Page 2 of 3
Quote by StewieSwan
Not cigarettes, but I've bought alcohol for minors before. I don't think it's a big deal since the 21 drinking age is ****ing stupid anyway.

This.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Only alcohol, but it was a funny few days.

Literally a few gallons of cheap cider somewhere in Ireland.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I've been buying it for myself since I was 15 (in my country you can get anything if you atleast look 15... The tobacco and booze age restriction is 18, though)
Quote by jimejames
Shit man. When I was 17-18 that would have been considered a pretty dick move. Unless your nearest bottle shop is like 100k away or something.

Well, every time I did it there was a huge list ($100+) and it was for a group of people, so if 10 people each give $2-$3 it seems fair to me.
Quote by Burgery
das

this is for cigarettes, we got moonshine dealers here if we want alcohol. yay for prohibition
Iceland has prohibition?

And here I thought your country was cool...
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Iceland has prohibition?

And here I thought your country was cool...

alcohol is legal to buy if you're over 21
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Not really, since most of my friends are my age or older. I do for my sister sometimes though.

Never cigarettes though, there's so many places that don't ID theres really no need to ask someone else.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Last edited by thefuzz454 at Oct 8, 2012,
Done it before, would again if I knew the person. I'm not gonna go out of my way to do it for somebody I don't know though.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by Burgery
alcohol is legal to buy if you're over 21

Oh, well...that's the same as here in the US.

But really, shit's stupid. If you're an adult at 18, why the hell can't you buy alcohol?!
Quote by FearMyLightning
Def. wat the ****. It's $10 max I'll pay someone. However if I were buying anything for kids and they were like 15 or something it'd probably be $30 if I did it at all. And I'd make the whole process a huge PITA just for shits & gigs.

With me it was something you did for your bros, just because they were your bros and bros hook each other up. Then they'd give you a couple of beers or maybe roll a spliff for you as a thank you. Doing it as a mercantile thing just seems kinda off, and fairly antisocial. If you're 18 or older you probably shouldn't be partying with 15 year olds anyway. That's kinda weird. But I guess different people from different places do things differently - the world's a rich tapestry and all that crap
Quote by jimejames
With me it was something you did for your bros, just because they were your bros and bros hook each other up. Then they'd give you a couple of beers or maybe roll a spliff for you as a thank you. Doing it as a mercantile thing just seems kinda off, and fairly antisocial. If you're 18 or older you probably shouldn't be partying with 15 year olds anyway. That's kinda weird. But I guess different people from different places do things differently - the world's a rich tapestry and all that crap

bro
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I always used to buy for my younger brother. He was surprisingly responsible with drinking in high school so I didn't mind.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
But really, shit's stupid. If you're an adult at 18, why the hell can't you buy alcohol?!

Because alot of 18 year olds have proven themselves to be dumb asses when they drink. Drunk driving and all....

It is a bitch though....
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Bought cigarettes for a few 15/16 year olds, but wouldn't go back in to buy them a lighter.

If they'd asked me to get one when I went in I probably would have, but they need to learn to think of the details when asking for favours.

I like to think I gave them a useful lesson in life.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
If the minor was me, then yes, I've bough alcohol while underage.
It was really a contact buying me supplies and later paying them back.
It's pretty standard when you're in college that upperclassmen buy alcohol for minors, then when you turn 21 you return the favor for younger students (or else you're a dick).
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Bought cigarettes for a few 15/16 year olds, but wouldn't go back in to buy them a lighter.

If they'd asked me to get one when I went in I probably would have, but they need to learn to think of the details when asking for favours.

I like to think I gave them a useful lesson in life.

was there some sort of restricton on lighters?
I bought cigarettes for a minor once cos I wanted to bang her.

The plan didn't work.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Eastwinn

I know up here you can't buy a lighter until you can buy cigarettes and liquor (19)
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I have done and will buy alcohol again for minors. With cigarettes it's on a case by case basis. If they appear to be foul mouthed and look as if they are going down a path where they will conntribute nothing to society apart from reproducing more ugly, uneducated pieces of shit then i will buy them for them as a gesture of goodwill to my fellow man. If they seem like decent kids who are trying to be rebellious or look cool then i tell them no.
Ive bought loads of drink for myself and my mates when we were underage because I was the oldest looking and I used to have to buy cigarettes for one of them aswell, I havent bought anything for minors since we all turned 18 though.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You're nice. I used to charge people 20 bucks for smokes and they were natives.

