Page 1 of 2
I don't know about you guys, but when I buy new music (especially when it's from a band I really love) is euphoric! I'm not an excitable guy, but I do get really excited.

How does the Pit feel when it buys new music, guys?!
Pretty damn excited because I'm actually giving back to my favorite bands so they can keep doing what they do.
We're all alright!
I feel stoked, love taking the plastic off of CD's and seeing the artwork in the inserts and shiz nit.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I've finally begun buying music, pre-ordered Wintersun's Time. Going to try to buy an album a week and not torrent anymore. My friend said I'm ****ing retarded if I pay for music but whatever, the feeling of actually having a physical copy is pretty awesome and I haven't felt that in a while. I wish there were record stores where I live, closest one is probably about an hour and a half away.
sunbather is shit
I'm convinced bands get 1% of the money when I buy the CD, so I don't buy them usually.

Unless it's at one of their concerts or something.
It really excites me when I torrent an album, download a decent size and quality cover art, move the files to my music library folder, add the album to my music player, and then have to go through and fix all the tags to how I want them.

Nothing else like it.
Quote by Weaponized
I'm convinced bands get 1% of the money when I buy the CD, so I don't buy them usually.

Unless it's at one of their concerts or something.

1% > 0 %
We're all alright!
The start of the year I've been buying a lot of CD's since I've had the income now to do so. I've bought 20 some albums and it's amazing. I love touching the fresh CD and then smelling the paper smell from the artwork/lyric booklet. <3
Quote by Extra Ordinary
I wouldn't know what to buy and I've replace my bed side clock/radio, so no more CD players for me.

New music doesn't have to be "CDs". It could be "mp3s". Hell, I usually buy new albums on iTunes.
Quote by institutions
It really excites me when I torrent an album, download a decent size and quality cover art, move the files to my music library folder, add the album to my music player, and then have to go through and fix all the tags to how I want them.

Nothing else like it.

I use iTunes for cover art, their's are really nice.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
i sometimes like to buy an album after never hearing any of the music before because it's exciting to not know what you're getting. i try to read critics' reviews to guide me to the degree that i'm not wasting $12 on something that's awful, but for the most part, i think it's neat to open up a package, see the art, and pop something into a CD player, ready to be surprised. Mp3s are more convenient and cheaper to buy, but it's a different feeling when you can actually see and touch a physical copy of the album with all the art and liner notes and such, especially if it's an album with really cool art.

I think there will always be a collector's market for physical copies of music even if mp3s or other digital means of distribution continue to take over the industry. People just like to have things!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
New music doesn't have to be "CDs". It could be "mp3s". Hell, I usually buy new albums on iTunes.

Oh, well in that case I still find it difficult to buy music I like.
I can't buy anything that isn't in the Canadian store and there is so much out there that I want.
I did try sending requests through the Apple customer support but they said they can only put up music if the labels agree to.
i tried buying an album i had on my computer in lossless once, expecting to feel something like you people describe

nothing

wasted money
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I use iTunes for cover art, their's are really nice.

Yeah, but they don't have a lot of the albums I do.
Also, using iTunes for cover art for songs being played in a different music player is more trouble than doing a quick google search.
Buying music ? Hell no. Except for physical formats. I actually feel like I've bought something of value when I can hold it in my hands.
im so ****ing excited right now. i got the parallax 2 and i cant wait to listen to it...but its my girlfriend and i's anniversary today, so i will have to wait till later tonite
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Oh, well in that case I still find it difficult to buy music I like.
I can't buy anything that isn't in the Canadian store and there is so much out there that I want.
I did try sending requests through the Apple customer support but they said they can only put up music if the labels agree to.

Have you tried ordering it on Amazon.com?
Yeah. I don't buy CDs too often but when I do it is euphoric. I always open it and look through the album booklet as soon as I buy it.
I love buying new music and games. Stopped downloading stuff. I like to support the artists.

Just started collecting vinyl fairly recently. So great.

I hate buying games digitally. Feel like I've been ripped off. I like having the actual product in my hands.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by The Madcap
tfw you look at your bank account and don't have money for lunch because you bought a CD.

tfw you look at your bank account and don't have money because you bought a "magical unicorn mask".
Yes, I know this feeling. There was this one time that I purchased a Backstreet Boys album and I cried because of how beautiful they are.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by WCPhils
I hate buying games digitally. Feel like I've been ripped off. I like having the actual product in my hands.

It depends on it for me. Some games on the PSN are hella cheaper on the PSN than getting the physical product. Final Fantasy VII and Persona 3 FES are both $9.99 on the PSN, but the first one costs you up to $50 and the other will run you $30. Both used.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It depends on it for me. Some games on the PSN are hella cheaper on the PSN than getting the physical product. Final Fantasy VII and Persona 3 FES are both $9.99 on the PSN, but the first one costs you up to $50 and the other will run you $30. Both used.

Well yea, older games that are really expensive new or used are obvious downloads. But if I had the choice of buying a new game at the store or downloading it for around the same price, I will buy it at the store.

I do download games. I have a bunch of PS1 Classics and stuff on the Wii Virtual console. I just don't prefer it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
I love buying new music and games. Stopped downloading stuff. I like to support the artists.

Just started collecting vinyl fairly recently. So great.

I had the opportunity to buy a Warlord record on vinyl 2 weeks ago, and I didn't get it.

I've been a broken man ever since.
Quote by WCPhils
Well yea, older games that are really expensive new or used are obvious downloads. But if I had the choice of buying a new game at the store or downloading it for around the same price, I will buy it at the store.

I do download games. I have a bunch of PS1 Classics and stuff on the Wii Virtual console. I just don't prefer it.

I agree it's not the same, but I do think it's cool on the PSN games you can look at the manual, so I don't miss out that aspect of the artwork.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I agree it's not the same, but I do think it's cool on the PSN games you can look at the manual, so I don't miss out that aspect of the artwork.

Yea, that is a pretty neat aspect.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
I had the opportunity to buy a Warlord record on vinyl 2 weeks ago, and I didn't get it.

I've been a broken man ever since.

I was bidding for an unopened copy of Kezia on eBay and stopped at like $60

It only went for a little more and now I haven't seen one go for less than $100.

I regret it so much.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Oct 10, 2012,
Quote by Morphogenesis26
The start of the year I've been buying a lot of CD's since I've had the income now to do so. I've bought 20 some albums and it's amazing. I love touching the fresh CD and then smelling the paper smell from the artwork/lyric booklet. <3

This so much. I've recently discovered a few record shops in my area. I was able to get 8 CDs (two of which were cd/concert DVD bundles, so about 11 discs in all) for less than $40. So ****ing great.

Edit: ^ once again. Silly, silly Phils.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Last edited by iHurricaneGTR at Oct 10, 2012,
I just bought a couple of cds from new bands, enjoying playing the cds on my stereo. Even though I don't do it all the time, I like to buy cds from new bands I find interesting as a way of supporting them. As for older classic albums, I prefer to simply torrent them.
Quote by AKnownHardman
I just bought a couple of cds from new bands, enjoying playing the cds on my stereo. Even though I don't do it all the time, I like to buy cds from new bands I find interesting as a way of supporting them. As for older classic albums, I prefer to simply torrent them.

Yea, though I do like buying older vinyl since you can go into an old record shop and get like ten classic records for $10
___

Quote by The_Blode
I love it when a CD has a thick booklet.

Whenever I buy a CD, I always look at it from the side to see if it has a nice, thick booklet. If it does, buying it is a very joyous occasion.
Page 1 of 2