Page 3 of 4
Shoa khan was retarded spam fireballs like a boss. But in one shot that games is rather annoying.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Super Crate Box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhTEk1VLlI0

JAKEDIT: Here's a much better representation of how crazy this game can get.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PvcvUre1E0
Last edited by Jako215 at Oct 7, 2012,
Quote by losing battle
Shoa khan was retarded spam fireballs like a boss. But in one shot that games is rather annoying.

the only mortal kombat boss who wasn't a complete move spamming asshole was goro.. that guy was a pussy. kintaro is bloody ridiculous though, especially in mortal kombat ii where there's no run feature or fast combos

Quote by Rockford_rocks
**** no. That belongs to Mega Man 2.

Although CV3's music is damn good, as is the entire series'.

Mega Man 2 is the second best, IMHO. Although the Wily stage 1 theme is naturally the best individual NES song ever. I don't think that can be contested.

But as a whole, I just love Castlevania III's soundtrack more. It pushed the limits of the NES's sound chip, and is just crazy to listen to. The VRC6 Japanese version is even better, as I mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdlOdjd1DMo

This has some reverb added, which some people naturally bitched about in the comments, but yeah, this is the shit.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Oct 8, 2012,
Project Zomboid. survive for more than a week.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Crazyedd123
All you pussies have never played N and N+, have you?

I am disappoint

Jumping ninja game?
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Eco the f*cking Dolphin was the hardest game I ever played.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Rayman 1 (the original)

That game is the most sadistically hard platformer i have ever played in my childhood. How the hell could they package it as a game for kids? It makes the original Megaman games look easy, i ****ing shit you not. That game made me want to stab a puppy.

It is a great game though. Nice graphics, very nice music, creative level designs and tight controls, but its designed to be as frustrating as possible.
Quote by Krieger91

Granted, Ecco was pretty challenging.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by Krieger91

That game was also bollocks though... >.>
Quote by toBetheVeryBest
I have decided that I want to try, and beat some of the most intensely hard games imaginable. Why? Well I have a school computer, and I find myself with a lot of free time during the school day during some classes...so why not.

Mostly I would like to play older games. Like SNES, and before since my first console was the N64, and I feel like I might have missed out on some of the games previous.

Also I would like them to be actually good games, and not just full of cheap deaths. When I get destroyed by the game I want it to be because I suck, and not because the game sucks.

So far I have:

1. Mega Man X
2. Contra
3. Demon Souls + Dark Souls
4. Super Mario: Lost Levels
5. Super Meat Boy
6. Mortal Kombat
7. Super Ghouls and Ghosts
8. I Wanna Be The Guy
9. Resonance of Fate
10. Give Up BEATEN!

Resonance of Fate is not a particularly difficult game
Quote by Weaponized
Monster Hunter! Probably my favorite video game series.

It's definitely one of the hardest (and funnest) games I've played.

I second this gentleman.
MH freedom unite will eat you for breakfest.
I have to give up Give Up. I can't remember what level I got to, but there were, like, 3 lasers and cannons and it was bullshit. I died well over 100 times.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I second the guy that mentioned Rayman. Ridiculously hard game to beat.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by Holy Katana
Mega Man 2 is the second best, IMHO. Although the Wily stage 1 theme is naturally the best individual NES song ever. I don't think that can be contested.

Really? I love that song, but I think there are better in the game. Quick Man's stage had a sick groove (as did Heat Man's), Flash Man's stage was straight up rockin', Bubble Man and Air Man's stages had two of the most memorable hooks in 8-bit sound, and we can't forget my absolute favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvN5bs7MX6A

But for those who have missed out on the Dr. Wily Stage 1 theme, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0MLscghcN4
Quote by stratman_13
This. The first Mega Man games were absolutely cruel.

Quote by Rockford_rocks
This.

Mega Man X is hard, but it's not nearly as hard as the NES series. MM2 is my favorite, but honestly I don't find it as challenging as 3 or 4.

