Page 1 of 2
I have been listening to meshuggah all day, and have been surprisingly eager to do all of my due assignments for school today. I think meshuggah's music makes me want to do homework more, while also thinking of people being beaten to death, of course.

i think this is a good thing?
It's your brain telling you that you need something to help you ignore the pish you're listening to.
Meshuggah makes me want to kill myself, so I never have to hear them again.
you're a stone fox
Quote by raoooos
It's your brain telling you that you need something to help you ignore the pish you're listening to.

Quote by ramorite
no :[

lol
Quote by jugglingfreak
Meshugga makes me want to stab them all in the eye with a tainted pickle fork.

Actually, despite the fact that I love Metal, it makes me want to do the same. Rhythm displacement is cool and all, but their lack of any melody whatsoever is not.
Oh, that's just your brain telling you that if you don't do your homework, you might not get a good job. And then you might have to play in an awful band, such as Meshuggah, to make a living.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Lol so many haters for the band with the best music video in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A_tSyJBsRQ

I can tell not to watch that just by the name of the song. That's not even a real title. That's just four words put together randomly.
you're a stone fox
Quote by anvil is god
Omg so complex
0-000-0-000-0-0-0-----00-00-0-00-1-00-0-1-111-111-000-0-000-00-000-11-0

Did the riff include the rhythm? No? Then, stfu. I doubt the average UG'er can even play most Meshuggah riffs.

That said, it's hardly on the level of some other bands.

Quote by Saint78
I can tell not to watch that just by the name of the song. That's not even a real title. That's just four words put together randomly.

*pats Nate's head* It's ok. Judge the "book" (or song, as it be) by its cover (or title, as it is).

Seriously, if we judged 95% of songs by their title, then most songs would never be listened to, ever.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Oct 11, 2012,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
*pats Nate's head* It's ok. Judge the "book" (or song, as it be) by its cover (or title, as it is).

>Implying I haven't heard the song before
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
That's one of the things I don't like about metal. Most of the song titles are meaningless phrases full of words put together to sound "dark."

Ah, your ignorance. It's cute.

Edit:
Quote by Saint78
>Implying I haven't heard the song before

Everyone has.
I prefer to call them MECHUGGUH FUCK YEAH
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Did the riff include the rhythm? No? Then, stfu. I doubt the average UG'er can even play most Meshuggah riffs.

That said, it's hardly on the level of some bands.

Don't worry, I love Meshuggah. The riff is just me typing randomly.
The guitar parts without the rest of the band screwing with rhythms are actually very easy.
Quote by Saint78
That's one of the things I don't like about metal. Most of the song titles are meaningless phrases full of words put together to sound "dark."

"Straws Pulled at Random" is a meaningless phrase? Do you even speak english?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Ah, your ignorance. It's cute.

Edit:

Everyone has.

Ignorance of what? Explain to me how the phrase "New Millennium Cyanide Messiah" makes any sense. And don't say "You can interpret it however you want." Metal is probably the most impersonal, meaningless genre. The fans can pretend to be a family all they want. It's more like a cult of people who know nothing about the artists other then what they've seen on VH1 Classic.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Ignorance of what? Explain to me how the phrase "New Millennium Cyanide Messiah" makes any sense. And don't say "You can interpret it however you want." Metal is probably the most impersonal, meaningless genre. The fans can pretend to be a family all they want. It's more like a cult of people who know nothing about the artists other then what they've seen on VH1 Classic.

You don't need to know the artists to enjoy the music bro.
Quote by Saint78

Not sure if trolling or not, but New Millenium Cyanide Christ means that religion in the modern age is poison. I don't see how that's hard to understand.
Quote by Saint78

Lol, u mad
Quote by Saint78
Ignorance of what? Explain to me how the phrase "New Millennium Cyanide Messiah" makes any sense. And don't say "You can interpret it however you want."

Prove to me how any other song titles are any more meaningful.

Metal is probably the most impersonal, meaningless genre. The fans can pretend to be a family all they want. It's more like a cult of people who know nothing about the artists other then what they've seen on VH1 Classic.
Way to generalize, you jerk!

By the way, you're doing a lot for your credibility, arguing something as ridiculous as whether Metal songs titles have meaning or whether Metal itself has meaning. That's like trying to argue that certain styles of art have no meaning. Even if you've good points, you're still retarded.

Edit:
Quote by CoreysMonster
Not sure if trolling or not, but New Millenium Cyanide Christ means that religion in the modern age is poison. I don't see how that's hard to understand.

Apparently, that was too meaningless for NastyN8.
Quote by anvil is god
You don't need to know the artists to enjoy the music bro.

Is that the fun of music though? When you can feel the artists personality shining through their music?
you're a stone fox
And this is why I took a vacation off The Pit
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Ometh
And this is why I took a vacation off The Pit

I imagine that would be nice actually.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Saint78
Is that the fun of music though? When you can feel the artists personality shining through their music?

If I want to feel emotional while listening to music, I find music that does it for me without any prerequisites.
their music sucks, it's rhythmically complex but the complexity sounds like complete crap and it doesn't flow at all.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
Makes me want to do homework as well. I used to study math to it especially
Quote by CoreysMonster
Lol so many haters for the band with the best music video in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A_tSyJBsRQ

Fuck yeah man!
Quote by Saint78
Metal is probably the most impersonal, meaningless genre.

You are duuuumbbbbbb
Quote by Saint78
The fans can pretend to be a family all they want. It's more like a cult of people who know nothing about the artists other then what they've seen on VH1 Classic.

You are trooollliiinggggg
Quote by anvil is god
The guitar parts without the rest of the band screwing with rhythms are actually very easy.

Wrong, the guitar parts without having the drums as a rhythmic reference are fucking impossible.

ITT: People who judge Meshuggah after hearing Bleed and no other songs.
Last edited by entity0009 at Oct 12, 2012,
i'll pass

Page 1 of 2