So I just got kicked out of my first band

They said my playing style was more for heavier music, as they were writing 80's glam rock style music, and I write stuff more along the lines of Dream Theater and Dance Gavin Dance.

What are some bands you have been kicked out of and why?

EDIT: I should probably say that I didn't leave under bad terms, we were all really chill with each other during practice, I just didn't have any motivation to write 4-chord rock songs
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Last edited by Enigmatic564 at Oct 3, 2012,
I've never been kicked out, but I left a previous band on good terms. Both of us really didn't think it would work out with me. Mainly due to scheduling issues and me only being free when they weren't

However, I am contemplating kicking out the second guitarist in the other band I am in because he is a gigantic crybaby and has the polar opposite music taste as everyone else. He is also one of the most negative, anti social people I have ever met in my life.
Never been kicked out, although our old bassist gave us some bullshit 'need to concentrate on my schoolwork' excuse to leave our band. Then went and joined another band straight away. What made it worse was:
1- We were good friends with the other band
2- I had been great friends with the bassist for over 10 years and he couldn't even give us the decency to tell us why he was leaving

It all worked out in the end though, got a good mate on bass now
never been kicked out of a band
i did eave a band because they wanted to play ska and its not a genre i particulary enjoy playing
but eventuay i started another band with like half of the ska band and made a blues/jazz band haha
Quote by Enigmatic564
So I just got kicked out of my first band

They said my playing style was more for heavier music, as they were writing 80's glam rock style music, and I write stuff more along the lines of Dream Theater and Dance Gavin Dance.

What are some bands you have been kicked out of and why?

EDIT: I should probably say that I didn't leave under bad terms, we were all really chill with each other during practice, I just didn't have any motivation to write 4-chord rock songs

don't get butt hurt. That basically is what happened with our old guitarist. Every once else said we should kick him out, and I was the one to tell him, and now I'm the only one he doesn't talk to.

That said, a girl was involved. That changes things for sure.
Never been kicked out. I've left a few bands amicably because we we're all mature enough to understand and move on.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
i tried to get kicked out, but they just wouldn't. even when i got moderately drunk at almost every practice and kept ****ing up.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I too, have never been kicked out. Though I have left a band because of our drummer's attitude when it comes to learning new things and general playing skills. It was a 3 piece band, and my father did lead guitar and vocals. I was just filling in the bass position for him, so when he didn't want to work with him anymore, he just stopped going, so I didn't have much of a choice in the matter. The drummer also had all the pro equipment, so that ended that.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Oct 3, 2012,
Never been kicked out, but I've left and kicked others out. Sometimes you have to look past that fact that you're (probably) pretty good friends with them if they're bringing everything down. And not necessarily skills-wise.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Never been kicked out but I left a band that I felt was giving me the cold shoulder. No biggie though, I was basically a fill-in so they could play shows; I had no creative input.

My funk/jam group recently disbanded though. That sucked.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i tried to get kicked out, but they just wouldn't. even when i got moderately drunk at almost every practice and kept ****ing up.

Why would you do this?
You could just leave... No need to bring out the passive aggressive bullshit.
RIP Gooze

cats
Any time you play music from a decade era which is currently isn't the current decade.. its bad news
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
go join/start another band and be infinity times better than those guys

i was kicked out of a band once for sucking. My new band became the kind of highschool legend you reminisce about.
You okay?

I've never been kicked out of one. My old band went through a name change and a couple line-up shuffles, but I was always on guitar and vocals, and my friend Chris was always on bass and vocals. The drummer changed once and we got a second guitarist later on. The band broke when the bassist and other guitarist started fighting

My current band however hasn't practiced in about 3 months or something
Quote by T7E
they just never called again

This happened to me mainly because I had just joined and they wanted me to help buy a P. A for the singer who never sang and showed up super late to practices. I was gonna leave anyway because me and a friend were forming my current band at the same time I hooked up with those guys, so it was no big deal.
They broke up recently, the music was really cool too
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Actually, there was some Aberdonian up-and-coming shitcore band or something that had just lost their drummer and needed a new one. Apparently they had endorsements from various instrument manufacturers etc. I was supposed to be thier new drummer, but they never replied to my texts or answered my calls

Probably just as well, 'cause their music was horrible.