I would think maybe he shouldn't do that, but it's not so bad
22 10%
I would think it's no big deal at all and it's fine
4 2%
Other
9 4%
Voters: 218.
Page 2 of 4
He shouldn't have even put the keys in the ignition. Someone's life could have been put in danger. Even walking home can be dangerous while intoxicated.
I usually won't say anything if someone has had a beer or two and I know they're still a competent driver, but if someone is drunk and they try to drive they're getting their keys snatched.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
I get openly pissed and verbally abusive to people who drive and text, or drive while drunk. I'm not going to put up with stupid choices that endanger the life of someone I care about, or the lives of people I don't even know.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by captaincrunk
What do you drive that you can see into semi truck cabins?

He wasn't driving, he was in a coach.
Drinking and driving is very stupid.

I actually have not gotten drunk once since I got my car. I spent all of 2012, my high school senior year, without any alcohol, no regrets

Be smart when you're operating a fast moving 3000+ pound piece of machinery... The truth is that drunk driving is common (rich kids with beamers and benzies parked outside the nightclub... it's a tragedy Dx ), which is very unfortunate
i dont drive so i drink alot
having said that even when im completey hammered i still stop others from drunk driving
i threw my freinds keys into a dumpster once
Quote by piratemetalhead
(rich kids with beamers and benzies parked outside the nightclub...

They're the only ones who do it.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
It's incredibly irresponsible and a terrible thing to do, especially if they were as drunk as you say they are. There is no good reason for someone to start a vehicle after drinking alcohol, let alone use that vehicle for transportation. I don't even like the drive after having 1 or 2 drinks and I know I'd be driving perfectly normal. It's just completely unnecessary. If you choose to drink you choose to arrange an alternative way home.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by captaincrunk
What do you drive that you can see into semi truck cabins?

I was sitting in one of these.

And this was what nearly hit us.

Quote by Skynyrd890
They're the only ones who do it.

I'd say they account for a majority maybe haha, but it's definitely common outside of that area

just the other night I saw an old corolla (i think) awkwardly run up a sidewalk at a slow speed, hit something, did the most awful u turn, and speed away. When I drove past that area I saw a metal road sign pole totally bent lul
Quote by piratemetalhead
I'd say they account for a majority maybe haha, but it's definitely common outside of that area

just the other night I saw an old corolla (i think) awkwardly run up a sidewalk at a slow speed, hit something, did the most awful u turn, and speed away. When I drove past that area I saw a metal road sign pole totally bent lul

Around here, it's just high school kids.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by element256
The majority of deadly accidents occur within 2 miles of your home, therefore hopefully that idiot kills himself soon driving drunk before he injures someone else.

I'm not sure how the idiot killing him- or herself is any better. It's not as bad as killing some innocent person, I agree. However, ideally, no one should die (including the drunk person). If one doesn't drink and drive, then the chances of one hurting oneself or another go down to zero.
Quote by The Madcap
I personally don't think it's a big deal if you're doing it at a red light or something.

You're not driving at a red light doe.
Quote by WCPhils
He's a gigantic jackass. He could have hurt anyone.

I have no tolerance for drunk driving. It's ridiculously selfish and you're basically saying you don't give a shit about anyone else.

Also, texting while driving is retarded too. Almost everytime I see someone swerving all over the road they are doing something with their phone. So ****ing stupid.

This. I've lost four friends to a drunk driver.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Voted before reading. If you get hammered and drive its a jackass move. Drinking a few, no big deal. You gotta know your limits.
How's this even a question?

Yes TS, of course it's okay to drink and drive.
I mean, if there were anything wrong with it, there'd be like ads and stuff telling you how bad it is.
Total jackass, he can either walk or find a ride or stay the night. No need to endanger himself and especially others.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by magnus_maximus
Drink drivers and text drivers should be banned. It's not only dangerous to you, but to others.

It is illegal, however in my opinion the punishments are not severe enough. My mom was watching Dr. Phil once and this woman who has 5 DUIs was on there, at least one of those times she had her kids in the car, and that doesn't factor in the times she wasn't caught. I was so angry that nothing had been done to keep her off the rode.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Schnecter
Drinking a few, no big deal. You gotta know your limits.

Disagree completely. Even a few can impair your reaction time quite a bit.
If you're gonna drink at all then don't drive. Even if it's a glass of wine.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by The Madcap
This was something I was thinking about after that thread about buying alcohol for minors.

Many months ago, I went to a get together at a friends house. I'm not too involved in the whole college-social-drinking thing (and I don't drink, really) so I just played video games with some other people there.

Anyways, there was a lot of drinking and smoking weed, which I don't mind as I've been around that plenty of times before (and I've even bought these guys alcohol before as I'm old enough to). So the guys there had drank to the point where you could easily tell if you just walked in the room that they had been drinking. To that point where they're acting retarded, leaving ridiculously long, stupid voicemails to people, etc.

So moving forward, as I was leaving I saw one of the guys driving to his apartment. It was about 2 in the morning, and if he were to get pulled over, he'd definitely get a DUI (or DWI, I forgot the difference) but he didn't get pulled over. He said his place wasn't very far.

So the point of this thread; There are some things that are displayed by the media as wrong, but it's just not a big deal if people do it. Things like pirating movies or software, or texting while driving. Commercials will display texting while driving as a very bad thing to do, but if I meet somebody ages 18-30, there's a 90% chance they text while drive.

Because I'm not really around this sort of thing often, I'm not really sure how common or frowned upon it really is, so that's why I'm asking.

If you were in that position I was in, what would you think of the guy driving? No big deal? Or do you think he's a jackass?
I know my limits in many drugs. I don't trust myself after more than just a tallboy and the 1 beer per hour limit. I know when I can and can't drive and drive accordingly.

