Poll: Are you looking forward to winter?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you looking forward to winter?
Yes
143 64%
No
79 36%
Voters: 222.
Page 2 of 4
I love cold weather. Wish I lived where it was colder.

It's still mid 80's here (29.4 C). It won't really cool off here until end of Dec. beginning of Jan. and it will still be it the 50's.
It never snows in Texas =(

But of course I'm looking forward to it. I'd rather be freezing cold in the winter than scorching hot throughout the rest of the year. I mean, when it's cold, you can just keep adding layers of clothing until your warm. But when its hot... well... you can only take off soo much...
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Kensai
I used to dislike winter but it's pretty 'aight now. The light is nice, it's cozy and all the spiders building webs outside my window die.

It's pretty.

That looks like Peyto Lake in Alberta, Canada
If you have never checked out the Wood Brothers. Do yourself a favor and look them up. Best. Band. Ever.

I hate the winter because the days are so damn short.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I hate the winter because the days are so damn short.

At 5 o'clock, it's already getting dark here.
Geographically we should be an hour later, (when it's 5 it's actually 6) but some religious nutjobs have their hands up the society's ass.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Quote by HAZ-121
Winter is coming.

This was my first thought when I looked out the window this morning and saw the pale white sky and the (somewhat) leafless deciduous trees.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I like snow. Matter of fact everything is a little more put into perspective when there's snow. And then you're like wtf why is it so damn cold?

Then you go riding snowmobiles and crash them because the whiskey you drank might have warmed you up, but it didnt accelerate your descision making.
At all.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by TheTee56
At 5 o'clock, it's already getting dark here.
Geographically we should be an hour later, (when it's 5 it's actually 6) but some religious nutjobs have their hands up the society's ass.

so..

where do you live
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I like winter up until Christmas. After that I get sick of it.
Quote by Burgery
so..

where do you live

BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Quote by whoomit
Winter was pretty much non-existent here last year.

This past week it's just reached that temperature low enough that there are NO MORE SPIDERS climbing in through my window! HUZZAH!

The spiders are probably already inside your house hidden where it's warm to survive the winter. Jus' sayin'.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
It's still sunny and fairly warm here O_o

And I live in Canada.

Not looking forward to winter. I hate it.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
I look forward to winter because it stops being so damn muggy here but the coldest it gets is around 50 F, which is enough for me to wear a sweater on top of a long sleeve shirt with an undershirt.
pinga
Winter in northern Canada where I used to live was fun, since we got 6-8ft of snow a year and could do things like snowmobiling and such. The winter climate where I live now though is pretty much like the UK but colder, so about -10 to 0 degrees everyday, with a constant combination of rain and snow giving us nothing but a foot of slush everywhere.

No thanks.
Quote by Cb4rabid
I look forward to winter because it stops being so damn muggy here but the coldest it gets is around 50 F, which is enough for me to wear a sweater on top of a long sleeve shirt with an undershirt.
I hope you're joking. You're joking, right?
Orion is visible in the winter, and I'm born in the winter, plus I love snow and the cold, so yeah. I'm looking forward to it.
Quote by Pat_s1t
Winter in northern Canada where I used to live was fun, since we got 6-8ft of snow a year and could do things like snowmobiling and such. The winter climate where I live now though is pretty much like the UK but colder, so about -10 to 0 degrees everyday, with a constant combination of rain and snow giving us nothing but a foot of slush everywhere.

No thanks.I hope you're joking. You're joking, right?

I live in Florida, man. 50 F here is like a blizzard. If it's any lower than that, I don't go outside.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
I live in Florida, man. 50 F here is like a blizzard. If it's any lower than that, I don't go outside.
If it gets lower than -4F I put a windbreaker on over my hoodie. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Quote by Pat_s1t
If it gets lower than -4F I put a windbreaker on over my hoodie. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Think of the oranges man
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid

lol, pussy

It doesn't even ever get below 0 here, but 50? That's not even cold at all!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Oct 4, 2012,
Quote by KonaNuNu
That looks like Peyto Lake in Alberta, Canada

Well spotted... or google image search?
Quote by Cb4rabid

Floridans...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
More pics, guys.

Quote by Colgate Total
It means I have to buy winter tires for my car, so no.

Yeah I had to do that last year, it cost me around $400. At least I won't have to do it this year. And no, I'm not looking forward to winter. However, I live across the street from a Ski resort so there's that.
Last edited by Thrill-house at Oct 4, 2012,

I love ones like this. It reminds me of when I was little and I would sit at this big bay window in my house and watch the snow go past the streetlights.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
One thing that is kind of cool about winter here is that every now and then we'll get rain that pretty much freezes and coats everything in ice -- trees, cars, buildings, everything. Every single branch on every tree or bush will be encased in about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice, and it looks ****ing awesome. Like, this is my car window after I rolled it down on one of those days last year.
^ We had something like that two years ago. Never saw anything like it. Usually when it's that cold we just get snow. It was really cool. Pain in the ass, but cool

Actually, I guess it happens enough, but what happens is that eventually the rain stops freezing so the ice stays around for only a little bit of time.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by Pat_s1t
One thing that is kind of cool about winter here is that every now and then we'll get rain that pretty much freezes and coats everything in ice -- trees, cars, buildings, everything. Every single branch on every tree or bush will be encased in about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice, and it looks ****ing awesome. Like, this is my car window after I rolled it down on one of those days last year.

That happens pretty often out here, it's not very fun when you have to go out and drive in it.
I'd love to be in a snowy place, not too cold but sunny and tons of snow. I grew up in Canada so I know cold and hate it. Looking forward to winter here though so it'll cool off a bit and people will come.
I hope it snows this year. We didn't get and last year after having three or four storms that dropped around two feet each in 2010-11
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils
I love ones like this. It reminds me of when I was little and I would sit at this big bay window in my house and watch the snow go past the streetlights.

That was my favourit as well. I'm on the 5th floor here overlooking a street with several street lights, I love just looking down and watching the snow fall over the cityscape.
I love the snow, even if it is a pain in the ass. I love how it reflects the city lights and brightens everything up at night.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Thrill-house
That happens pretty often out here, it's not very fun when you have to go out and drive in it.

This.
Few years ago I got a straight week off of school because they couldn't get all the farm roads plowed.
Quote by Kensai
More pics, guys.

These look like puzzles I've put together. I like puzzles
I love snow.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I don't mind winter too much, though my work bay is outside the main shop, so I stand out in the heat or cold depending on what time of the year it is. I don't like retarded amounts of snow though.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
I ****ing hate Winter. Looking forward to having soft Winters in England.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