Page 1 of 3
If only that white KV didn't have an FR... grr.

A 3 tuner per side headstock on that would make it just heavenly
Tis a sig

Needs more Kellys though.

I really love the KVMGQ
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 7, 2012,
So much want.

Too bad I like my KB Rhoads too much.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
So very much want.

I love Silverburst.
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
ESP/LTD SN-1000
Jackson Stars Kelly "Aiko"
Ormsby SX6 prototype
Dingwall NG-2 "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
EVH 5153
The only problem i'm seeing is how expensive these guitars could be. They could cost something like £1100 if they're anything like the old Pro Series.
Quote by Axelfox
That's actually not too bad. Are these guitars made in India or Japan?
Quote by Axelfox
I've played some Krappy guitars from Korea myself. I really hope its Japan that they're made in.
Quote by Axelfox
Yeah, Jackson need to build more 7 string guitars. I liked the SLAT7 i played one time, although Tom didn't like it much. He says it just wasn't the guitar for him.
Quote by Axelfox
that chlorine burst dinky looks absolutely awesome. Also i'm glad they have frt-x000s instead of those jackson trems (frts aren't amazing, but they're better than the jt580LP, and also should be a direct swap for an OFR). EDI:T: also JB/59 or EMG 81/85 in everything isn't exactly exciting me. But still better than worse stock pickups.

Need to see where they're made, though. I also suspect they'll be pretty dear, at least in this part of the world (UK/Ireland/Europe).
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 7, 2012,
I see no reason at all to get those guitars over a used Ibanez Prestige. (speaking from an American's standpoint)
Quote by Fisheth24
Thing here is, would the prices for the X series stuff come down?

Or am I wishfully thinking?

that would be awesome.
Quote by W4RP1G
I see no reason at all to get those guitars over a used Ibanez Prestige. (speaking from an American's standpoint)

yeah that's why i'm very concerned to see where they're made (and also a rough price). If they're around the £500 mark (and i strongly suspect they'll be more) and they were japanese, that'd be awesome. Unfortunately I suspect they'll be £600-£700 and not MIJ.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah that's why i'm very concerned to see where they're made (and also a rough price). If they're around the £500 mark (and i strongly suspect they'll be more) and they were japanese, that'd be awesome. Unfortunately I suspect they'll be £600-£700 and not MIJ.

That's what's putting me off buying one and the other guitars I was looking at, I mean almost £700 for a Chinese guitar? (In the case of the LTD V307) and £600+ for an Indian one?
yeah. i mean i got my USA charvel for £700. New old stock from a shop. EDIT: ditto my ibanez rg3270.

granted, they were good deals. But it does sorta make everything else sound very expensive
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah. i mean i got my USA charvel for £700. New old stock from a shop.

Nice.

Cause there's plenty of options, even used. But Jackson seem to have the cheaper end market and the higher range covered for anything I'd use... Now do a 7 string V and I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
thanks

but yeah the japanese factory closing has really thrown a spanner in the works for good quality, mid-range stuff. Now neither jackson nor charvel have stuff in that bracket.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by Dave_Mc
thanks

but yeah the japanese factory closing has really thrown a spanner in the works for good quality, mid-range stuff. Now neither jackson nor charvel have stuff in that bracket.

What about Ibanez and ESP who use Japanese factories?

I've got no idea what happened, I just heard the factory closed, what was the reason for it? Just demand issues?
i think ibanez and esp use different factories, so (presumably) their MIJ guitars should be still ok. Ibanez uses fujigen, and i think it's still going strong. Not sure who ESP uses.

yeah i think they just shut because they weren't making money. whether the tsunami, or just the economic climate, affected things, I dunno. But it sucks.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by Fisheth24
True, I guess some like pointy guitars?

The shape of the guitar has nothing to do with it. Even their Jacksons that were manufactured in Japan were nowhere near the quality of the Ibanez Prestige line.
Last edited by W4RP1G at Oct 7, 2012,
the neck thrus were pretty good- i thought they were of similar (maybe not just as good, but pretty close) quality to prestiges.

Plus a lot of people say the quality of the prestiges has been going down a lot lately, too (and they don't use gotoh-made trems any more). I dunno, i haven't tried any new ibanezes for ages.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by Dave_Mc
the neck thrus were pretty good- i thought they were of similar (maybe not just as good, but pretty close) quality to prestiges.

Plus a lot of people say the quality of the prestiges has been going down a lot lately, too (and they don't use gotoh-made trems any more). I dunno, i haven't tried any new ibanezes for ages.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the neck-thrus, those were pretty sweet.

I haven't tried the new Ibbies either, but their need to replace the Gotoh trems with the EZ series is alarming. Imo, they should have left the knife edge trems to Gotoh and the ZR trems as an alternative.
Quote by W4RP1G
The shape of the guitar has nothing to do with it. Even their Jacksons that were manufactured in Japan were nowhere near the quality of the Ibanez Prestige line.

To be honest, I've not actually played a Prestige yet.

But surely it's all personal opinion about which guitar suits a player more and if they like a guitar they like a guitar
Quote by W4RP1G
(a) Oh yeah, I forgot about the neck-thrus, those were pretty sweet.

(b) I haven't tried the new Ibbies either, but their need to replace the Gotoh trems with the EZ series is alarming. Imo, they should have left the knife edge trems to Gotoh and the ZR trems as an alternative.

(a) yeah

(b) agreed. or just be done with it and bring back the original edge. that's what i say.

Quote by Fisheth24
To be honest, I've not actually played a Prestige yet.

But surely it's all personal opinion about which guitar suits a player more and if they like a guitar they like a guitar

i'd say it's partly subjective, partly objective. Someone who really dislikes superstrats should still be able to tell a tyler is a killer guitar, for example.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Looks like I'm going to buy a new guitar
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
But I'll only buy one if they are japenese made, I just love japense jacksons (prensently own a 2006 jackson dinky MIJ)
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Can't get past Jackson's headstocks. They just look awful. All they have to do is reverse them, and they'd be perfectly fine. But pointing down like that just looks terrible.

The SLS headstocks are the sex though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Can't get past Jackson's headstocks. They just look awful. All they have to do is reverse them, and they'd be perfectly fine. But pointing down like that just looks terrible.

Quote by Axelfox
Page 1 of 3