ironfather0
20 IQ
so i've posted before about my arm being sore and i got my appt at the doctors tommorow to get it looked at since last week my arm pain has pretty much gone away and i recently lowered my jackson kelly guitar a bit to see how i would play with it. I can't really play with it well low at all so i raised up the guitar again so that the bridge is just a little bit under the belt loop on my pants and my elbow started getting sore again. this kinda has me worried as i wanna play my guitar at the height i have it now because i can actually play it pretty well where areas if its low i play like crap, however i'm worried that being too high is hurting my arm? could having my guitar raised up be the issue?
Junior#1
Is SouTaicho Yamamoto-san
71 IQ
1. If it's hurting you, you're doing something wrong
2. If the bridge is just below your belt buckle, I think if anything you are still too low. My bridge is at about my belly button.
3. Post a video of you playing. It will allow us to help you a lot more.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Last edited by Junior#1 at Oct 5, 2012,
Facecut
Vorsitzender
288 IQ
Quote by Junior#1

2. If the bridge is just below your belt buckle, I think if anything you are still too high. My bridge is at about my belly button.

o.o where do you kids wear your belts these days
Junior#1
Is SouTaicho Yamamoto-san
71 IQ
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Yeah, I'm going to assume Junior means too low, not too high!

Oops. That's what I get for not proofreading. I'll fix it.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
mikey85123
20 IQ
The question is how does it feel when you play sitting down? That's roughly where the guitar should be when you stand up.
ironfather0
20 IQ
i play better when its high up on me, i was getting a discomfort in my elbow and forearm when it was raised to high. just got back from the doctor and turns out all it is a strained muscle, so with a bit of rest and some medication it'll be healing in no time. such a relief its not tendonitis
Facecut
Vorsitzender
288 IQ
Quote by mikey85123
The question is how does it feel when you play sitting down? That's roughly where the guitar should be when you stand up.

Oh boy!