Poll: What is your stance on abortion?
Poll Options
View poll results: What is your stance on abortion?
Pro-Life
40 13%
Pro-Choice
230 73%
Pro-Catf*cking
43 14%
Voters: 313.
Page 4 of 7
Quote by Mudmen190
A framing I would use is to imagine that you're in a burning building, and you can either rescue 30 undeveloped feteei (fetuses? no way) or a teenager that has succumbed to the smoke and passed out. You can rescue only one. I don't see it as all that superfluous, as hypothetically, the burning building is in a few crucial ways similar to being pregnant.

Not trying to be a prick and say that's a bad example but if it were thirty old people I still wouldn't hesitate in saving the teenager since I think their life is more valuable. I hold more value in the teenager but that doesn't mean I don't care about the old people/fetuses. Also where do you get "feteei" from? :p
sunbather is shit
Quote by whywefight
If it isn't defective.

Assuming you want it removed. Is it immoral?

Quote by beefcake122
lol no, if you're implying a fetus is nothing more than sort of a body part I disagree with that but I can see how someone could think that, even if that's not what you're saying.

You are making the mistake of projecting your own consciousness onto the fetus
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Assuming you want it removed. Is it immoral?

You are making the mistake of projecting your own consciousness onto the fetus

..wat
sunbather is shit
Quote by whywefight
What I want to know is exactly fetuses have conciousness.

Exactly when? Doesn't really matter tbh. Consciousness is meaningless without experience.

Quote by beefcake122
..wat

What's not to get?
Quote by Axelfox
Shit! I meant to choose pro ilfe.

DON'T DO IT! IT'S A TRAP!
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Axelfox
Huh? o.O

They will eat you alive for saying such things...those baby-eaters. O_o
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
I just don't understand why people are so touchy on this subject. People are killed every day and not many people so much as bat an eye lid over it. When it comes to something that can hardly even think or do anything for that matter it's a whole different story.

(I know how cold that sounds but you get the point)
Quote by whywefight
What I want to know is exactly fetuses have conciousness.

I thought that not even newborn babies are self-aware?
Quote by W4RP1G

Dumb more like it! Ha ha ha hahaha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.
Quote by W4RP1G

Did you really say that human life is not sacred?

I think you just went full retard.
Quote by whywefight
Go on....

There isn't much else to say..

Quote by Axelfox

There's no way I'm not sigging this.
Quote by beefcake122
Not trying to be a prick and say that's a bad example but if it were thirty old people I still wouldn't hesitate in saving the teenager since I think their life is more valuable. I hold more value in the teenager but that doesn't mean I don't care about the old people/fetuses. Also where do you get "feteei" from? :p

The example isn't to state that fetuses are garbage and absolutely worthless, but to demonstrate the urgency in deciding for life that already exists and is established.
The old people thing demonstrates a bias that you have, positive or negative, I care not to explore it (probably negative).
As far as I know, I invented feteei (although if someone has it down somewhere, I relinquish all rights to them in fear of being sued).
Quote by Axelfox
Did you really say that human life is not sacred?

WTF? You are the one with the reading comprehension problem here, buddy.

Obligatory.

Im done arguing my view on this. In the end, it really doesn't even matter. I believe what I want, you believe what you want, and I'm completely okay with it and think no less of you for it.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Quote by StewieSwan
There isn't much else to say..

There's no way I'm not sigging this.

I'm just saying (like I've said for all of these abortion threads) there must be some line where people say that a baby now has the majority of the babies are now more than a mass of cells. Obviously it differs for each baby, but the discussion (as I see it) is where this line is. I've heard at fertilization, and I've heard long after birth.

OT: You seem like you've never heard that phrase before. Have you seen tropic thunder?
Quote by whywefight
I'm just saying (like I've said for all of these abortion threads) there must be some line where people say that a baby now has the majority of the babies are now more than a mass of cells. Obviously it differs for each baby, but the discussion (as I see it) is where this line is. I've heard at fertilization, and I've heard long after birth.

We have to draw the line somewhere and I don't see why birth (physical separation from the mother) isn't a fine place to do it.

OT: You seem like you've never heard that phrase before. Have you seen tropic thunder?

Seems you aren't familiar with axelfox.
Quote by whywefight
I've heard at fertilization

Where did you hear that? Does anyone out there actually claim that a consciousnesses can exist before a brain has developed?
Quote by StewieSwan
We have to draw the line somewhere and I don't see why birth (physical separation from the mother) isn't a fine place to do it.

Seems you aren't familiar with axelfox.

Alright then, I don't see an abundance of reasoning, but I've got nothing to argue against

And I'm not haha.

Quote by W4RP1G
Where did you hear that? Does anyone out there actually claim that a consciousnesses can exist before a brain has developed?

Ask axelfox, I'm sure he'll tell you all about it.
Last edited by whywefight at Oct 9, 2012,
Quote by bradulator
if you jizz in your pants on accident while you sleep are you still a murderer?

Mass murder... is so DEATH METAL!
Quote by sashki
I'm not sure where I stand on abortion.
On one side, I support killing babies, but on the other hand, it gives women a choice.

I'd love to say this to one of those super-douche politicians
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Pro-life

Because I don't believe that quality of human life determines the value of human life.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
What I don't understand is pro-lifers who aren't out on the streets ****ing shit up. Think about it; there's worldwide, systematic genocide going on every single day. The unborn are dying. You can't live and let live if an abortion is really the same thing as killing a baby, or a small child, or a small child thousands of miles away from you. Jump the picket line, stab a doctor, do whatever you need to do. Because the rest of us are tired of hearing about it from people who ignore the rest of the suffering actual human beings have to put up with while claiming to be 'pro' life.
I'm pro-death on an over-populated planet such as this one.

Kill ALL the babies.
Quote by c3powil
Pro-life

Because I don't believe that quality of human life determines the value of human life.

I don't believe that a bunch of brainless cells is a human life.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Pro-choice I guess. I think it's ok in the first or second trimester. After that? No, unless the mother is in danger or something.

I would never want my wife/girlfriend to get one unless she was in danger. I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt, I think....

Also

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I'm pro-choice because I'm not retarded.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
there are no pro life people and no pro choice people

there's pro-abortion and anti-abortion

and i am most definitely for abortion
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Here's the compromise: Abortion is outlawed and pro-lifers have to adopt every unwanted baby.

There, everybody wins.
Is it ironic that the poll on abortion resembles a penis?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I don't believe that a bunch of brainless cells is a human life.

Differences in opinion.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by c3powil
Differences in opinion.

You contend that a bundle of animal cells with no consciousness, brain or self-awareness is equal to you?
Pro-lifers who aren't vegans: hypocrites?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
They only care about human life whilst it's in the womb Todd. As soon as it's born to it's single mother most pro-lifers seem happy to taunt it as a leech on the welfare system's teat and a scourge to society.