Page 2 of 3
Quote by Eastwinn
OH LOOK AT THIS GUY ADDING AN IDEA TO THE DISCUSSION.

Or perhaps, ban parking at bars. Gotta figure whether forcing someone to walk or take a taxi, or bus, or whatever, is worth the lives it might save.

but what about when someone drives themselves and their friends to a bar, and someone sober drives home? how is that fair to the truly responsible people?
Quote by captaincrunk
but what about when someone drives themselves and their friends to a bar, and someone sober drives home? how is that fair to the truly responsible people?

That's what I mean. It's hard to decide what's more important. Being fair or maybe saving lives (of innocent people).
Quote by captaincrunk
we could ban tall buildings, in case they fall over

That rarely happens though. It's worth the risk.
Quote by Eastwinn
That rarely happens though. It's worth the risk.

Proportionally, people being killed by drunk drivers does as well. So **** OFF AGAIN.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Eastwinn
That's what I mean. It's hard to decide what's more important. Being fair or maybe saving lives (of innocent people).

Drinking is more important. Ya sure, you might save my life, but it wouldn't really be worth living.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by captaincrunk
we could ban tall buildings, in case they fall over

We should probably ban zoos too. Those flamingos can be pretty dangerous, bro.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Why don't we just make drunk driving illegal? That should totally stop people from doing it!
Quote by captaincrunk
Why can't you apply that to drunk driving?

Something like a third of fatal car accidents are due to alcohol. Many of lives could be saved if you could no longer park at bars. I think the inconvenience brought to drinkers might be preferable.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
We should probably ban zoos too. Those flamingos can be pretty dangerous, bro.

I second this.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by captaincrunk
if you got bars banned, i'd invite everyone to your house to get smashed and break things

I'd personally pee on his couch and light it on fire.

Don't tempt me either. It's not the first time I've done it!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Ed Hunter
I don't give a tinker's toss what your posts say, all I know is I rely on working in a pub and making beer for a living so banning bars is ****ing stupid and you're stupid for even suggesting it as a good idea.

Oh I mad. It winds me up how much we anonymously provide for this ****ing country and then you get a bunch of whining little shits who can't take their booze moaning about it because they threw up once. The majority of people who drink beer don't ****ing drive afterwards you **** so there's no reason to ban ****ing pubs. God damn ****ing rage all up in this mother****ing ********ing bitch ass ****.
Hey, which brewing company in Sheffield you work for?

Kelham Island? Let's go for a pint in the Fat Cat and give you time to cool off!
Quote by Eastwinn
Something like a third of fatal car accidents are due to alcohol. Many of lives could be saved if you could no longer park at bars. I think the inconvenience brought to drinkers might be preferable.

Uhh... People could still drink at their homes and then go driving, think it's a brilliant idea. I think you're not on safe waters, like others have said, people will still get around such a ban. It's a stupid idea..

Any suggestions to that, like car keys safely stored or something, is a good idea. On the other hand, the driver who just wants to grab a soda or water might suffer from it. Have the locker have some kind of guard who will test if you're sober or not. If sober, the guard opens the door to the lockers. If not, you return when you're sober and you will have the key for the locker sober or not. That's my idea.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Oct 1, 2012,
Quote by Sakke
Uhh... People could still drink at their homes and then go driving, think it's a brilliant idea. I think you're not on safe waters, like others have said, people will still get around such a ban. It's a stupid idea..

Any suggestions to that, like car keys safely stored or something, is a good idea. On the other hand, the driver who just wants to grab a soda or water might suffer from it. Have the locker have some kind of guard who will test if you're sober or not. And you will have the key for the locker, it'll be taken from you if you're drunk. That's my idea.

Yeah. I mean if I run out of booze and I have a tendency to drunk drive, do you think I'll just sit at home? Obviously I'm going out to buy more liquor.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah. I mean if I run out of booze and I have a tendency to drunk drive, do you think I'll just sit at home? Obviously I'm going out to buy more liquor.

Exactly what I was saying. Or that if someone suggests "Hey, let's drive to place x" or "Let's visit this cool friend of mine". The risk is still there and exists.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by fender_696
Hey, which brewing company in Sheffield you work for?

Kelham Island? Let's go for a pint in the Fat Cat and give you time to cool off!

Most definitely not Kelham Island. Their consistency is remarkably piss poor and their specials are embarrassing. I work for Little Ale Cart who are based at the Wellington just near Shalesmoor tramstop. Our beer is renowned as being superb mo'****a. And now every UGer knows where to find me but who gives a shit eh?

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by Ed Hunter
Most definitely not Kelham Island. Their consistency is remarkably piss poor and their specials are embarrassing. I work for Little Ale Cart who are based at the Wellington just near Shalesmoor tramstop. Our beer is renowned as being superb mo'****a. And now every UGer knows where to find me but who gives a shit eh?
Ah, I've been there. Solid boozer.
we should just ban drunk driving
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by fender_696
Ah, I've been there. Solid boozer.

Not sure I believe you.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by Eastwinn

most people die of other reasons
Quote by Dirge Humani
My town is dry in that no bars are allowed, but liquor stores are. Don't know of anyone who has ever been in a drunk driving accident here.

people usually go to the next town/county over and then drive home
Bars are awesome. What kind of queer would suggest that they're shut down?

Plus, prohibition has never worked to lessen alcohol consumption.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I'm for all kinds of pro-active measures to reduce drunk driving. Banning bars sounds silly though.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
What if bars banned us?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Despite I can probably buy a six pack of beer cheaper than getting a couple of drinks from the bar is a bad thing, but I do like socializing at bars.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Just realized one or two actually have for me as well...

Damn bars discriminating against humans
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
backlash would be organised crime.

People would set up illegal bars and the mod bosses would rule the scene. Plus, I love the social interactions of the pub, I'd be pissed right the **** off
And we have a winner.