Poll Options
View poll results: ?
I agree
38 24%
I disagree
60 38%
I don't care
37 24%
Check out what my le girlfriend made me *Richard Dawkins is God shirt* I think she's a le keeper
21 13%
Voters: 156.
Page 3 of 4
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
If he was politely asking you, no reason to be a dick about it, just kindly tell him no.

Is there a polite way to say that your worldview means that you're bringing up your children badly and are going to go to Hell, because that's the tacit undertone to the question.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Ninja#117
I did. He continued on.

I love how people act as though these types arent persistent. He actually asked me if i believed i was doing what was best for my child (who isnt born yet BTW). Stated that everyone needs the blessings of the father and holy spirit and that me not believing doesnt make hell any less real.

He said he would pray for my eventual finding of the lord (not bad and a worthy endeavor for religious people) and that he hoped i would someday change my doubts for the sake of my son. That last part really irked me.

Even my girl began to take offense and she said afterwards she was suprised i didnt argue more. Dude was laying it on and the most i said was "No thank you, im not religious."

This just got me thinking. Wouldn't it be amazingly fun to go around like that guy and just mess with people and watch them get absolutely pissed off?

Don't tell me that wouldn't be fun.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Todd Hart
Is there a polite way to say that your worldview means that you're bringing up your children badly and are going to go to Hell, because that's the tacit undertone to the question.

You can just walk off.

Quote by Ninja#117
I did. He continued on.

I love how people act as though these types arent persistent. He actually asked me if i believed i was doing what was best for my child (who isnt born yet BTW). Stated that everyone needs the blessings of the father and holy spirit and that me not believing doesnt make hell any less real.

He said he would pray for my eventual finding of the lord (not bad and a worthy endeavor for religious people) and that he hoped i would someday change my doubts for the sake of my son. That last part really irked me.

Even my girl began to take offense and she said afterwards she was suprised i didnt argue more. Dude was laying it on and the most i said was "No thank you, im not religious."

I usually just walk away from these guys, I don't stand there and let them talk to me. I never found the need to sit there and argue with/listen to them.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Last edited by Horsedick.MPEG at Oct 3, 2012,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
You can just walk off.

Not if you're on a train.
Quote by Todd Hart
Not if you're on a train.

That guy said he was in Walmart, so you can easily walk away from someone in Walmart.

Though what would you do if some guy was loudly preaching Atheism on a crowded train? Would you tell him to shut up, because he's being loud and obnoxious, or would you let him continue because you're in agreement with him?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
That guy said he was in Walmart, so you can easily walk away from someone in Walmart.

Not if he's down the aisle you need to be in.

Plus, you shouldn't have to walk away.
Quote by Todd Hart

Well if someone's bugging me in a store, I walk off, especially as big of a place as Walmart. Sometimes it's best to ignore people instead of wanting to fight them.

I find it funny how you guys keep ignoring the question if someone was preaching Atheism.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Well if someone's bugging me in a store, I walk off, especially as big of a place as Walmart. Sometimes it's best to ignore people instead of wanting to fight them.

I find it funny how you guys keep ignoring the question if someone was preaching Atheism.

You can hardly preach atheism, but if someone was on a train shouting about how there isn't a god I'd be just as annoyed, just as I'd be annoyed if someone was preaching about how Pepsi is better than Coke, or a sermon on Subway, or Missionary for McDonalds.
I'm all for weird people on public transport.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

If someone was dumb enough to manage to 'preach' atheism they'd do my head in.
Quote by willT08
If someone was dumb enough to manage to 'preach' atheism they'd do my head in.

It's more of some guy preaching that God isn't real and how the Bible is shit, basically what you guys post on a daily basis, except in a crowded subway instead of on a forum.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's more of some guy preaching that God isn't real and how the Bible is shit, basically what you guys post on a daily basis, except in a crowded subway instead of on a forum.

Yeah, fuck that guy.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

There's a difference between posting something on a message board and standing on a crowded train and yelling at people.
Quote by Todd Hart
There's a difference between posting something on a message board and standing on a crowded train and yelling at people.

I didn't say they were the same, I was just saying what if that guy was doing that in public.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I didn't say they were the same, I was just saying what if that guy was doing that in public.

Then he'd be just as annoying, and would, just has his religious counterpart was, be rather missing the point of his theological outlook.
Quote by Todd Hart

I was looking at strollers like i said and my girl is pregnant. No way i should have to walk away from looking at what i intended to see.

Once someone says "No thanks" that should be it. THey walk away not me. I didnt approach them.
Knowledge is power
Yea, I think anyone doing that in public would be annoying. It's doesn't really matter what's coming out of their mouth. It would all annoy me.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I would still be annoyed by someone "preaching" atheism. That shit is annoying both way regardless. Id love to see people out preaching tolerance and acceptance of other races and religions instead of the dividing effect of religions.

