Page 1 of 4
I have decided that I want to try, and beat some of the most intensely hard games imaginable. Why? Well I have a school computer, and I find myself with a lot of free time during the school day during some classes...so why not.

Mostly I would like to play older games. Like SNES, and before since my first console was the N64, and I feel like I might have missed out on some of the games previous.

Also I would like them to be actually good games, and not just full of cheap deaths. When I get destroyed by the game I want it to be because I suck, and not because the game sucks.

So far I have:

1. Mega Man X
2. Contra
3. Demon Souls + Dark Souls
4. Super Mario: Lost Levels
5. Super Meat Boy
6. Mortal Kombat
7. Super Ghouls and Ghosts
8. I Wanna Be The Guy
9. Resonance of Fate
10. Give Up BEATEN!
11. Rayman 1
Last edited by toBetheVeryBest at Oct 8, 2012,
Super Meat Boy, Super Ghouls n' Ghosts, Battletoads, Sunset Riders.
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Oct 7, 2012,
mortal kombat trilogy

try beating that without using a boss character, i dare you

Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Super Meat Boy, Super Ghouls n' Ghosts, Battletoads, Sunset Riders.

I forgot about Super Meat Boy, and I remember playing Ghouls n' Ghosts when I was 11, and quitting out of frustration
Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, and 3.

Modern game: Dark Souls.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Question: is that list in your OP a list of games you find difficult? Are you looking for more games like those?
Max Payne on hardest.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by MinterMan22
mortal kombat trilogy

try beating that without using a boss character, i dare you

Quote by toBetheVeryBest
I forgot about Super Meat Boy, and I remember playing Ghouls n' Ghosts when I was 11, and quitting out of frustration

You'll wish you forgot Super Meat Boy. I was so mad sometimes it wasn't even fun but I had to keep going anyway.
I Wanna Be The Guy.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Civ 5 on deity. Oh and the original XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Flying Couch
Question: is that list in your OP a list of games you find difficult? Are you looking for more games like those?

yes
Ditto on both Ninja Gaiden and Dark Souls.

On top of that try Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse on the NES (now downloadable on Wii Virtual Console). One of the best games on the console and difficult to the point of nigh psychotic frustration. Enjoy!

Oh, and Double Dragon III is great if you want to share your misery with a friend.
Quote by toBetheVeryBest
yes

NES emulator, Mega Man 1-6. Might skip the first one - it has some awkwardness that MM2 smooths over considerably.
Ghouls and Ghosts on the NES is rage worthy.

Modern games: Resonance of Fate, there's like 10 difficulty levels
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by toBetheVeryBest

you foolish soul.

even if you do somehow make it past the endurance round (which is almost always some bullshit like baraka and kintaro/goro) and manage to beat motaro which rarely happens, shao kahn will destroy the shit out of you in literally 8 seconds. you will rage so hard.

Pokemon black... or rainbow or pink idk whatever the newest version is... catch all 15000 pokemon they have now.
All you pussies have never played N and N+, have you?

I am disappoint
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I Wanna Be The Guy

Contra

Dark Souls
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by cho0onger
I Wanna Be The Guy.

Added. Looks awesome.

do they just take bosses from NES games and make them WAY bigger?

IWBTG isn't really hard, it's just about memorising alot of the events of the game.

The only truly difficult part are the boss battles, and even then, you just have to memorise their attack pattern.

SMB and N are more skill-based.
Just my thoughts.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Quote by MinterMan22
you foolish soul.

even if you do somehow make it past the endurance round (which is almost always some bullshit like baraka and kintaro/goro) and manage to beat motaro which rarely happens, shao kahn will destroy the shit out of you in literally 8 seconds. you will rage so hard.

Quote by Crazyedd123
IWBTG isn't really hard, it's just about memorising alot of the events of the game.

You can say that about any 'hard' game.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by toBetheVeryBest
To be clear I don't just want modern games with insane difficulty settings.

Resonance of Fate is pretty hard on Easy.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by toBetheVeryBest
To be clear I don't just want modern games with insane difficulty settings.

Action 52.

Just because some of the games are completely unplayable because of the broken controls.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You can say that about any 'hard' game.

Not really.

Maybe you could about N, because you can predict how the enemies in the game will behave.
But SMB requires alot of precision and speed, which IWBTG doesn't really require you to do. IWBTG is more about dying a few times and finding out the arbitrary sequence of events that were killing you.

I just don't think there's that much 'skill' involved in the game in comparisson to some other stuff mentioned here.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Resonance of Fate is pretty hard on Easy.

Like on a scale of "ABC's" to "Just Kill Me Now" how hard is this game.
Quote by cho0onger
I Wanna Be The Guy.

This. A thousand times this.

It's freeware, too, so you absolutely have no excuse in not getting it. There's also the beta of the sequel, I Wanna Be the Guy Gaiden.
Quote by Crazyedd123
Not really.

Maybe you could about N, because you can predict how the enemies in the game will behave.
But SMB requires alot of precision and speed, which IWBTG doesn't really require you to do. IWBTG is more about dying a few times and finding out the arbitrary sequence of events that were killing you.

I just don't think there's that much 'skill' involved in the game in comparisson to some other stuff mentioned here.

With SMB, you can predict when enemies and obstacles will spawn, then act accordingly. So its pretty much exactly the same as IWBTG in how its not hard through trial and error.
Quote by Holy Katana
This. A thousand times this.

It's freeware, too, so you absolutely have no excuse in not getting it. There's also the beta of the sequel, I Wanna Be the Guy Gaiden.

IWBTGG is even harder than IWBTG imo.
Quote by TheSennaj
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 7, 2012,
Page 1 of 4