Standarduser
1,443 IQ
So i tried cranking up the amp to 10 volume to see what happened with distortion(Its a Fender Frontman 15w). I perfectly blocked all guitar strings(because i wanted to hear every nuance of open guitar strings on distortion) and suddenly the amp started making some "ahhh" noise without me opening or fretting any string. I lowered the volume and the "ahhh" persisted through non distorted, low, clean volume. After a minute it went away - but what was that??
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
It was your little practice amp screaming from the pain you just put it through.

Those amps are really not ment to be turned up all the way, and if you do they sound like crap.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Volcz
VCA '18
2,428 IQ
Feedback?

Did it sound like this? Skip to about 1:50.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luURyH9fzhk

If it did, it's basically just the sound waves from your amp hitting your strings and making them vibrate.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man
551 IQ
hahaha, I do that to mine all the time to screw with it. Makes some nice spaceship noises with a chorus on and a wah.

If it persistently hisses afterwards you've broken it and it'll never sound the same again. that's what happened to my frontman. I don't recommend this at all.