People would've laugh in my face if I did that, natives over here are 15$ a cart and they're everywhere. Those people wanted quality cigarettes. How in hell did you manage to sell 20$ packs of native, my guess is that your customers were really desperate.
Quote by Winterson
People would've laugh in my face if I did that, natives over here are 15$ a cart and they're everywhere. Those people wanted quality cigarettes. How in hell did you manage to sell 20$ packs of native, my guess is that your customers were really desperate.

I mostly sold them to grade 9s who didn't know you could go over to Quebec and get smokes even if you looked 5. Nobody else is stupid/desperate enough to buy natives.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I know up here you can't buy a lighter until you can buy cigarettes and liquor (19)

this is not the case here and this law does not amuse me
Quote by Burningritual
I have done and will buy alcohol again for minors. With cigarettes it's on a case by case basis. If they appear to be foul mouthed and look as if they are going down a path where they will conntribute nothing to society apart from reproducing more ugly, uneducated pieces of shit then i will buy them for them as a gesture of goodwill to my fellow man. If they seem like decent kids who are trying to be rebellious or look cool then i tell them no.

lol
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by Eastwinn

honestly couldn't tell you.

I know some shops won't sell to kids because they know they're little shits who'll probably use it to start fires, but I couldn't tell you whether there's any legal restriction on them.

Either way, I wasn't going back into the shop.

EDIT: a quick google tells me that lighters, papers etc are illegal to sell to under 18s

Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Oct 8, 2012,
In Canada lighters are considered a tobacco product, and you must be over 18 to buy them. However, your average gas station clerk doesn't give a shit and will sell them anyway.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
In Canada lighters are considered a tobacco product, and you must be over 18 to buy them. However, your average gas station clerk doesn't give a shit and will sell them anyway.

This. Although, oddly enough I've been sold rolling papers in places that wouldn't sell me smokes/lighters

LCBO will sell to you too if the manager isn't on the floor
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Yes.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
I bought a cigar for my younger cousin once. :l
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
This. Although, oddly enough I've been sold rolling papers in places that wouldn't sell me smokes/lighters

LCBO will sell to you too if the manager isn't on the floor

You're shitting me. Last time I was in a LCBO, mt friends couldn't decide what to buy. The staff got suspicious and asked to see all of our IDs. None of use are underage except for this one girl and I told her to leave as we entered.
I don't think so. I've definitely bought for 18 year olds when I was 17 though
Quote by Extra Ordinary
You're shitting me. Last time I was in a LCBO, mt friends couldn't decide what to buy. The staff got suspicious and asked to see all of our IDs. None of use are underage except for this one girl and I told her to leave as we entered.

I'm not even shitting you. I had one employee straight up ask me for weed once
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by purplexing
Of course, and I charged them extra like a true capitalist

--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by adamgur96
Because alot of 18 year olds have proven themselves to be dumb asses when they drink. Drunk driving and all....

It is a bitch though....

And most 18 year olds have proven they're fucktards and shouldn't vote. However, we let them vote anyway. It's all about politics to me, and that's bullshit.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
And most 18 year olds have proven they're fucktards and shouldn't vote. However, we let them vote anyway. It's all about politics to me, and that's bullshit.

You're old enough to vote and die for your country but BY THE WAY.

You can't drink. Smoke either.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You're old enough to vote and die for your country but BY THE WAY.

You can't drink. Smoke either.

In the US, you can do the following at 18: smoke, get married (without needing parental consent), die for your country in the military, and vote.

But, for some damn reason, you can't drink. Wtf, politicians?!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
In the US, you can do the following at 18: smoke, get married (without needing parental consent), die for your country in the military, and vote.

But, for some damn reason, you can't drink. Wtf, politicians?!

Yeah man, shit is messed up.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Lemoninfluence
honestly couldn't tell you.

I know some shops won't sell to kids because they know they're little shits who'll probably use it to start fires, but I couldn't tell you whether there's any legal restriction on them.

Either way, I wasn't going back into the shop.

EDIT: a quick google tells me that lighters, papers etc are illegal to sell to under 18s

Oh, that's different than America for sure. I buy lighters all of the time (i use them to start fires) and I never get carded despite looking like a 12 year old. I don't know about papers though.