Page 2 of 3
Quote by guitarmunkee
Single-camera situation comedies, every comedy that comes out has to have this 'look'. Just look at all the new comedies on NBC and ABC.

um, wat?

Have you seen the shit that CBS throws out there. At least NBC has Parks and Rec, Community, and did have the Office when it was still good.

That being said, I know The Office is ending this year, but it's about 2 year to late.

They should also destroy all evidence of Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory ever existing.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I hate that nearly every big comedy is just awful sex jokes now.

this x infinity
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by The Madcap
South Park. Too many parodies and plots involving the FBI and CIA. A lot of episodes will start with a good plot, then the government, aliens, etc. will get involved.

The last episode was one of the best.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I hate that nearly every big comedy is just awful sex jokes now. Like this shit, it's a shame because it's got an amazing cast.

That actually looks like it could be great. Trailors are always filled with the awful sex jokes because they're immediately "funny" without context.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I hate that nearly every big comedy is just awful sex jokes now. Like this shit, it's a shame because it's got an amazing cast.

Not a big fan of it either, usually turns out bad.

I love Stephen Merchant and Emma Stone though, so I'm probably going to watch it anyway.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by Neo Evil11
The last episode was one of the best.

Agreed. Just when you think South Park has lots its touch, they pick it up again. I thought this season has been the first bad one, but hopefully the rest of it is gonna get better. So far so good.
Family Guy and Tosh.0 has had its episodes, but for the most they havn't been too funny lately.
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Agreed. Just when you think South Park has lots its touch, they pick it up again. I thought this season has been the first bad one, but hopefully the rest of it is gonna get better. So far so good.

I thought Cartman finds love, was also a decent episode. But Raising the Bar is one of their best ones. A major important problem, coupled with a lot of extra celebrity stuff.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Harvey Swick
Seth MacFarlane by far.

i couldnt stand to watch "Ted" it was just one big Family Guy episode

This so fucking much!

MacFarlane just needs to stop sucking his own dick.
Quote by Mudmen190
Jon Lajoie. Funny for maybe 8 seconds.

I don't understand his popularity. "High as ****" was funny as shit, but every other thing he's ever done sucks.
Quote by Carnivean
I could watch Seinfeld and Frasier in cyclical binges for the rest of my life.

I just picture you as the whitest guy in the world No offense
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf at Oct 8, 2012,
Anything that makes use of awkward humor. The Office is the first that comes to mind.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by WCPhils
Have you seen the shit that CBS throws out there. At least NBC has Parks and Rec, Community, and did have the Office when it was still good.

That being said, I know The Office is ending this year, but it's about 2 year to late.

The last episode of The Office gave me hope.
Quote by Antis0cial
You grew up in Germany, you have no say over comedy. Ever.

it's true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KENZD6IjDYI
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by The Madcap
- A lot of stuff from Reddit (Rage Comics, Advice Animals, etc.). I liked Advice Animals like this but now it's like they had to make one very every single type of emotion ever. I liked Rage comics at first, but they all follow the exact same formula which got incredibly redundant. That type of internet humor was funny when it was being made by social outcasts who could make fun of themselves. Now it's being made by "normal people."

South Park. Too many parodies and plots involving the FBI and CIA. A lot of episodes will start with a good plot, then the government, aliens, etc. will get involved.

Both of these. Especially together. All the South Park memes that take no imagination whatsoever are the worst things of all time.

IF SOMETHING NOT QUITE IDEAL HAPPENS, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BAD TIME

IF YOU'RE A TERRIBLE POET,YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A BAD RHYME

SOMETHING I LIKE JUST HAPPENED, AAAAAAAAAND IT'S GONE

ETC ETC UPVOTES TO THE LEFT
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Antis0cial
You grew up in Germany, you have no say over comedy. Ever.

And I agree on The Big Bang Theory, they really are just dragging it out now.

trolled softly.

you missed the little white "lol nope" on the side >_>
Quote by Neo Evil11
I thought Cartman finds love, was also a decent episode. But Raising the Bar is one of their best ones. A major important problem, coupled with a lot of extra celebrity stuff.

The James Cameron song was amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVbll3mM9I4
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Last edited by Horsedick.MPEG at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by Kensai
Clips like Gangnam style aren't that funny. It's some quirky guy, quirky music, quirky video... that gets really old after a while.

This. So much this.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by due 07
The last episode of The Office gave me hope.

Yea, this season has been pretty decent. Hopefully it keeps up. I still think it should have ended at Jim and Pam's wedding though.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Anything Seth Macfarlane was hilarious at first, but got very old. I knew Ted was going to be one long Family Guy episode, so I avoided it completely. Although, for some reason, I do still enjoy American Dad.

South Park lost it's touch a while ago, but I hear they're back on track now, though I don't have cable and haven't been watching the new season. It's probably because Matt and Trey were putting so much work into other projects before, now they can focus back on SP.

The jokes that really annoy me now are the dead baby/baby dumpster jokes. They were kind of funny in a shock value kind of way the first 2 times I heard them, but they just got OLD OLD OLD quickly after that. The type of people who think they are funny are usually people I don't want to hang out with anyway.

Jon Lajoie was funny with his first couple videos, but the same shtick got old.

I haven't watched the latest seasons of Tosh.0, but the first 2 I saw and his stand up were ****ing hilarious.