Mega Man 3. The revisit of Spark Man's stage before Wily Fortress. Some of those jumps on the rising canisters, with the little bolt guys spawning around you. Absolute insanity. Some of the hardest stretches in the entire franchise are in the stage revisits of MM3.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Really? I love that song, but I think there are better in the game. Quick Man's stage had a sick groove (as did Heat Man's), Flash Man's stage was straight up rockin', Bubble Man and Air Man's stages had two of the most memorable hooks in 8-bit sound, and we can't forget my absolute favorite:

But for those who have missed out on the Dr. Wily Stage 1 theme, check this out:
I love MM2, but soundtrack-wise, I think MM3 has it beat. There are no good videos, but it's got the title screen, Proto Man's theme, Shadowman's stage, and Wily Stage 1/2 and Wily Stage 3 are pretty boss.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Rayman 1 (the original)

That game is the most sadistically hard platformer i have ever played in my childhood. How the hell could they package it as a game for kids? It makes the original Megaman games look easy, i ****ing shit you not. That game made me want to stab a puppy.

It is a great game though. Nice graphics, very nice music, creative level designs and tight controls, but its designed to be as frustrating as possible.

Granted, Ecco was pretty challenging.

I will add it. Sounds like what I am looking for.

BTW is anyone going to attempt the list as well?
The silent hill games on the hardest difficulty.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
you could also do what my dad does for almost every video game he plays:

Self-Imposed Hard Mode.

pick any game where you level up/distribute stats/purchase upgrades, then don't ever upgrade anything.

he played through all of Arkham Asylum and City w/o upgrading almost anything.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
How has no one said the Original Metroid for NES? Even with a map and walkthrough, that game was still damn hard.

Also, Megaman 9 and 10 are both stupidly hard. Harder than the first 6 games IMO.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
How has nobody mentioned Battle Toads?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by MinterMan22
mortal kombat trilogy

try beating that without using a boss character, i dare you

I could only beat that stupid game with Sub-Zero. Freeze + combo + repeat = win.
Quote by Blackholesun00
I could only beat that stupid game with Sub-Zero. Freeze + combo + repeat = win.

If you use Liu Kang, there's a pretty easy way to win too.. Assuming you can make it to Shao Kahn using Liu Kang.. Just low fireball his ass and he's gonna keep shooting green blasts at you but they'll go right over your head as your fireball connects with him. Do it over and over again and bam you win.

Also, your Sub-Zero method also works with Noob and Rain only using their disabling moves. But apart from those 4 dudes, you're pretty much ****ed.

Was Rayman 1 really that hard? I remember beating it as a kid without too much problem.. although I had the GBA version.

Quote by Flying Couch
Mega Man 3. The revisit of Spark Man's stage before Wily Fortress. Some of those jumps on the rising canisters, with the little bolt guys spawning around you. Absolute insanity. Some of the hardest stretches in the entire franchise are in the stage revisits of MM3.

I love MM2, but soundtrack-wise, I think MM3 has it beat. There are no good videos, but it's got the title screen, Proto Man's theme, Shadowman's stage, and Wily Stage 1/2 and Wily Stage 3 are pretty boss.

OH MY GOD YES. On even the first run of Spark Man's stage that section is one of the most unfair in the game. There's one section where you actually have to get hit by one of the bolt things, use your invincibility frames to avoid being killed by the spiked ceiling, then make a pinpoint jump down to a ledge. It's infuriatingly hard.

And don't get me started on the Wood Man robot on Shadow Man's second stage. So powerful, and it's so hard to avoid taking hits before you get to him. You always end up facing him with half health, which means two hits from him or his shield kills you (and it's almost impossible to not get hit by something), three hits from the falling leaves. Plus, the game isn't courteous enough to respawn you in the boss room... it respawns you at the start of the level.

And no soundtrack on the NES will ever be as good as MM2 in my eyes. Those tunes are just classic. MM3 had some great ones as well, but they're not as memorable to me.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Oct 9, 2012,
I don't know if anyone's already mentioned, but at the time I couldn't possibly imagine playing San Andreas without the cheat codes.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Krieger91
I don't know if anyone's already mentioned, but at the time I couldn't possibly imagine playing San Andreas without the cheat codes.

I managed GTA SA without any cheats but GTA3's last level is pretty much impossible without either the bulletproof patriot or cheats.
How has nobody mentioned Battle Toads?
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Super Meat Boy, Super Ghouls n' Ghosts, Battletoads, Sunset Riders.

Someone did in the second post
The dating game..

You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Just completed Give up. Didn't take very long but I died 495 times.

OSCILLATE WILDLY!
Last edited by Smeghead64 at Oct 9, 2012,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Ghouls and Ghosts on the NES is rage worthy.

I second this. That game gave me cancer.
Quote by the bartender
The dating game..

Never have quite cracked this either...

Even on easy..