But since supposedly good people are too busy telling you that hell is waiting for you that wont happen.
Knowledge is power
Quote by Todd Hart
You can hardly preach atheism, but if someone was on a train shouting about how there isn't a god I'd be just as annoyed, just as I'd be annoyed if someone was preaching about how Pepsi is better than Coke, or a sermon on Subway, or Missionary for McDonalds.
No you wouldn't. You'd have a big old mouthful of his cum.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
No you wouldn't. You'd have a big old mouthful of his cum.

Cheers for telling me what I like.

I get annoyed when people are talking loudly on the phone, people preaching anything can die.
Quote by Todd Hart
Cheers for telling me what I like.

I get annoyed when people are talking loudly on the phone, people preaching anything can die.
I calls em as I sees em.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I don't support his message, but I support his right to do so.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
he has the right to do so b/c free speech and whatnot. I really don't care as long as I have the option to not listen to him (have headphones or can leave or something).

but if I was in the subway, with no options to get out of listening to him, I would be annoyed. He can have all the right in the world to say it, but I have every right to sit in quiet while waiting to get somewhere. So if I asked him politely to stop and he continued, things would probably erupt.
I Like Green!
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

Not saying it's never ever going to happen but I have never once in my life seen anyone start "preaching" about their athiest beliefs to strangers in public. And I find it funny as soon as atheism is mentioned people are like "YOU SUCK DAWKINS ****!YOU WOULD SUCK AN ATHIESTS **** BECAUSE YOU SHARE THE SAME LACK OF BELIEF!". Really? Grow up.
They're just making themselves look more stupid. We have a guy who does that every monday in front of one of the more busy class halls. People argue with him and show up with counter-signs and make a big scene.

I just walk past him and don't pay attention to what he has to say. No use getting angry over someone else's religious beliefs.

So I answered I don't care.
Quote by WCPhils
I couldn't care less what they are preaching, they're all annoying.

+1

Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
I dunno.
We have shitty public transportation here that I haven't ever and probably will never use, so I guess I don't even have to think about the question.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
I just walk past him and don't pay attention to what he has to say.

But the original situation doesn't allow you to leave, that's the key part.

I would react much like the lady did in the given situation. I would kindly ask the person to be quiet and to respect the people around him/her.

That said, I rock very good noise cancelling ear buds, so I can't hear much outside my music when I'm riding public transport.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
But the original situation doesn't allow you to leave, that's the key part.

I would react much like the lady did in the given situation. I would kindly ask the person to be quiet and to respect the people around him/her.

That said, I rock very good noise cancelling ear buds, so I can't hear much outside my music when I'm riding public transport.

Well then, headphones.
Quote by TheEternalJew
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Quote by TheEternalJew
Let the school yard bullies win, just ignore them.

Why should anyone have to let the bullies win? Why should I let some town centre preacher get away with hurling bigoted abuse at me and my daughter? Why shouldn't I demonstrate to my daughter that the guy is actualy just full of shit and that we are not both going to a place where we will burn for ever?
You take an interest in religion. Most people don't, or atleast, other religious beliefs. In short, refer to my initial post so we can go around in circles, like all religious arguments do.

This one?
Quote by TheEternalJew
Tell him how much of a **** his so called god is then tell him to have a chat with Slacker.

While I appreciate the vote of confidence, I cannot condone that kind of disrespect for anyone's religion. Informing someone of why you think they are wrong is one thing, purposely insulting the object of their worship is something else entirely. It's not only disrespectful, but it also makes you look silly, after all, why on earth would you bother to insult a being that you don't believe exists? Unless of course you do believe he exists?
Seriously, learn to poll.

OT: I hate people who try to spread their believes in any way. Just keep it to yourself damn it.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender

I hate people who try to spread their believes in any way. Just keep it to yourself damn it.

But... your hatred of people who try to spread their believes is itself a 'belief'.... which you've just attempted to spread by posting your belief on a public forum.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
But... your hatred of people who try to spread their believes is itself a 'belief'.... which you've just attempted to spread by posting your belief on a public forum.

Ha

I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by entity0009
I'm from London, I have an inherent hatred for anyone who steps out of line on public transport.

Yeah this.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

But this is a forum and thus you are in no way required to read/respond to his post. On a train that's rather different; you're a captive audience, and pretty much have to put up with being preacher at.

Next time someone tries to preach on a train from the Bible I'm going to stand up and start reading aloud whatever book it is I'm reading.
Quote by Todd Hart
But this is a forum and thus you are in no way required to read/respond to his post. On a train that's rather different; you're a captive audience, and pretty much have to put up with being preacher at.

Next time someone tries to preach on a train from the Bible I'm going to stand up and start reading aloud whatever book it is I'm reading.

I remember seeing an advert where they did that. Everyone gets up and starts reading aloud and then the tag line may as well have been:

"Sit down, shut up. It's just a book".
Quote by willT08
I remember seeing an advert where they did that. Everyone gets up and starts reading aloud and then the tag line may as well have been:

"Sit down, shut up. It's just a book".

Really? That's rather good.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I guess I stated that wrong, I meant that I hate people who try to convince others to believe the same.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore