frank1985
21 IQ
I'm looking for something to record with, and not a mere practice amp.

Budget: Between £200-400

Genres: I pretty much need an amp which can handle a wide variety of styles, and sounds good clean and distorted.

I need to be able to record at a low volume to prevent a backlash from the neighbours, so low volume / high gain would be ideal.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Last edited by frank1985 at Oct 4, 2012,
frank1985
21 IQ
will it still maintain its tone at low volume levels? I want to be able to record without annoying the family, neighbours, pets etc.

Btw, what is your opinion of the Blackstar HT1R?
Last edited by frank1985 at Oct 4, 2012,
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man
551 IQ
Yes. The whole idea of the Vypyr Tube is to keep low volume tones good and it can EASILY keep up with a band.

Blackstar HTs are hybrid. I forget which part is solid-state. I think they have some tasty tones but the cleans like a LOT to be desired. It's also only one watt; now I realize wattage doesn't dictate volume but that thing is going to REALLY struggle in a small band practice situation, let a lone a gig.

I'm also assuming that you'll want to gig/be in a band at some point, hence my Vypyr suggestion.

If not and you just want to record and play at home, a Line6 POD 2.0 and a small powered speaker would do the trick quite nicely.
frank1985
21 IQ
thanks a lot for your suggestions, i'll have to look into the line 6