Page 3 of 4
My lady friend and I have some overlap, but a lot of differences. It's ideal I suppose. I really don't understand why people give so many ****s about what their significant other listens to, but I guess I give ****s over what movies she likes so maybe I'm a hypocrite.
Last edited by cornmancer at Oct 9, 2012,
Quote by Saint78
No one actually thinks this.

Before people started making fun of YOLO there were actually people in my high school that said it seriously.

Also quite often when I had a facebook my feed would be spammed with Lil' Wayne and Drake quotations with captions like "Speak the truth" and "U da only one that knows how it is Weezy"

You would be surprised how dumb people my age are.
Quote by toBetheVeryBest

Before people started making fun of YOLO there were actually people in my high school that said it seriously.

Also quite often when I had a facebook my feed would be spammed with Lil' Wayne and Drake quotations with captions like "Speak the truth" and "U da only one that knows how it is Weezy"

You would be surprised how dumb people my age are.

I'm 14, and I live in Oklahoma. Stupidity does not surprise me anymore.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78

Dam...U da only 1 who nos how it is Saint78
Quote by Saint78

People in the 'hood are a different kind of stupid compared to Oklahoma.
Quote by toBetheVeryBest
Dam...U da only 1 who nos how it is nasty n8

Best believe it, nigga.

EDIT: ^ No. Maybe a different kind of stupid, but not stupider.
you're a stone fox
When I try and go on Scaruffi's site, I get the 'internet explorer cannot display the webpage' error.

IE, what have you done now?
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I don't really mind if they like some music that i don't like, as long as we share some musical tastes, then i can dig it. Some things i really can't put up with, but it depends on how much i like the girl, and if she likes certain artists that really push my buttons.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by due 07
To what music does your imaginary ideal bf listen? Or if it bugs you that much, you don't have to answer. It is not that hard a concept.

I understood the question, I just don't understand why taste in music would make an imaginary ideal BF any more ideal. It doesn't say a whole lot about a person in my experience.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by fail
I understood the question, I just don't understand why taste in music would make an imaginary ideal BF any more ideal. It doesn't say a whole lot about a person in my experience.

It's nice to share common interests with people.
Quote by fail

You have ruined this thread.
U kno how I do
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Anything, as long as she meets these requirements:

>will not berate me for playing glam metal at all hours of the night.
>will not yell at me for playing loud guitar

I would like it if she remotely liked my music, so I could listen to it when she was around.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
Quote by guitarxo
Anything as long as they aren't snobby about it

What if they like snob-core grunge metal?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I don't care what she listens to

She just has to be strong enough to withstand my judgement
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

My gf is a die-hard metalhead, life's good man.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
My wife loves prog rock (Syd Barett, Rush, some other hippie 70's stuff) and 50's/60's RnB, has a nice collection of both genre's on vinyl.

Even though late 80's thrash is my buzz, I am quite pleased with my choice in a female mate
Last edited by beau05 at Oct 9, 2012,
The title made me think this was a thread asking what type of music attractive people listen to, in which case I'd just link my lastfm account.

But to answer the OP, it'd be similar enough to mine to where we could both enjoy some key things, but different enough to where we could discover new things off of each other.
Quote by Redsectoreh
It would be Rush. But female Rush fans are as rare as unicorns. Hence why they are considered "Geddycorns"

I known 10 in my lifetime, then again I found 10 4 leaf clovers in my lifetime as well
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by due 07

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worth of being saved.
In a sense the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little attention to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as one can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for free for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply publicize what the music business wants to make money with.

Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Tim Buckley, who never sold much, and commercial products like the Beatles. And rock critics will study more of rock history and realize who invented what and who simply exploited it commercially.

Beatles' "aryan" music removed any trace of black music from rock and roll: it replaced syncopated african rhythm with linear western melody, and lusty negro attitudes with cute white-kid smiles.

Contemporary musicians never spoke highly of the Beatles, and for a good reason. They could not figure out why the Beatles' songs should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that the Beatles were simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to "Beatlemania", which had nothing to do with their musical merits). THat phenomenon kept alive interest in their (mediocre) musical endeavours to this day. Nothing else grants the Beatles more attention than, say, the Kinks or the Rolling Stones. There was nothing intrinsically better in the Beatles' music. Ray Davies of the Kinks was certainly a far better songwriter than Lennon & McCartney. The Stones were certainly much more skilled musicians than the 'Fab Fours'. And Pete Townshend was a far more accomplished composer, capable of "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia". Not to mention later and far greater British musicians. Not to mention the American musicians who created what the Beatles later sold to the masses.

The Beatles sold a lot of records not because they were the greatest musicians but simply because their music was easy to sell to the masses: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth. They wrote a bunch of catchy 3-minute ditties and they were photogenic. If somebody had not invented "beatlemania" in 1963, you would not have wasted five minutes of your time to read a page about such a trivial band.

Anyway, my ideal qt gf's fav artists would be Sleater-Kinney and A$AP Rocky.
Disregarded post.
due 07?

more like don't 07.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by eGraham
What if they like snob-core grunge metal?

That's fine with me, as long as they don't force me to listen to it or look down on my music.
cat
I don't care what a bitch listens to.

Also, I call women bitches now. They love it!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'd love it if my gf could even deal with anything that I like :/
she hates everything I listen to
Quote by byob_soad2
I'd love it if my gf could even deal with anything that I like :/
she hates everything I listen to

Maybe you have a shit taste in music.
as long as she doesn't claim to be into music and just listens to pop music all day. oh and no hip hop. i am just not "home with the downies."
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Colgate Total
I ****ing hate Rush. I canceled my XM subscription because the assclown on Ozzy's Boneyard plays that band every ****ing day, multiple times per ****ing day for ****'s sake god ****ing damn it.

colgate wut r u doin

colgate

stahp
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Rockford_rocks
She'd be able to listen to what I like and enjoy it, but be an individual and have her own tastes as well.

/thread.

My girfriend is already perfect
If she listened to btbam i wouldnt like her most likely. Im glad she likes what she likes.
Erm...

I think my Ex listened to Carlos Santana... TBH, one great thing about that was, not paying attention to what music each other liked too much or anything like that... Just the sex type making out stuff. This other Ex and I had a song, she liked Bryan Adams... Some song, the song from Robin Hood, so I guess that our was song... Again, I miss the sex.

I've been with girls, but usually, never long enough to find out what music they like.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Why did you bump this, Duffman? WHY?!

I wanted to mention Bob Dylan and bump a shit thread.

Success