Page 1 of 2
King Donkey
yes
777 IQ
Don't know if there's been a thread, I tried searching but it came up with nothing.

Regardless, it appears that Invisible Children are back. I haven't heard a single thing about them in a while so I found this interesting.

http://youtu.be/Z_QsMdSCpNU

What I found most odd is that when they disappeared, it's not like people discussed how fraudulent and misleading it may have been. It just literally disappeared, not a single person mentioned it anywhere.

So, what does everyone make of this return to action? Doubt it'll be anywhere near as successful as the original.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Oct 8, 2012,
Trowzaa
TwoWorldWars&OneWorldCup
730 IQ
Quote by raoooos
he plays for Wigan now

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

slapsymcdougal
Banned
1,961 IQ
f*ck invisible children.
They should be seen and not heard, not the other way around.
WaterGod
BernieBro
541 IQ
A new Kony
Return of the Kony
The Phantom Kony
Attack of the Konys
Revenge of the Kony
Avedas
yoloswag420
673 IQ
not surprised comments are disabled

lol first minute of video how do physics work
these people are morons
Guodlca
Registered Abuser
426 IQ
Anything sticky happening in San Diego yet?
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
Quote by ninnipinni93
Has the masturbator been released from jail?

oh wow, totally forgot about this shit

the whole kony 2012 thing just disappeared in like 3 months

just..

disappeared

Quote by JamSessionFreak
lots of really smart stuff
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
1,184 IQ
It disappeared because all of the morons who jumped on the bandwagon realized they were morons and were too embarrassed to talk about it.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Oh, yay! More "donate to us; we want this scumbag in jail" nonsense. I get that he's a war criminal. I also find the whole "Kony 2012" thing to be annoying.
My Last Words
Billions and billions!
2,209 IQ
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
Comments disabled.
Likes disabled.
Donations enabled.

baab
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
Quote by TunerAddict
It disappeared because all of the morons who jumped on the bandwagon realized they were morons and were too embarrassed to talk about it.

pretty sure kony kidnapped it bro
Quote by JamSessionFreak
lots of really smart stuff
thes50
1,021 IQ
It'll all go down almost exactly as it did last time, people donate stupid amounts of money and absolutely nothing of any consequence happens causing it to completely disappear from the media for several months.

It's like that American guy that is absolutely certain that the world will happen roughly every six months, he's proved wrong, disappears then returns two weeks later with a new date for him to be wrong about.
CodChick
UG's Cute Canadian :3
122 IQ
They had to lay low after the guy that did the first movie was jacking off in public. You can't exactly be promoting more of your material with that kind of incident surrounding the organization.
Primus2112
whatever you say "Mor-ty"
915 IQ
oh my god these kony videos are entirely too long

ain't nobody got time for that
Quote by raoooos
slipknot are actually just terrible, they're such a "holy shit i'm 14" kind of band. like fuck off mum i'm not going to school i have to clear the stone of leaves.
jonathan666666
UG's Boyscout
122 IQ
The only thing I learned so far is that "this generation" has swishier men than the last.
FORZA CATANIA
rocknrollstar
Debaser
1,159 IQ
Quote by CodChick
They had to lay low after the guy that did the first movie was jacking off in public. You can't exactly be promoting more of your material with that kind of incident surrounding the organization.

Is that what that South Park episode was about? Jackin it in San Diego?
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Watched a minute, didn't want to watch anymore. I'm pretty much on Kony's side by now.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
TheEternalJew
Banned
21 IQ
It's ironic how Kony is still out there somewhere plotting his next move while the guy who started this is in jail for masterbating in public.
cptcomet
Band
648 IQ
Quote by TheEternalJew
It's ironic how Kony is still out there somewhere plotting his next move while the guy who started this is in jail for masterbating in public.

I'm not sure if actually Kony is actually active anymore. It's like campaigning against the Vietnam war, it would be a waste of time as it's over now.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Telecaster7
Call me Leon
1,429 IQ
Quote by TunerAddict

This man knows the truth. It can only be assumed that he (like me) was a moron.
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr
Watched a minute, didn't want to watch anymore.

I watched it 'til 1:13, when it came up saying 'MOVE'.

I was like "yeah good point I'd best get to work lol see ya Kony lol".
McTodd
This is a wug
800 IQ
On the one hand, fuck the cynicism - there's a bunch of people who saw a problem and are actually doing something to solve it.

On the other hand, their solution is making films about themselves and how hard it is being a rich white person. Which is dumb.

Good intentions, followed by ridiculous course of action. It's like trying to prevent forest fires by having a wank.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Quote by McTodd
On the one hand, fuck the cynicism - there's a bunch of people who saw a problem and are actually doing something to solve it.

On the other hand, their solution is making films about themselves and how hard it is being a rich white person. Which is dumb.

Good intentions, followed by ridiculous course of action. It's like trying to prevent forest fires by having a wank.

And cooperating with Idi Amin's old guys comes off as a bit off for me.

It's not that easy to deschiffer who's the bad guy in a conflict such as Uganda's. By supporting Invisible Children and being against Kony you would indirectly support the sitting government, who are for the death penalty of homosexuals and is basically the same old gang as Idi Amin used to rule.

Not such a nice conflict to take a certain side in eh?

I also remember that about 14 % of their donations went to the conflict per se and the rest to wages, transport, videos and campaigns and other stuff.

But hey, people want to be seen as morally functionally beings and a conflict half the globe away is a perfect opportunity for facebook saving-the-world kind of people to show this to their friends. It's not like they will be affected personally if the conflict and campaign backfires.

Yes. It's most likely so that Kony is a terrible human being and his actions are despicable. But cooperating with some random organisation who in their turn is siding with Uganda's current government is just wrong. I can never in my mind say that these guys are the good guys in a conflict. Never.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Oct 9, 2012,
McTodd
This is a wug
800 IQ
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
And cooperating with Idi Amin's old guys comes off as a bit off for me.

It's not that easy to deschiffer who's the bad guy in a conflict such as Uganda's. By supporting Invisible Children and being against Kony you would indirectly support the sitting government, who are for the death penalty of homosexuals and is basically the same old gang as Idi Amin used to rule.

Not such a nice conflict to take a certain side in eh?

I also remember that about 14 % of their donations went to the conflict per se and the rest to wages, transport, videos and campaigns and other stuff.

But hey, people want to be seen as morally functionally beings and a conflict half the globe away is a perfect opportunity for facebook saving-the-world kind of people to show this to their friends. It's not like they will be affected personally if the conflict and campaign backfires.

Yes. It's most likely so that Kony is a terrible human being and his actions are despicable. But cooperating with some random organisation who in their turn is siding with Uganda's current government is just wrong. I can never in my mind say that these guys are the good guys in a conflict. Never.

You make complete sense, but see that bit at the top where I said "fuck the cynicism". I know they're awful, but I don't think they realise that. To them, they're just good people showing enthusiasm for something they care about. It would just be nice if they knew what they were doing instead of making idiot movies.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
2,744 IQ
It's time for their annual salary again. Bunch of fags.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
rabidguitarist
Ethnomusicologist
1,735 IQ
Got to 30 seconds. I just can't handle his voice, it makes me want to pierce my eardrums.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
BeefWellington
UG's Tastiest Dish
262 IQ
I thought this was horse shit the first time it came out. All I know is that this time I won't bother wasting half an hour of my life.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.