Poll Options
View poll results: ?
I agree
38 24%
I disagree
60 38%
I don't care
37 24%
Check out what my le girlfriend made me *Richard Dawkins is God shirt* I think she's a le keeper
21 13%
Voters: 156.
Page 1 of 4
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
This morning an old man came onto the crowded subway car and started preaching Jesus. Not unusual, but this time this woman asked him to stop saying it isn't right that he's preaching to what's essentially a captive audience. People are going to work, school, etc., they can't move, it's kind of annoying.

Now you also have musicians who come in and play for money, but their sets are usually a few minutes, whereas this old man was jabbering for a solid 15-20. The more I think about it, subway preachers really are a nuisance. The worst I can think of was a few weeks back where this guy was literally bellowing and screaming to repent and it actually disturbed my reading. Really, **** off. It's the equivalent of proselytizing in a crowded elevator, if the elevator ride was 40 minutes long.

So this woman made me see something in a new light.

Your thoughts?
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
I couldn't care less what they are preaching, they're all annoying.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
jthm_guitarist
"funny" but "unmemorable"
1,474 IQ
I agree. If someone's gonna jabber on for an extended amount of time then it's fine to ask them to shut up.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
I never witnessed anything like that as I'm not cityfolk but it sounds awful.
devourke
Banned
843 IQ
I don't really care what people talk about if they're just talking. If someone's gonna be yelling for 20 straight minutes it might get a tad annoying though.
Most_Triumphant
is being Excellent!
1,141 IQ
I agree because they do have a right, it is pretty annoying. I am a pretty knowledgeable Christian, and often times they preach flawed messages. I correct these mistakes (in front of everyone), and they look like an idiot afterwards. I have never seen the same subway preacher on my train twice. The other regulars love me for it.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
devourke
Banned
843 IQ
Quote by captaincrunk
I vote disagree because I think I disagree with it being allowed, not because I disagree with your assessment

I always thought you were one of them liberal freedom of speech types, crunk.
cho0onger
Six Foot Twenty
119 IQ
Does "I agree" mean I agree with their right to preach, or that I agree that they are a nuisance?

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
darkstar2466
Fly, you fools
1,145 IQ
I'd start with "god is a lie and jesus never existed."
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
hmm good point. you should just remind him that x was gay married to his bro or smth
Deadlock Riff
UG's Dark Gym Leader
372 IQ
I answered wrong, I meant to select I agree.

Wait, am I agreeing with TS (which i agree with)
or agreeing with the preachers annoyance? (which i disagreewith?)
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Oct 2, 2012,
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Lol. I agree means I agree that they're annoying.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
Telecaster7
Call me Leon
1,429 IQ
I don't care if people are just preaching at talking volume, because lots of people talk on the train. but if they're yelling and screaming and targeting people then it's pretty annoying.

However, let me ask you a follow-up question; if someone came onto your train and started loudly preaching for atheism, saying how god (any god) never existed and about how religious people need to realise their stupidity, would you say something, or would you object to someone else saying something?
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
770 IQ
I don't care what you belief is, yelling at people for a good 15-20 mins is annoying.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Quote by Telecaster7
I don't care if people are just preaching at talking volume, because lots of people talk on the train. but if they're yelling and screaming and targeting people then it's pretty annoying.

However, let me ask you a follow-up question; if someone came onto your train and started loudly preaching for atheism, saying how god (any god) never existed and about how religious people need to realise their stupidity, would you say something, or would you object to someone else saying something?

I'd find that just as irritating, it's a bad context to preach anything especially in the morning.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Rossenrot
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
921 IQ
Quote by devourke
I always thought you were one of them liberal freedom of speech types, crunk.

there's more than one way to not allow something. if I'm the only person on the train who doesn't want to hear it, I still won't allow it to be heard (while I'm on the train). The guy should stop if asked by anyone, not just the train authorities
troyofyort
2nd place is da 1st loser
802 IQ
Its annoying but as long as they aren't yelling, but using calm, talking tones without being a dick/offensive to anyone who am I to stop them. Sure people can ask him to stop on the same principle
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
entity0009
UG's Null.
534 IQ
You're meant to captivate your audience, not hold them captive.
devourke
Banned
843 IQ
Quote by entity0009
You're meant to captivate your audience, not hold them captive.

Someone should have signed Josef Fritzl up for a Public Speaking class.
MakinLattes
fully retractable
1,097 IQ
I listen to music while on the bus so I can't hear anyone talking. It wouldn't annoy me, and if it did I would the person to knock it off.
WaterGod
BernieBro
541 IQ
I would either pull out my Ipod and listen to that instead or get to the train station a bit earlier and take a different train. Stop being a whiny bitch.
entity0009
UG's Null.
534 IQ
Quote by devourke
Someone should have signed Josef Fritzl up for a Public Speaking class.

captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
921 IQ
Quote by WaterGod
I would either pull out my Ipod and listen to that instead or get to the train station a bit earlier and take a different train. Stop being a whiny bitch.

and when the preachers are there too?
Eastwinn
through being cool
3,131 IQ
Quote by Telecaster7

+1 to the first part.

To the second, I would find that less annoying. Hearing someone preach something I disagree with is more annoying. I think that's pretty normal though. I would say nothing in either scenario. If they're being loud I would hope someone would quiet them down, but if it amounts to some improv debate, I'd rather just hear the preaching.
devourke
Banned
843 IQ
Quote by captaincrunk
and when the preachers are there too?

He'd move to sweeden where he'd get his complimentary phd in science & atheism upon arrival.
TheEternalJew
Banned
21 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr

Your thoughts?

Tell him how much of a **** his so called god is then tell him to have a chat with Slacker.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Who cares?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
TheEternalJew
Banned
21 IQ
Quote by element4433
Who cares?

Alot of people do get extremely annoyed ya know.
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
i liked those people who handed out pamphlets about the end of the world last year. (was it really a year ago now?)

i would act all excited and grab the pamphlet from their hands and when they told me the world was ending i'd scream "I CAN'T ****ING WAIT!" and dance a little.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Cb4rabid
K♦️
2,628 IQ
Subways don't exist here.

Subway, on the other hand...

pinga
c3powil
on a coconut estate
4,180 IQ
If they're shouting I'd say they could get in trouble for disturbing the peace. Otherwise, it's freedom of speech.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
SteveHouse
trys hard, loves the game
798 IQ
You should start a group sing-along of Down Down Down to Mephisto's Cafe

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Avedas
yoloswag420
673 IQ
I listen to music on my phone during all point of my commute. I couldn't care less.
Colgate Total
I <3 drugs
2,211 IQ
He's allowed to spew his bullshit just as much as you're allowed to ignore it.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
2,744 IQ
That's what you get for living in NYC.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
I would pretend to be possessed by the devil and start throwing up in the preachers mouth.