Page 3 of 6
Quote by MakinLattes
What determines what a crime is?

Ethical reasoning, not wot der peepul fink.

If the latter were true, pediatricians would be lynched en masse by every sun reader in the country.
Quote by Hydra150
Anybody that throws around the term "white knight" disdainfully is a cunt. That means you're a cunt.

Just dont tell the police that I called you that

White knights aren't good, and the term white knight is supposed to be used disdainfully.
Quote by BDR_23

White knights aren't good, and the term white knight is supposed to be used disdainfully.

Sorry man I can't really make out what you're trying to say over the sound of how big a cunt you are.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by TooktheAtrain

If the latter were true, pediatricians would be lynched en masse by every sun reader in the country.

I wasn't asking because I didn't know. I think you missed the point I was driving at, which is fine because it wasn't directed at you.
Quote by Hydra150
Sorry man I can't really make out what you're trying to say over the sound of how big a cunt you are.

"lalalalalala i cant hear you!"
Quote by Hydra150
The courts, he's saying that they will pass judgements based on public opinion so long as them lawmakers are democratically elected.

Um...as a US citizen who has read and understands our Constitution, I can tell you that's not how the US courts are supposed to work. (In point of fact, any judge in the US who makes a ruling based on public opinion would've been forced to resign, in the old days.) I'm sure GB's court are not supposed to work that way either.

Quote by MakinLattes
What determines what a crime is?

In the US and the UK, laws passed by elected representatives determine what a crime is. Am I close to the mark?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by MakinLattes
I wasn't asking because I didn't know. I think you missed the point I was driving at, which is fine because it wasn't directed at you.

I don't know, did I?

As far as I understood you, you were encouraging him to think about what a crime consists of.

I meant only to say that crimes are and have been decided so by process of ethical reasoning as opposed to mass polling.
typical europe!
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
It doesn't even say what he wrote....
Regardless, ****ing stupid.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by Casketcreep
To punish people after they commit crimes.
Not to enforce good taste and good family values. Not to make examples of people because they're morally bankrupt, not to make examples of people because they are idiots.

That's circular reasoning. The only reason there are crimes is because the law says some things are crimes. So you're telling me "The reason there are laws is to punish people when they break them."

I'm gonna say lel.
Last edited by due 07 at Oct 8, 2012,
Didn't quite catch that;
Quote by BDR_23

lol jk, you're probably not a cunt.
Quote by TooktheAtrain

Ethical reasoning? The ****?
Quote by BDR_23

Only by morons.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
\In the US and the UK, laws passed by elected representatives determine what a crime is. Am I close to the mark?

The original question was why are there laws... so in context no you are not.
Last edited by due 07 at Oct 8, 2012,
I'm shocked that so many people find this okay. You are in denial for sure. Free citizens my ass. Brainwashed retards.

"OH HE HURT MY FEELINGS BOO HOO ****ING JAIL TIME".

Anyone who advocates this is a god damned ****ing **** scabbing dick ****.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by magnus_maximus
It is most generally used by one of two people - cynical bastards or trolls.

One should aspire to be neither.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm shocked that so many people find this okay. You are in denial for sure. Free citizens my ass. Brainwashed retards.

The only people who are retarded are those who think they are actually free.

Guess that means you a tard, bro!

Oh wait, you mean calling other people names because they disagree with you isn't cool? Shit...
Quote by TooktheAtrain
The 'golden rule', and so forth.

>golden rule
>morality

pick two
To be fair if he said it too loudly in the pub he'd've likely got glassed.
Last edited by Hydra150 at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by TooktheAtrain
The 'golden rule', and so forth.

That is way too subjective to derive anything from.

Some people like to be spanked. Don't mean yall can come up slapping my rear!
Quote by naedauuf

Get your shit together UK. And don't buy into that multicultural crap. Buying into it starts crap like this.
Quote by BDR_23
Get your shit together UK. And don't buy into that multicultural crap.

Alright, I'll bite.

Of what relevance is multiculturalism to this incident?
Quote by Casketcreep
What don't you understand?
What offends some people doesn't offend others. Morality is a grey area and the law shouldn't get involved in such things, it's too subjective.

You're establishing this separation between law and morality and I'm wondering where you imagine the ideas for most laws come from.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by TooktheAtrain
Alright, I'll bite.

Of what relevance is multiculturalism to this incident?

