Page 2 of 2
ah right ok

i guess if you can try to get your hands on one of the decent higher gain modellers (roland cube 30, peavey vypyr, or something like that) it might be worth considering. but whether it's a big enough upgrade over the MG to justify buying one, though, I don't know- they're better, but that's more if you have no amp and are deciding what to buy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
there's something:
overdrive pedals can be designed to boost distortion pedals or amp distortion
distortion pedals can't boost if you use two distortion pedals there will be problem
as a distortion pedal there boss metal zone(I like it but many people hate it) there's electro harmonix metal muff and mxr full boar metal pedal
Quote by MultiM

distortion pedals can't boost if you use two distortion pedals there will be problem

wait what?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
I'm not a pro so I may be wrong and I really don't know how to explain so here's examples:
you can use your amp distortion with a tube screamer/overdrive to boost
but if you use two distortion pedals at the same time like boss mt-2 and ds1 they'll sound like shit
but in case of amp distortion you can use amp dist. +overdrive(to boost)+ and a distortion pedal but my first answer from five minutes I was talking about two distortion pedal
yeah i mean if you dial in too much distortion it'll sound weird. but if you dial the gain way back on a distortion pedal (especially if it's not too heavy a distortion pedal), you can boost with one, and you could also stack two distortion pedals as well, i imagine.
Page 2 of 2