Page 2 of 3
Quote by Dave_Mc

yeah i think they just shut because they weren't making money. whether the tsunami, or just the economic climate, affected things, I dunno. But it sucks.

A little something called JPY and USD exchange rate killed the plant. Also the owner of the Chushin Gakki plant got handed a bad deal from FMIC and they lost a ton money.

Anyways I'm hearing rumors of FMIC signing a contract with Fujigen and renewing the contract for Tokai Gakki to manufacture the new models.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

This =

This = Cool.

This = Sex.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Oct 9, 2012,
Honestly, I've never liked Jacksons. This might just change my mind though... these all look FANTASTIC.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by dark Mass
(a) A little something called JPY and USD exchange rate killed the plant. Also the owner of the Chushin Gakki plant got handed a bad deal from FMIC and they lost a ton money.

(b) Anyways I'm hearing rumors of FMIC signing a contract with Fujigen and renewing the contract for Tokai Gakki to manufacture the new models.

(a) yeah the yen is ridiculously strong at the moment (or maybe the pound, US dollar and euro are really weak But either way it's the same effect)- I'm sure that wasn't helping.

that's interesting about the bad deal from FMIC, too, I hadn't heard that before.

(b) that would be cool

Though as you said, the strong yen might make them very expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by Offworld92
Opinions

My opinion is the opposite.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by Dave_Mc
(a) yeah the yen is ridiculously strong at the moment (or maybe the pound, US dollar and euro are really weak But either way it's the same effect)- I'm sure that wasn't helping.

that's interesting about the bad deal from FMIC, too, I hadn't heard that before.

(b) that would be cool

Though as you said, the strong yen might make them very expensive.

FMIC gave the owners of Chushin Gakki a 5% cut of what they made for Jackson/Charvel from 2004-2010 which wasn't much since sales pretty leveled off around 2007.
oh right. yeah that's not going to help, especially if they're already on pretty tight margins.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
As far as I'm aware these are basically Jackson's attempt at Ibanez Premiums - I think they're Indonesian.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V (Duncan Quarter Pounds + Hipshot Kickass)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
ah well that sucks
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

So you think that 7 string's headstock is ugly? It looks awesome!
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Okay.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
It's a shame about the Japan factory. I got a DK2S at the beginning of the year and it's brilliant. My next Jackson will probably be a PC1. Don't know why but i tend to stay away from set neck/neck through guitars with a trem.
Quote by RockGuitarist09
Don't know why but i tend to stay away from set neck/neck through guitars with a trem.

You shouldn't do anything without a reason.
I saw this and this the most excited I've been about guitars in a long time. I'm definitely snagging a King V once I get the cash for sure.
Quote by Offworld92
Can't get past Jackson's headstocks. They just look awful. All they have to do is reverse them, and they'd be perfectly fine. But pointing down like that just looks terrible.

The SLS headstocks are the sex though.

That headstock has been pointed down for years. Some people (Like me) prefer them to be that way. Not everyone want's a reverse headstock. I really like the SLS headstock too, but the pointed down headstock has been the tradition of Jackson for years. So obviously if it looked terrible, then they wouldn't be doing much business now would they?
Quote by LIPCoelho
whats the main difference between the KVMG V and the KVMGQ V ?

Probably the Quilted maple top...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Probably the Quilted maple top...

yeah, i know, i can read also. i wanted to know how does that influence the guitar's sound, quality, durability, etc.
Quote by LIPCoelho
yeah, i know, i can read also. i wanted to know how does that influence the guitar's sound, quality, durability, etc.

Considering its most likely a veneered top, it doesn't.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by LIPCoelho

Yeah, what Hatebreeder said. Just looks.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Considering its most likely a veneered top, it doesn't.

Quote by LP_CL
Yeah, what Hatebreeder said. Just looks.

thanks, i shall pass expending an extra 100 to 200€ just on looks.
Last edited by LIPCoelho at Oct 26, 2012,
Quote by LIPCoelho
thanks, i shall pass expending an extra 100 to 200€ just on looks.

The problem is that a flametop isn't something that you can just put on your guitar whenever you feel like. I personally would spend a bit more for a guitar that looks nicer.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The problem is that a flametop isn't something that you can just put on your guitar whenever you feel like. I personally would spend a bit more for a guitar that looks nicer.

Well technically, you can add a veneer or even a flametop at any time if you know your way around a band saw.

I get your point though, Im just being pedantic
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well technically, you can add a veneer or even a flametop at any time if you know your way around a band saw.

I get your point though, Im just being pedantic

Putting a flametop on your guitar and doing a sunburst finish isn't something you can do (well) without experience and the right tools.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Putting a flametop on your guitar and doing a sunburst finish isn't something you can do (well) without experience and the right tools.

Obviously. Im just saying its possible

You don't need a veneer on a Jackson anyway. Just pinstripe that bad boy and be done.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't need a veneer on a Jackson anyway. Just pinstripe that bad boy and be done.

**** yeah.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
**** yeah.

Just make sure you don't get the cheesy pentagram inlays like on my KB Rhoads
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster

METUL AS FUKK!!
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

obviously, but im not a fan of really fancy colour finishes. its a matter of taste only
The Ultimate 666 axe of the BR00tlz.

Is that the new Alexi Über METAL EBV-666?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
It's Galder's model.

Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It's Galder's model.

Nergal's better looking. IMHO both DimmuBurger's GP have some fugly sign guitars
I shouldve guessed. Is he still playing in Dimmu Borgir?

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It's Galder's model.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Only thing I'd want on that guitar is a seventh string, but it's uber br00tz.

I love it.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It's Galder's model.

what's with the moustache? o_O I mean he just looks silly with it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's with the moustache? o_O I mean he just looks silly with it.

I think he's going for a Burt Reynolds vibe.

But, you know... Dead and stuff.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
ah i see the likeness now
I'm sorely tempted by that snow white V, but I also have huge GAS for a Gibby Explorer and I only need to save for a few more months.

Help guys pls
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by lfcagger
I'm sorely tempted by that snow white V, but I also have huge GAS for a Gibby Explorer and I only need to save for a few more months.

Help guys pls

Play both, see what you like more.
Quote by TheSennaj