22 10%
I would think it's no big deal at all and it's fine
4 2%
Other
9 4%
Voters: 218.
Page 3 of 4
Quote by FearMyLightning
Yeah definitely. I mean you drink one beer, and it affects your judgements and reflexes by such a small, unnoticeable amount, that your ability to operate an automobile is completely gone.

If that were the case, then you probably shouldn't be let anywhere near an automobile sober.

You're ****ing clueless. Really. I just hope noone(aside from you) has to die because you're an ignorant ****.
Quote by FearMyLightning
BAC is on a percent basis, not on the amount of alcohol in your bloodstream. Legal limit is .08% of your blood is alcohol. Now, if I understand this correctly, .08% on someone who weighs only 100 lbs is the same as .08% on a 250 lb person, they just drank different amounts of alcohol. Or course one of them could be more used to the affects of alcohol and therefore drive better.

But if having any amount of alcohol in the bloodstream were to be made illegal, then simply having a beer or two at a restaurant with dinner would make it illegal to drive, even though you would be just fine.

I may be misunderstanding how the percentages work but couldn't someone with 0.8% feel the effects a lot more than someone else with 0.8%? Like me and my friend for example, we weigh about the same but I get drunk a lot easier than he does, even though we'd have drank the same amount. So, our blood/alcohol percentages should be the same, right? Despite me being more ratarsed than he is?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
I may be misunderstanding how the percentages work but couldn't someone with 0.8% feel the effects a lot more than someone else with 0.8%? Like me and my friend for example, we weigh about the same but I get drunk a lot easier than he does, even though we'd have drank the same amount. So, our blood/alcohol percentages should be the same, right? Despite me being more ratarsed than he is?

Tolerance, and food.

Quote by TunerAddict
You're ****ing clueless. Really. I just hope noone(aside from you) has to die because you're an ignorant ****.

Edit: No you quoted a different post. It's obvious you can't drive worth a fuck and you also have no tolerance to alcohol whatsoever.
Last edited by FearMyLightning at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by FearMyLightning
Tolerance, and food.

Would you like to elaborate then?

One or two beers can be enough to impair someone. You are also impaired before you hit .08, as your ability to reason, remember, and your ability to feel caution all begin to deteriorate before that point.
Quote by TunerAddict
One or two beers can be enough to impair someone. You are also impaired before you hit .08, as your ability to reason, remember, and your ability to feel caution all begin to deteriorate before that point.

So everyone is driving right on the edge of what is considered safe, and anything to slow their reflexes by a few ms makes it so they're just an accident waiting to happen?
Quote by FearMyLightning
So everyone is driving right on the edge of what is considered safe, and anything to slow their reflexes by a few ms makes it so they're just an accident waiting to happen?

Would you condone wearing big oven mitts on your hands when driving? I mean, they only impair you a little.
Quote by TunerAddict
Would you condone wearing big oven mitts on your hands when driving? I mean, they only impair you a little.

If you can't drive with big oven mitts on then you're probably not fit to drive with them off.
not a jackass, more of a DUMBASS
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Personally I would never ever do that and think less of someone who does.

But in practice I've seen it done a lot of times; if someone is an "experienced" alcoholic and it really isn't that far, chances are that they will get home just fine. Driving while intoxicated is something you should avoid, but in that situation I would lean closer to "maybe shouldn't" instead of "definitely shouldn't."

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I drink while I drive. I drive a bit slower so I don't spill my beer over the speed bumps.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by demonhellcat
"You should not drink and drive..... cause you might spill your drink" - Fat Mike

**** Fat Mike. Seriously. **** that dude.
you're a stone fox
If he is absolutely wasted, don't ****ing drive.

I have 2 or 3 drinks and then wait a few hours til I drive.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by macaroni
If he is absolutely wasted, don't ****ing drive.

I have 2 or 3 drinks and then wait a few hours til I drive.

This is the safe and responsible way to do it, people. Listen to this guy; it might just save your life or the life of someone else!

No. It's all over the media for a reason. If it weren't as big of a deal to begin with, the media would not have had a reason to blow it up as bad in the first place. It's happened before, its happening now, and it will happen in the future. Think of it as trial and error.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I think it's sort of a big deal, but I'd never call anyone on it. My best friends have driven home drunk, and while I don't want them too, there's nothing I could ever say to make them not do it. I've driven home tipsy, but only at the point when I know I'm not gonna be a danger to anyone else. And if someone calls me a jackass, it's really not gonna stop me from not driving home when I know I'll be fine.
Quote by Trowzaa
Disagree completely. Even a few can impair your reaction time quite a bit.
If you're gonna drink at all then don't drive. Even if it's a glass of wine.

