Page 2 of 7
Quote by WCPhils
I don't get the hate. Most world records are pointless. They can still be kind of neat though.

exactly!
Quote by theogonia777
It's like if I set the record for the largest painting ever, but the entire canvas is colored the same shade of blue. What's the point? No matter how big it is, it's just all blue. Wouldn't it be more fun and worthwhile to paint a nice picture instead?

but i did a song(picture) not one note(one color)
Quote by FearMyLightning
I like the skill in this. It takes alot of talent to properly photoshop a video of you sped up into a video where there's a clock and a guy leaning sorta at normal speed.

yet its real check the clock and see my hand goes in front of it some times
Quote by SuperShredderDa

The wonders of video editing
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by SuperShredderDa

Oh yeah I heard that was a new beta feature in photoshop deluxe.
Your giving oct 2012 ers a bad name!
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Prove that it is actually you.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by SuperShredderDa
wat

*What?

Maybe if you spent more time in school and less time trying to be fast, you'd learn how to communicate properly and even understand that post.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
*What?

Maybe if you spent more time in school and less time trying to be fast, you'd learn how to communicate properly and even understand that post.

I thought that was one of those meme things like tldr and retest
Change the description of the video to include "SuperShredderDa" somewhere in it.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by SuperShredderDa
um not sure how. non crazy ideas?

Give me your home address and i will go to your house and look at your face.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by SuperShredderDa
but i did a song(picture) not one note(one color)

The key word in her analogy was "Paint". You played a well known piece of music at speeds that sound exactly like a can of angry bees.

Is there any way to write music at speeds above 300 BPM that sound good? If there already are pieces then I'd love to hear them.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
The key word in her analogy was "Paint". You played a well known piece of music at speeds that sound exactly like a can of angry bees.

Is there any way to write music at speeds above 300 BPM that sound good? If there already are pieces then I'd love to hear them.

i doubt it...
I don't wanna be a dick about this, I really don't... BUT...

1) You can hear more of the MIDI track than your guitar, making it quite hard to make out how accurate you played.

2) This isn't an official Guinness World Record, you got the record from 'record holders republic' or something like that, which I've never heard of (maybe it's an American thing?) which seems a bit dubious. There was also no record-official/adjudicator present in the room, instead you relied on 'witness accounts' of people who most likely knew very little about music, and were naiive to the whole thing, so could easily believe it was 100% accurate when it may not have been. I don't believe Guinness World Records would certify a record without an official there to set up a more fool-proof judging system.

3) You have no real measure of the accuracy there - without someone slowing down the recording to count the individual notes, how are we to know our ears weren't deceived by the blur of notes, and you were actually playing in roughly the right places, but playing notes as randomly as your fingers managed to flail?

4) There's also no proof it's you. Maybe post a picture of you holding a piece of paper with 'UG FTW!' written on it - surely your appearance can't have changed too drastically in one month?

Quote by Morphogenesis26

Yep, have the shortest notes of the piece as semi-breeves
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by theogonia777
It's like if I set the record for the largest painting ever, but the entire canvas is colored the same shade of blue. What's the point? No matter how big it is, it's just all blue. Wouldn't it be more fun and worthwhile to paint a nice picture instead?

No, it's like if someone set the record for painting the Mona Lisa the fastest. He played a song. Who cares if it didn't sound good in the end, he played an actual song faster than anyone else in the world. And I'm going to take a wild guess and say that there are other people that want that title out there.
Quote by anvil is god
Go on a trombone forum. They aren't dicks

They are quite the boners though.
If I had a penny for every time somebody said "Tigers are the couches of the ocean," I'd have zero cents.
Quote by theogonia777
Quote by FearMyLightning
I like the skill in this. It takes alot of talent to properly photoshop a video of you sped up into a video where there's a clock and a guy leaning sorta at normal speed.

No it doesn't.

Pretty sure it takes a little bit of skill to open a video in photoshop. Maybe even a little magic.

but ITT: People mad jealous of OP.

Gj OP. Not my thing but I can recognise the sickly amount of skill in that.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
I don't wanna be a dick about this, I really don't... BUT...

1) You can hear more of the MIDI track than your guitar, making it quite hard to make out how accurate you played.

