Page 4 of 4
Quote by devourke
woohoo it worked.

Someone wanted to hear a story of your youth, slacker.

Is that it? I was at a party in Belgum where the canapés were delightful and you magicaly summoned me away for this?

OK.
So back in 1987 I was in a punk/metal crossover band called The Filth Patrol. We had a 6'8" guitarist called Lurch and a 5'2" guitarist called Aidy Virus, a drummer who's last name was Diggle who was in the middle of a court action against his dad, so he insisted that everyone called him 'Mad Dog', and a bassist called Dom (Dominic Brunt) who went on to play 'Paddy' in the British soap opera 'Emmerdale'.
I was the singer and the only guy in the band with any experience.
So, anyway, we'd seen an advert that went something like;
'Bands wanted for Battle of the Bands!'
We'd already done several battle of the bands type gigs and we alwaays ended up coming second to a group called 'Slag'.
Slag were the local glam rock band of the time and were always pulling fast ones promotion wise.
For instance, they contacted our local newspaper and claimed that they had been chosen as Vixen's (80's charting glam band with a female drummer and guitarist) support band and as a result, got a huge write up about it.
I knew their roadie, who told me it was bullshit so I rang the newspaper up pretending to be an irate Vixen road manager who had just read the report, the newspaper then demanded an apology from Slag and made 'em write a detraction and an apology that was printed in the paper.

Anyhow, I digress, I rang this guy up about a spot in this battle of the bands thing and he actualy said to me 'Erm, I don't suppose you know anything about how you run one of these do you? Only, I've never done one before. If you help me out and show me how to organise one, I'll fix it so that you win.'
The prize money was £300, and we were lucky if we got paid at all for a gig in those days.
I thought about the moral implications of this for about half a second and agreed to it, as long as he didn't tell the rest of my band or anyone else.
On the night, everyone (including Slag) was firm in the belief that Slag would win yet another battle of the bands and they were even standing up to walk to the stage as the winner was being announced, when the announcer said 'Filth Patrol'
The place was in shock, but it was a popular decision and the crowd went wild. Our two mishapen guitarists were on their way out of the door of the building because they had assumed that Slag had won as well and they had to be chased after by someone and told the news.
We did our encore, collected the cash spent the lot on beer, dope and speed and partied untill we passed out, and the guys in the band were riding high off that result for months afterward.
And erm, I er....never actualy got around to telling them that I'd fixed the competition.
So, for all the years since then, they all thought they'd won because they were the best band there that night, but it was me, I did it, and if any of you guys are reading this, I'm sorry....

.... but you must admit, it was a DAMN good party.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Oct 10, 2012,
See what I mean? How is that not A list Hollywood material? It's got drugs, scandal, people of loose morals, newspapers. It's got practically everything.

Every time I read a story of your youth, slacker, I'm always surprised that you've done something like that because in my minds eye you're a scholar on the quest for knowledge who also does awesome paintings in his spare time and then you go and do stuff like that. And you also taught me how to fix my nose if I broke it while drunk. Life lessons right there.
Quote by devourke
See what I mean? How is that not A list Hollywood material? It's got drugs, scandal, people of loose morals, newspapers. It's got practically everything.

You forgot 'celebrities', that story has a celebrity in it too.
Quote by devourke

Every time I read a story of your youth, slacker, I'm always surprised that you've done something like that because in my minds eye you're a scholar on the quest for knowledge who also does awesome paintings in his spare time and then you go and do stuff like that. And you also taught me how to fix my nose if I broke it while drunk. Life lessons right there.

It was a lifetime ago, way before I had any kids, I was a much different person then than I am now..,. although, that said, I was still very interested in the quest for knowledge and art back then, I've just developed my interests a bit more since then.
Quote by devourke

Could you suck his dick more?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Not from where he is, it's big but it's not that big.

I see.

I'm not in a fit state, but hold that thought for a few hours whilst I come up with a comeback.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Is that it? I was at a party in Belgum where the canapés were delightful and you magicaly summoned me away for this?

OK.
So back in 1987 I was in a punk/metal crossover band called The Filth Patrol. We had a 6'8" guitarist called Lurch and a 5'2" guitarist called Aidy Virus, a drummer who's last name was Diggle who was in the middle of a court action against his dad, so he insisted that everyone called him 'Mad Dog', and a bassist called Dom (Dominic Brunt) who went on to play 'Paddy' in the British soap opera 'Emmerdale'.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Being cool on the Pit is like the worst thing you could possibly want to do...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Is this what kids call cool these days?

Back in my time, cool users were Popapez, Scourge, casualty_01 and Wahappen. None of these lameazoids.
What is the average age of a pit use these days anyway?

Half the populous probably only like Whoomit cuz he used to drunk post xD
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by CoreysMonster
Is this what kids call cool these days?

Back in my time, cool users were Popapez, Scourge, casualty_01 and Wahappen. None of these lameazoids.

The pit is getting younger and a new culture is emerging. You and I are aging leviathans in a sea of mediocrity, Ryan.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
BRO!!!

WASSUP!!!

nah but you can't be like me TS. There's only one tolerable spaztikko, and I swear to god if you start doing the shit I do but badly and get a bad name for yourself, then I get compared to you, then you suck.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Be somewhat cool in real life. That'll make you really cool almost anywhere on the internet.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Caravan Palace

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
Quote by Spaztikko
BRO!!!

WASSUP!!!

nah but you can't be like me TS. There's only one tolerable spaztikko, and I swear to god if you start doing the shit I do but badly and get a bad name for yourself, then I get compared to you, then you suck.

Tolerable, no. Spammy and annoying, yes.