By that judgement than you also shouldn't drive a car unless you've had at least 6 hours of sleep, or whilst depressed. Or after a long day at work. Oh, or after a hard workout.

Listen I detest drunk driving as much as the next guy, but some of the comments here have been ignorant. In most states in the US you can still have one or two drinks and LEGALLY drive.
Quote by Trowzaa
Or they should make the legal limit 0.0mg of alcohol.

Doesn't work. You get too many false positives.

Quote by Trowzaa

For one thing, it's .08%, .8% would kill you. Secondly, you'd be amazed how little drink it takes to go over .08%. You don't have to worry about "feeling drunk" at that point. For example, two pints of 5% lager and you'd be over the limit. Also, tolerance+food+common sense.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by The Madcap
This was something I was thinking about after that thread about buying alcohol for minors.

Many months ago, I went to a get together at a friends house. I'm not too involved in the whole college-social-drinking thing (and I don't drink, really) so I just played video games with some other people there.

Anyways, there was a lot of drinking and smoking weed, which I don't mind as I've been around that plenty of times before (and I've even bought these guys alcohol before as I'm old enough to). So the guys there had drank to the point where you could easily tell if you just walked in the room that they had been drinking. To that point where they're acting retarded, leaving ridiculously long, stupid voicemails to people, etc.

So moving forward, as I was leaving I saw one of the guys driving to his apartment. It was about 2 in the morning, and if he were to get pulled over, he'd definitely get a DUI (or DWI, I forgot the difference) but he didn't get pulled over. He said his place wasn't very far.

So the point of this thread; There are some things that are displayed by the media as wrong, but it's just not a big deal if people do it. Things like pirating movies or software, or texting while driving. Commercials will display texting while driving as a very bad thing to do, but if I meet somebody ages 18-30, there's a 90% chance they text while drive.

Because I'm not really around this sort of thing often, I'm not really sure how common or frowned upon it really is, so that's why I'm asking.

If you were in that position I was in, what would you think of the guy driving? No big deal? Or do you think he's a jackass?

About a week and a half ago, a guy got killed 2 miles from my house because a kid hit his car while he was texting and driving. Just because tons of people do it doesn't mean it's okay or safe.
I drink and drive all the time and it has never hurt anyone. Honestly, I can't see what the big deal is here.

I mean... sometimes if I drink a couple of reaaalllyyyyyy tall glasses of water, I'll feel sluggish...

but srsly guies...

no bg deel...

But, yea, no it's completely moronic.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by jambi_mantra
Doesn't work. You get too many false positives.

For one thing, it's .08%, .8% would kill you. Secondly, you'd be amazed how little drink it takes to go over .08%. You don't have to worry about "feeling drunk" at that point. For example, two pints of 5% lager and you'd be over the limit. Also, tolerance+food+common sense.

Not true. This isnt good and im not proud of it, but i was breathalyzed in a parking lot of a restaurant a couple weeks ago. I had 5 18oz pints of beer over about 90 minutes to 2 hours, and finished the last one about 10 minutes before i left. Was having a smoke in my car in the parking lot while calling my friend. Got rolled up on by police, yadda yadda, got breathalyzed. Thought i'd fail for sure even though i was not drunk just based on the amount consumed, but i did not fail. I wasnt even over .05, and the cop told me himself i was not acting drunk nor did i appear drunk. I weigh 175lbs. I walked home that night without getting booked.

Im not advocating driving under the influence, nor am i saying it's ok. But let me be clear. The issue, i mean really the main problem, has never been *drinking and driving*. The problem is *driving drunk*. Lots of people dont know their limits and think they're ok. But one person who drinks 3 beers will hardly feel a thing while someone else drinks 3 beers and is seeing double. This is why people who are so damn quick to jump on someone for drinking and driving is both idiots and pompous, arrogant dicks. Sure, drunk driving is awful and lots of loved ones have been tragically injured or killed by a drunk driver. But fuck you and shut the fuck up if you're just going to act like a superior cock when you hear that someone had a couple then drove.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Acϵ♠ at Oct 9, 2012,
Everybody knows it wrong to drink and drive. That we should try to stop people from doing it.
But people don't know looking down on your mobile to send a text to someone is dangerous, so thats why the media show it.
Quote by c3powil
I drink and drive all the time and it has never hurt anyone. Honestly, I can't see what the big deal is here.

I was like "You absolute assho...!

Quote by c3powil
I mean... sometimes if I drink a couple of reaaalllyyyyyy tall glasses of water, I'll feel sluggish...

but srsly guies...

no bg deel...

Oh you
Quote by Acϵ♠
Not true. This isnt good and im not proud of it, but i was breathalyzed in a parking lot of a restaurant a couple weeks ago. I had 5 18oz pints of beer over about 90 minutes to 2 hours, and finished the last one about 10 minutes before i left. Was having a smoke in my car in the parking lot while calling my friend. Got rolled up on by police, yadda yadda, got breathalyzed. Thought i'd fail for sure even though i was not drunk just based on the amount consumed, but i did not fail. I wasnt even over .05, and the cop told me himself i was not acting drunk nor did i appear drunk. I weigh 175lbs. I walked home that night without getting booked.

Im not advocating driving under the influence, nor am i saying it's ok. But let me be clear. The issue, i mean really the main problem, has never been *drinking and driving*. The problem is *driving drunk*. Lots of people dont know their limits and think they're ok. But one person who drinks 3 beers will hardly feel a thing while someone else drinks 3 beers and is seeing double. This is why people who are so damn quick to jump on someone for drinking and driving is both idiots and pompous, arrogant dicks. Sure, drunk driving is awful and lots of loved ones have been tragically injured or killed by a drunk driver. But fuck you and shut the fuck up if you're just going to act like a superior cock when you hear that someone had a couple then drove.

+1.

For this whole thread everyone on UG has been all like "omg have 2 beers get behind the wheel you might as well be hitler you sick sunuva bitch you're a dangerous motherfucker to yourself and everyone else on the road I hope your whole family gets killed by drivers who had 1 beer and drove just so you understand how much of a fucking retard I am.
Quote by FearMyLightning
+1.

For this whole thread everyone on UG has been all like "omg have 2 beers get behind the wheel you might as well be hitler you sick sunuva bitch you're a dangerous motherfucker to yourself and everyone else on the road I hope your whole family gets killed by drivers who had 1 beer and drove just so you understand how much of a fucking retard I am.

no no, that's what you wanted to read.
Quote by Acϵ♠

I'll agree with this post.

I know I can drive a few miles down the road to the bar, drink 3-4 beers over the course of a couple of hours, and drive home without issue. If you're BAC is .08% or less, and you're swerving and blowing through stop signs, you probably shouldn't be driving in the first place.
It is a big deal.

If you drive whilst drunk you're a jackass. I don't necessarily care about your well-being in that case. You've decided it's a good idea to drive. Therefore I am not obliged to feel pity for you if you get yourself killed. I would feel bad for your friends and family for losing you to such idiocy however. If you yourself are willing to risk your life then I will not really care about you.

The others in the traffic however has not been able to have a say in this. They aren't really thinking it's a good idea for you to drive drunk and you risking their lives. You're basically saying, I'm okay with toying and jeopardizing other people's lives because I'm selfish and I'm drunk. To risk others because you're a dick is a big deal. There are other ways for you to feel big, you could try to reach high score on a pinball machine at your local pub or some other valorous deed.

I hate these kind of people. Please die in a single car accident and rid yourself the world of your kind.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Oct 9, 2012,
Totally irresponsible and stupid... I unfortunately last month was so fucked that I approved of my friend's idea to drive drunk. It was only like 200 meters and there was no traffic there at the time (very early morning in a quiet neighborhood)... but I feel pretty uncomfortable about drinking again if I'm gonna let others drive intoxicated and hop in as a passenger myself.
Last edited by Jyrgen at Oct 9, 2012,
Texting and driving : Bloody Jackass
Calling on the phone without handsfree: Partial Jackass
Calling on the phone with handsfree: I still frown upon it personally
Drinking before/after/during driving: Fuck your shit so hard with a bloody cactus.
High/tripping whilst driving: Fuck your shit with a rusty rake.

Any combination of them: I will murder you myself. At minimum I'll imagine murdering you myself.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
If it really wasn't that far, why take the car? I mean, that's just downright unresponsible. I'm not even talking about "Oh my god he could hit someone!" -which would be a valuable point- it's just that he is taking a huge risk for himself as police could cause him a lot of trouble. Why would anyone take a risk like that?

Also, I don't text while I drive. I don't answer calls either. For some reason I don't feel confident doing it.

Not that drink driving is a big deal over here, it happens, people get hurt by it but it helps that every Dutch person owns at least 3 bikes.
My personal experience is that it's much more dangerous to be driving tired than to be driving with a little bit drunk. I fear for my life when I have to drive tired.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Well, I mean I drive after drinking. I'll go to our usual spot, have some pitchers and I'll be perfectly fine. Now I know, that even though I feel fine and sober, the alcohol still has the ability to take effect. But with that theory, I could take a sip of beer and technically not be allowed to drive.