The Office was great at first, but it lost its charm way before Micheal left, then it just went in the toilet.

The Hangover 2 was facepalmingly stupid and unimaginative as far as the plot went, but I'll be damned if it didn't make me laugh.

My go-to comedy right now is Hey Arnold, my gf and I have been watching it on Netflix every night. Ah, sweet nostalgia...
Last edited by ExDementia at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by ExDementia

I haven't watched the latest seasons of Tosh.0, but the first 2 I saw and his stand up were ****ing hilarious.

Basically. His stand-ups are amazing.

Like you said, the first two seasons of Tosh were very good, especially the first season, but now it's the same thing every week.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils

They should also destroy all evidence of Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory ever existing.

bro, this is the truest thing i've ever read on this website

To my shame, I thoroughly enjoyed The Big Bang Theory once upon a time

That phase didn't last very long
TBBT is one of those shows where I totally understand why people don't like it, and it can be corny a lot, but amidst the rubble it has given me some laughs.

Penny: I get it! Leonard has no business being involved with a waitress-slash-actress who felt so insecure that she lied to him about finishing community college.

Sheldon Cooper: Why would you lie about that?

Penny: Well, he was going on and on about this college and that grad school - and I didn't want him to think I was some kind of stupid loser.

Sheldon Cooper: You thought the opposite of stupid loser was community-college graduate?

Penny: You know, there are a lot of successful people who graduated from community college.

Sheldon Cooper: Yet you are neither.
Quote by The Madcap

Penny: I get it! Leonard has no business being involved with a waitress-slash-actress who felt so insecure that she lied to him about finishing community college.

Sheldon Cooper: Why would you lie about that?

Penny: Well, he was going on and on about this college and that grad school - and I didn't want him to think I was some kind of stupid loser.

Sheldon Cooper: You thought the opposite of stupid loser was community-college graduate?

Penny: You know, there are a lot of successful people who graduated from community college.

Sheldon Cooper: Yet you are neither.

But that exchange there...it's not even clever.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
But that exchange there...it's not even clever.

I agree, that joke was awful.

Quote by soundgarden1986
The guy who plays Sheldon has the most punchable face in the universe

I God damn agree with this as well.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by soundgarden1986

i'm not violent at all but i wouldn't hesitate for a second to sock him

Quote by soundgarden1986

Wrong.

This kid first:

Then Sheldon
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by The Madcap
- Stephen Colbert. I liked his show for like the first month it started airing (when I was 15), but you can only watch that humor and character for so long. Plus there's something about it that just comes off very narcissistic.

that's the joke.

anyway,

-South Park has just gotten to a point where it seems like they try to be as outrageous as possible and preachy at the same time.

-anything Seth McFarlane has been completely overplayed for me and newer episodes are stale and full of shit that's been rehashed for the 10th time.

-i love Mitch Hedberg, but the internet has slightly ruined some of his jokes for me. i don't need to see the only 5 jokes of his that you know of his in memes and shit over and over.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
That's the problem with writing comedy, it's got to be original everytime or it gets boring. Drama can fall back on old standards but unless it's a good running joke then you need to be writing fresh material. That's why the best comedys don't last very long or they have very short seasons, when a comedy series gets bloated it gets repeated and tired and predictable. Or in the case of family guy is just strings of references barely tied to a plot.
South Park, Simpsons and Family Guy have all turned into the same 'Mock whatever's in the public consciousnes this week' or a parody. Or get a celebrity guest star and write an episode around them (not south park but you know what I mean).
Also a lot of 'ironic' comedy.
OUT OF ORDER
I still find Two and a Half Men funny. It's the only show with a laugh track that I can find funny.

Now Modern Family's where it's at.
Quote by loose bowels
Also a lot of 'ironic' comedy.

Ironic comedy is always hilarious.

Although, I do find the older Simpsons to have more funny pop culture references. Nowadays, Futurama does a much better job of being funny, on the whole, than the Simpsons. But it's also not as old as the Simpsons.
I like Jon Lajoie for his role on The League (one of my favorite shows on TV right now), but his internet videos get old fast. With a couple exceptions (Bo Burnham and Tim Minchin come to mind), musical comedy as a whole is really played out in my opinion.

I still enjoy American Dad, all the other Seth McFarlane shows aren't very enjoyable to me though.

Oh, and HIMYM is ridiculously played out. The first few seasons were a pretty decent albeit generic comedy, but it's been ridiculously dragged out.
Quote by iro-bot31
I like Jon Lajoie for his role on The League (one of my favorite shows on TV right now), but his internet videos get old fast. With a couple exceptions (Bo Burnham and Tim Minchin come to mind), musical comedy as a whole is really played out in my opinion.

Yea, he's hysterical on that show. I didn't even know he did other videos.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by iro-bot31

Oh, and HIMYM is ridiculously played out. The first few seasons were a pretty decent albeit generic comedy, but it's been ridiculously dragged out.

I know, it's almost as bad as Breaking Bad.
I still like South Park

Family Guy got a little played out to me though.

A lot of internet memes get played out.

I never really got into stuff like Tosh.o or Ray William Johnson. Both are mildly entertaining, and get a chuckle every now and then, but never laugh-out-loud funny.
Last edited by MrDo0m at Oct 8, 2012,