hey I'm not asking for good opeth songs or offical thread or anything but I'm asking for opeth songs that have a lot of solos or nice solos from mikeal or anyone:
any good songs to learn?
Nepenthe has a crazy solo in it. Burden has some cool stuff going on too. Opeth has a lot of lead style playing but they're not really solos in the traditional sense so just listen to a bunch of their songs and you can take bits and pieces if all your interested in is guitar solos.

Opeth has some really great guitar work in all of their songs you'll do yourself some good if you learn some of the chords they use and how they use them. Learning to play fast is totally useless if you don't what notes sound good (or which notes sound bad) over the rhythm section.
at the end of "hours of wealth" - the best imo
"the grand conjuration" cool with tapping
"her apparent" - by Fredrik with palm muting and some ridiculous arpeggios ;D
The Drapery Falls has an 'easier' solo. Forest of October and Beneath the Mire are good choices too.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Was always fond of the solos on The Funeral Portrait, especially the ending solo.
In the Valley of Vung
Quote by Mr. Parker
Was always fond of the solos on The Funeral Portrait, especially the ending solo.

This too, epic melodic exploration.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Their latest album is amazing, and a good technical lead type song from there is The Devils Orchard, which I am currently learning.
White Cluster (I think) has this whole dueling guitar solo bit in it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by salempc
Their latest album is amazingly bad

Fixed.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I totally read that as 'Opeth Gui-tar Style!'
As in Gangnam. It literally happened involuntarily in my head.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
Quote by EpiExplorer
This too, epic melodic exploration.

To my ears, these boys partake in more rectal exploration than melodic. That clean vocal style he developed is certainly no coincidence.
Ask in the Opeth tread
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.