Point is I don't drive after being intoxicated. If I'm just around town here, and I'm really pinned at a bar, I'll either get a ride from one of my buddies there (either to his place or mine), crash at his place, or walk there with my buddies. Taking a taxi is just a ****ing joke because it usually costs us 3 times more than what we spent at the bar. Not because we're far, but because taxis are the biggest over-priced scam ever. Also, last time we took a taxi we ended up getting in a physical altercation with the driver.

So basically, if I'm pinned, walk or get a ride. Taxis are only for when I'm downtown and the buses have stopped running. And that taxi ride will cost us easily 60$ in total, for a 15 minute ride. Which is another reason why I NEVER go out downtown.

I've seen guys drive ****ing pinned as tits and get home fine. I've seen guys drive pinned and they've gotten caught. Depends on the person really. If you're intoxicated, then just don't drive. You're either gonna have to figure out your situation or pay out the ass for a taxi. Just the way it is really.

Little side story: on a few occasions I would have rather driven pinned because my idiot friend who has the driving skills of a donkey actually was laser beam focused, he was our DD, and ran through two stop signs without even realizing it, and blew a red light cam and didn't understand why he would get a ticket. So yeah, in him being sober and ****ing retarded, he might as well have been drunk.
Driving with a high BAC is never okay

Driving while you're tripping on acid is also never okay, unless you were really good at that rainbow level on Mario Kart 64
On the real though, driving drunk makes driving a fun adventure instead of just bland old transportation. It's like "whheeeeeee"
Quote by whoomit
I was like "You absolute assho...!

Oh you

I've always thought it was strange how the term "drinking" has just become a blanket term for alcohol consumption. Ah, well...
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by jimejames
Driving with a high BAC is never okay

Driving while you're tripping on acid is also never okay, unless you were really good at that rainbow level on Mario Kart 64

So I should trip my testicles off on some L and try to jump from an overpass onto the highway below to gain a time advantage?

Hmm.. this might just work.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
So I should trip my testicles off on some L and try to jump from an overpass onto the highway below to gain a time advantage?

Hmm.. this might just work.

Your intentions strike me as prudent and warranted.
Quote by Acϵ♠

Yeah that's one thing I don't get. Some people truly believe that if they have a drink, or a even like a 3% beer (regardless, for them a drink is a drink) that it's still drinking and driving and there's a two-way risk factor. It's like, what is the ****ing point of even going out. Your one beer is gonna end up costing 30$ because in your mind you'll have to cab home.

My and buddy have this joke going on. We always here those radio commercials, I think it's province wide. It's one of those ''last night, you did the right thing, you took a cab home, but what you didn't know (a.k.a. we want to **** you in the ass again please) is that this morning you still had alcohol in your blood stream, and when you drove to work (.........) do the right thing, don't drink and drive, and remember blah blah". I'm sure you've heard of them. Anyways, we have this thing going on when we drink and we recite the radio ad and say like ''so you did the right thing, you emptied your wallet for a taxi, as of yesterday night, your life is worth 60$, thank you for thinking about your decision. But what you didn't know is that you can never win, and we will **** you either way so your life just grew in value because now you have to take a 100$ cab ride to work. Thank you for blah blah blah'' And then the ''this is my ontariooooo'' song which we sing as ''welcome to ontariooooo'' and then say ''a local message from your beloved communist dictator, the honorable Dalton McGuinty''.

Anyways, it's pretty funny when we do it. But it pretty much sums up the whole point.

Also, that same buddy of mine got breathalyzed once because we were gonna do some night fishing with glowsticks and we bring a few beers along. He had a sip of beer, then the cops lit me up as I was pulling up beside him. He chucked the beer and next thing you know he's being breathalyzed because she was sure he was pinned when he only had a sip. Regardless, he wasn't in the car, the car wasn't on, and he wasn't trying to get in the car. He was leaning on it waiting for me. The cop still told us it counts as having care and control of the vehicle, almost slapped him with an improper care and control ticket, but he blew zero 5 times in a row even after she changed the batteries.
The interesting question here is not whether drunk driving is condoned, but rather if it is allowed. How many people who said the dude was a jackass would actually take away his keys. Also how about if someone has been drinking but think that they're fine to drive and you're not sure if they are or not. Would you play it safe an take their keys then to, or would you let them go rather than suffer social stigma?
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost