Poll: Should, steroids be legal?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should, steroids be legal?
Yes
59 56%
No
46 44%
Voters: 105.
Page 1 of 3
I was just thinking how I'll never be a professional athlete, but I'm not allowed to purchase or use steroids without a prescription. In order to get a prescription, I'd have to be suffering from delayed puberty, anemia, or some other ailment. The entire reason steroids are so taboo, it seems is because athletes use them to gain an unfair (debatable) advantage over their competition. That standard doesn't apply to me at the gym as I'm not in competition with any other people, nor am I in any bodybuilding shows.

What do you think?

inb4 hur dur moobs and balding
>inb4 OP can't inb4
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
don't put poison in yr body bro
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Son, do you really want your penis to turn into a vagina?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
It's more than just moobs and balding, steroids completely **** up the body's ability to function; your heart and lungs get messed up badly after using for a while.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
OP cant inb..

oh....

If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Take all the steroids you want, you will never be immortal.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by zgr0826
It's more than just moobs and balding, steroids completely **** up the body's ability to function; your heart and lungs get messed up badly after using for a while.

Right, but how is that different than getting lung cancer, cirrhosis of the liver, kidney stones, gall stones, diabetes, etc. from completely legal means? There are risks with everything that goes into the body.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

If you want to completely **** your body up, whatever.

Just keep them out of my sports.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Are you really that desperate to "look sewper buff and hawt" to put your body through that? There are words for those kinds of people. They're called attention ***** douche bags.

But what do I care what other people want to do? If it makes them happy, why not? It's not hurting anyone but themselves, so I say legalize it. They can probably tax the shit out of it too.
I don't see why not. They should obviously be regulated, and only dispensed with a prescription.
Quote by Colgate Total
The entire reason steroids are so taboo, it seems is because athletes use them to gain an unfair (debatable) advantage over their competition.

I'm faily sure the reason they're so taboo is because they're dangerous and addictive.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by ExDementia
Are you really that desperate to "look sewper buff and hawt" to put your body through that? There are words for those kinds of people. They're called attention ***** douche bags.

But what do I care what other people want to do? If it makes them happy, why not? It's not hurting anyone but themselves, so I say legalize it. They can probably tax the shit out of it too.

It's not only about looking ripped. That can be achieved with a proper diet and regular exercise.

Steroids take it up that extra level. Where as having to wait 2 to 3 days in between workouts for your body to recover, even with supplements, can be cut down to 1 day with steroids. The recovery is better; the endurance is better; the strength is better.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by rabidguitarist
I'm faily sure the reason they're so taboo is because they're dangerous and addictive.

How are they addictive?

And if they're dangerous, it's because of abuse. Body builders, professional wrestlers, athletes, all the ones you hear about when people tell you about 'em are the ones who took hundreds of times the natural amount your body can produce and over a period of ten to fifteen years. Drinking and smoking excessively and over that period of time would **** your organs up just the same.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

>pit
>legalize all drugs, liberal as ****
>no omg steroids r bad

Make up your minds.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
>pit
>no omg steroids r bad

Make up your minds.

Well steroids are mainly used by jock types, and the Pit is still scarred by middle school dodgeball, so it makes sense.

But yea, it's pretty funny.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Oct 4, 2012,
Quote by Cb4rabid
>pit
>no omg steroids r bad

Make up your minds.

Was just thinking this.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Colgate Total
How are they addictive?

People continue to take them after they completely **** up their bodies, so what other reason could they have?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by daytripper75
I don't see why not. They should obviously be regulated, and only dispensed with a prescription.

this.

and, why, is there, a random comma, in the, poll title,?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Steroids should be legal for everyone and I cannot think of a legitimate reason as to why they should not be.
I would hate playing sports with someone on steroids. So either you'd be a jerk, or you'd use them and not play sports which is pretty pointless...
Quote by Duce180
Most nflers take roids during the offseason...

Source?
___

Quote by The_Blode
I thought that they gave people heart problems. Even if they are a health risk, I don't see why they shouldn't be legal, everyone should be able to do what they want with their own damn body.
Quote by MDoggDX316
To quote Granddad, "I think ALL marriage should be illegal."

[quote="'-[NiL"]-'] I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
i say yes.

so you can use steroids.

and i can laugh at how much you look like a freak.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i say yes.

so you can use steroids.

Look at these people. Total freaks, right?

BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by jakesmellspoo
i say yes.

so you can use steroids.

And then they'll beat the snot out of you.
black skin?

tights?

massive forehead?

clearly freaks.

^and totally not get arrested.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Colgate Total

Look at these people. Total freaks, right?

I don't understand if you're joking or not, they do actually look like massive freaks.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist
I don't understand if you're joking or not, they do actually look like massive freaks.

Are all people scrawny where you come from? Or are you just trying to prove a point? Ben Johnson is built, but he's in no way "massive." Ronnie Coleman is massive.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

bowling pin beats muscles.

tryna fight?
Quote by Colgate Total
Are all people scrawny where you come from? Or are you just trying to prove a point? Ben Johnson is built, but he's in no way "massive." Ronnie Coleman is massive.

I don't mean massive as in built, I mean freaks of great magnitude.

Look back at those pictures and I'm sure you will agree. If I had children I would avoid both.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist

You seriously think either looks like a freak?

Have you ever played a sport or stepped in a gym?
___

Quote by The_Blode
ive had steroids prescribed to me and they worked wonders, the thing is you cant take them for too long or they might **** you up. I believe I only took them for a week or so.
So yeah, im all for steroids.
Quote by WCPhils
You seriously think either looks like a freak?

Have you ever played a sport or stepped in a gym?

IIRC rabid is like <98 pounds. And he's a dude.
Quote by RU Experienced?
IIRC rabid is like <98 pounds. And he's a dude.

Actually I'm about 150 pounds now.

Some of it is muscle.

Most of it is fat.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by Colgate Total
It's not only about looking ripped. That can be achieved with a proper diet and regular exercise.

Steroids take it up that extra level. Where as having to wait 2 to 3 days in between workouts for your body to recover, even with supplements, can be cut down to 1 day with steroids. The recovery is better; the endurance is better; the strength is better.

But if you're not an athlete, what's the end goal if not looking ripped? What does all that effort go towards if it's not for the functionality?
Page 1 of 3