The only time I text while driving is at a stop light/sign. The phone calls are left at 1 minute tops. Get to the point, haha.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I don't even think a high enough percentage of sober people are fully capable of operating their vehicles, let alone those choosing to impair themselves.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by palm mute
I don't even think a high enough percentage of sober people are fully capable of operating their vehicles

perhaps consider that everyone else thinks that too.

even the people you think are bad drivers.

the majority of people think they are better drivers than the median driver. they can't all be right.

also, it's all about red light texting.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
It is illegal, however in my opinion the punishments are not severe enough. My mom was watching Dr. Phil once and this woman who has 5 DUIs was on there, at least one of those times she had her kids in the car, and that doesn't factor in the times she wasn't caught. I was so angry that nothing had been done to keep her off the rode.

JUst admit it Gibby, you were watching Dr. Phil all on your own.

But seriously, I completely agree.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils

I'm not afraid to say that I've watched Dr. Phil more than once and enjoyed it.

I can throw down some serious Dr. Phil shit if the situation calls for it. That comes in handy.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
HOW DRUNK are they and how well can they operate a vehicle sober? I think they should do tests to see if you can operate a vehicle safely at a certain BAC level, then list that level on your license. Then, if you go over, it's automatic license suspension how long depending on how drunk you were.

And for the people talking about semi-truck drivers, the drivers were probably mostly sleep deprived. They are on really strict schedules and even though they have rules as to how long you can go without sleep, I'm sure plenty of them still go longer.
Last edited by FearMyLightning at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by FearMyLightning
HOW DRUNK are they and how well can they operate a vehicle sober? I think they should do tests to see if you can operate a vehicle safely at a certain BAC level, then list that level on your license. Then, if you go over, it's automatic license suspension how long depending on how drunk you were.

They already give enough people licenses who shouldn't have them. Now we should start testing them while drunk?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I don't know anyone that thinks it's a good idea, but I know plenty of people that have done it.
i've never drunk driven, but i've been driven while drunk.

bad experience every time. i wouldn't recommend it.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Trowzaa
Absolute ****. I don't care if you want to put your own life in danger but there is absolutely no need to put every other person on the road in danger as well. Selfish, cuntish behaviour.

/thread. Also, just because 90% of people 18-30 text while driving doesn't mean it's alright. I get scared as hell when someone I'm in the car with is texting. Pay attention next time someone does it. You can see them start to swerve and make bad, instictive judgments. Not a very safe situation.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by FearMyLightning

Or they should make the legal limit 0.0mg of alcohol.

Quote by WCPhils

I generally dislike Dr. Phil, but he's not always wrong, he makes good points a fair bit. I'm more of a Maury Povich man anyway.

You're only accusing me of such because I like Secret Life
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
It's weird because a generations or two ago it wasn't really that big of a deal. My dad tells stories about how when the cops pulled people over and they were drunk they'd jut ask if they were going straight home and then let them go.

Now, even the most belligerently drunken people I know, who will do some really crazy, dumbass shit when they're hammered, will call a cab or crash at the house we're at or whatever.
Quote by Trowzaa
Or they should make the legal limit 0.0mg of alcohol.

Yeah definitely. I mean you drink one beer, and it affects your judgements and reflexes by such a small, unnoticeable amount, that your ability to operate an automobile is completely gone.

If that were the case, then you probably shouldn't be let anywhere near an automobile sober.

Quote by WCPhils
They already give enough people licenses who shouldn't have them. Now we should start testing them while drunk?

Well if they shouldn't have them sober then they're sure as hell not going to get a license while drunk. The test would probably have to be a bit more strict too.
Last edited by FearMyLightning at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

You're only accusing me of such because I like Secret Life

Well obviously.
___

Quote by The_Blode
In my opinion, drinking and driving is irresponsible.

It's not that I have a problem with drinking. Some of my friends drink alcohol and I'm not against that.

And I basically everybody my age drives. I'm not against that either. It's practically a basic need in modern society. (Well, in the suburbs at least. In metropolitan areas where there's public transportation available, I understand it's different.) I even drive a few times a week myself.

But drinking and driving at the same time is, in my opinion, just reckless. There are better ways to get around. If you're at a party or something, you probably have a friend who can help you get home.

So yes, I think the person in question's decision to drink and drive was wrong.

Quote by neidnarb11890
this thread is boring & full of glib opinions.

Why not illuminate the discussion with your opinion, then?
Last edited by █▐▌█▐▌ at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by FearMyLightning
Yeah definitely. I mean you drink one beer, and it affects your judgements and reflexes by such a small, unnoticeable amount, that your ability to operate an automobile is completely gone.

If that were the case, then you probably shouldn't be let anywhere near an automobile sober.

Some people are that much of a lightweight So if they are, then they'd be clearly unfit to drive but they'd still be under the legal limit, what do you do in that case?

I'm loving the Jackass pun. Can't believe no one else has mentioned it. It's not like it was that subtle.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Trowzaa
Some people are that much of a lightweight So if they are, then they'd be clearly unfit to drive but they'd still be under the legal limit, what do you do in that case?

BAC is on a percent basis, not on the amount of alcohol in your bloodstream. Legal limit is .08% of your blood is alcohol. Now, if I understand this correctly, .08% on someone who weighs only 100 lbs is the same as .08% on a 250 lb person, they just drank different amounts of alcohol. Or course one of them could be more used to the affects of alcohol and therefore drive better.

But if having any amount of alcohol in the bloodstream were to be made illegal, then simply having a beer or two at a restaurant with dinner would make it illegal to drive, even though you would be just fine.