Page 2 of 2
Quote by ThrashUnleashed
composers like Stravinsky barely used any melody at all

i'm gonna second the "what"

you've made so many assumptions in nine words it's dizzying
He said Stravinsky. Thats a big word. So hes right.

/Thread
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
What?

He's right. Stravinsky also made all his own instruments, never developed themes, and use to ride a bicycle while conducting the orchestra. It's all there in the score of "Le Sacre du Printemps" (The Sacred Temporary Print-Workers).
Quote by Hail
oh shut up with that /mu/ bullshit. fidget house shouldn't even be a genre, why in the world would it deserve its own subgenres you twat
Unless I'm mistaken, Stravinsky wrote the Rite of Spring on a bet that he couldn't make music sound good without melody.
If I'm wrong, with me good luck, I'm failing my music history class.

EDIT: I see how I misworded my original post.
I should have said Stravinsky wrote quite a bit of music without melody.
That came out as a comment on his entire works, I apologize.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
when I die of a brain aneurysm I want it on record that its the film threads fault

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Movies are all bad every last one of them

Quote by yope
Fungus has a right to exist. It's a valid life form.
Last edited by ThrashUnleashed at Oct 11, 2012,
Quote by ThrashUnleashed
Unless I'm mistaken, Stravinsky wrote the Rite of Spring on a bet that he couldn't make music sound good without melody.
If I'm wrong, with me good luck, I'm failing my music history class.

"Stravinsky gave contradictory accounts of the genesis of The Rite."

To be honest that sounds more like a misrepresentation of Schoenberg's music, but what the hey.
Quote by Hail
oh shut up with that /mu/ bullshit. fidget house shouldn't even be a genre, why in the world would it deserve its own subgenres you twat
Page 2 of 2