2) This isn't an official Guinness World Record, you got the record from 'record holders republic' or something like that, which I've never heard of (maybe it's an American thing?) which seems a bit dubious. There was also no record-official/adjudicator present in the room, instead you relied on 'witness accounts' of people who most likely knew very little about music, and were naiive to the whole thing, so could easily believe it was 100% accurate when it may not have been. I don't believe Guinness World Records would certify a record without an official there to set up a more fool-proof judging system.

3) You have no real measure of the accuracy there - without someone slowing down the recording to count the individual notes, how are we to know our ears weren't deceived by the blur of notes, and you were actually playing in roughly the right places, but playing notes as randomly as your fingers managed to flail?

4) There's also no proof it's you. Maybe post a picture of you holding a piece of paper with 'UG FTW!' written on it - surely your appearance can't have changed too drastically in one month?

Yep, have the shortest notes of the piece as semi-breeves

1. midi is a requirement so they can know your right on par with the speed

2.guinness dosnt host this record anymore after a lot of name calling and spit throwing at previous record holders they washed their hands of it. rhr is the best choice

3.again midi, video, audio, forms , all that is required and i provided it.

4. how do you post pics here
Quote by devourke
Pretty sure it takes a little bit of skill to open a video in photoshop. Maybe even a little magic.

but ITT: People mad jealous of OP.

Gj OP. Not my thing but I can recognise the sickly amount of skill in that.

thanks bro
Quote by SuperShredderDa

1. Go to this site: http://imgur.com

2. Upload your pic to their site

3. Right click on your picture once it's uploaded.

4. Click 'Copy image URL' or 'Copy image address'. This may be different depending on your browser.

5. Post your image in between image tags like so;

(Invalid img)

And your image should show up. If it doesn't work I'll fix it for you
Quote by SuperShredderDa
1. midi is a requirement so they can know your right on par with the speed

2.guinness dosnt host this record anymore after a lot of name calling and spit throwing at previous record holders they washed their hands of it. rhr is the best choice

3.again midi, video, audio, forms , all that is required and i provided it.

1) MIDI could still be quieter, or if they need it for record, maybe have it lower in performance volume, and provide the audio file synced up to the MIDI track at a higher volume, as a separate track sent to them? Fair enough though, I guess.

2) Not gonna argue there; not something I've ever bothered to look up really

3) Not really disputing you hold the record you showed there, just pointing out flaws in the judging system as it isn't quite as accurate as I'd want if people were claiming to be playing that fast.

4) Either 'attach image' in the 'Go Advanced' post options, or the better way all the cool kids use is to upload the image to image-shack or photobucket and then link to the image with appropriate tags (img in square brackets and then /img in square brackets to close the command).

Also, I'm not gonna say you aren't playing that fast - just that we can't be sure of the accuracy, from that video.
Hi everybody!

My name is Zakk Wylde! I found this video to be very metal man, keep on rockin' in the free world \m/

because of forbidden link go to imgur then .com/JVHYL
Last edited by SuperShredderDa at Oct 7, 2012,
Could it be... they've removed the ability for users of a recent join date to post images, thus solving one of the adbot problems?
Quote by SuperShredderDa
because of forbidden link go to imgur then .com/JVHYL

Are 2012ers not allowed to post images?

edit: flipped for convenience

Last edited by devourke at Oct 7, 2012,
Quote by DisarmGoliath
1) MIDI could still be quieter, or if they need it for record, maybe have it lower in performance volume, and provide the audio file synced up to the MIDI track at a higher volume, as a separate track sent to them? Fair enough though, I guess.

2) Not gonna argue there; not something I've ever bothered to look up really

3) Not really disputing you hold the record you showed there, just pointing out flaws in the judging system as it isn't quite as accurate as I'd want if people were claiming to be playing that fast.

4) Either 'attach image' in the 'Go Advanced' post options, or the better way all the cool kids use is to upload the image to image-shack or photobucket and then link to the image with appropriate tags (img in square brackets and then /img in square brackets to close the command).

Also, I'm not gonna say you aren't playing that fast - just that we can't be sure of the accuracy, from that video.

Sounds to me like you should contact RHR and express your concerns to them and leave this guy alone.