The government babies the immigrants and culturally minorities, even though most (n*ggers) are the ones that are uncivilized..
Quote by ErikLensherr
You're establishing this separation between law and morality and I'm wondering where you imagine the ideas for most laws come from.

Mother****ing magic

But like bro, this law is right because it is like...right. Know I'm sayin'?

EDIT: ^ **** off
Last edited by TunerAddict at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by TunerAddict
The only people who are retarded are those who think they are actually free.

Guess that means you a tard, bro!

Oh wait, you mean calling other people names because they disagree with you isn't cool? Shit...

I think a lot of people here are retards and maybe I am one myself. Atleast I don't believe they should be jailed for it. No one here deserves jail time for anything they've said. Calling them names? Sure. Jail time? That's where this is ****ed up.

Jail time doesn't just take x amount of your life away, but it completely ruins your life in modern society. This kid is going to have problems for the rest of his life getting jobs and such because of a damn joke on the internet.

****ed. Completely ****ed.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by BDR_23
The government babies the immigrants and culturally minorities, even though most (n*ggers) are the ones that are uncivilized..

Hey now, haven't we already discussed in this very thread how being a cunt or being a troll is bad? Stop being whichever one you are.
Quote by naedauuf
I think a lot of people here are retards and maybe I am one myself. Atleast I don't believe they should be jailed for it. No one here deserves jail time for anything they've said. Calling them names? Sure. Jail time? That's where this is ****ed up.

Jail time doesn't just take x amount of your life away, but it completely ruins your life in modern society. This kid is going to have problems for the rest of his life getting jobs and such because of a damn joke on the internet.

****ed. Completely ****ed.

I disagree. The rule of law must be obeyed, or else law loses all legitimacy.

If we disagree with laws, we need to petition our governments to have them changed, or protest them publicly and accept the punishments as part of our protests, just as Dr. King did.
Quote by Hydra150
Hey now, haven't we already discussed in this very thread how being a cunt or being a troll is bad? Stop being whichever one you are.

90% of Ugers are cunts, mate.
What proportion are trolls?
Quote by TunerAddict

If we disagree with laws, we need to petition our governments to have them changed, or protest them publicly and accept the punishments as part of our protests, just as Dr. King did.

What if there's a law against protesting?
Quote by Hydra150
What proportion are trolls?

What if there's a law against protesting?

You protest it and accept the punishment for protesting.

Note: This isn't necessarily what I believe, but it is the argument you'd get from people who believe in non-violence. Just trying to supply a counter argument.
Quote by BDR_23

Okay, if we are to accept for the sake of argument that '******s' are 'uncivilised', and that concessions are made for them, you have yet to demonstrate any link between concessions for '******s' and the (perceived) erosion of free speech.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
Okay, if we are to accept for the sake of argument that '******s' are 'uncivilised', and that concessions are made for them, you have yet to demonstrate any link between concessions for '******s' and the (perceived) erosion of free speech.

Let us not even dignify such vileness with a response. Reason would only confuse someone who has bumped their head after falling off their Pterodactyl.
Quote by TooktheAtrain

looollll

I was being ridiculous in that post, but many cultures and groups that come to western countries and do not adapt to the new culture, lobby the government for protection of their culture (even if its shitty, i mean why move to a new country to escape shitty oppressive conditions just to want to keep that culture?), and the government curries favor to them no matter how ridiculous. Many of these cultures and people are uncivilized. All over the world I see people becoming more uncivilized.

I wouldn't be surprised if immigrants turn Europe into a third world shithole like the ones they can from.
Hah, looks like he's banned.
Quote by BDR_23
looollll

I was being ridiculous in that post, but many cultures and groups that come to western countries and do not adapt to the new culture, lobby the government for protection of their culture (even if its shitty, i mean why move to a new country to escape shitty oppressive conditions just to want to keep that culture?), and the government curries favor to them no matter how ridiculous. Many of these cultures and people are uncivilized. All over the world I see people becoming more uncivilized.

I wouldn't be surprised if immigrants turn Europe into a third world shithole like the ones they can from.

Like they've done to America for the last 350 odd years?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by TunerAddict
I disagree. The rule of law must be obeyed, or else law loses all legitimacy.

IMO, obeying the law because it is "the law" goes against the nature of Western law and is at odds with our deepest values.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Hydra150
Hah, looks like he's banned.

And good ****ing riddance.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"