Page 3 of 3
I had Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, and Sonic Spinball.

Too much nostalgia in this thread for me. I need to get my Genesis back from my grandma's house.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by TheReverend724
Sonic Adventure > Sonic Adventure 2

EXACTLY WHAT I CAME IN THIS THREAD TO POST

Sonic Adventure 2 was a hugemongous disappointment. Why did they get of the free-roam overworld map? Why???
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
^ Adventure 2 a disappointment? wat.

Quote by Macabre_Turtle
The first four games were of course some of the best games ever made.

Sonic Adventure was great, and if you think it died when it went 3D then frankly, you either didn't play the Adventure games or you're trying way to hard to be all 'cool retro gamer.'

Sonic Adventure 2 is one of my favorite games of all time.

Nearly every game after Sonic Adventure 2 and before Sonic Colors is admittedly garbage.

Sonic Colors had a pretty lame story, and it was perhaps a bit more childish than the Adventure games, but it was fun as hell, the cutscenes were funny, and the graphics are incredible for a non HD game, and most importantly - side scrolling.

Sonic Generations was brilliant. 3D and 2D remakes of levels from each generation. There is no way that can go wrong.

What I'm saying is Sonic went really bad after SA2, but he's found his stride again.

EDIT: I recall playing the GBA games an emulator a long long time ago, and I definitely enjoyed them, but I don't remember shit because I played them all within a matter of two days, I think.

All of this. I also though Heroes wasn't bad.

Sonic 4 EP II (I haven't played the first one) was meh. But the quasi-retro soundtrack was pretty good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2JdZT7zJ-I
I only played it now and then when I was over at my sis' house because they had a SEGA. I had an NES and a SNES so I was more of a Nintendo fanboy back in the day .

There's gonna be a comic book crossover between Sonic and Mega Man next year around March.
Sonic 2 was my favourite.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by CrimsonBizzare

All of this. I also though Heroes wasn't bad.

Sonic 4 EP II (I haven't played the first one) was meh. But the quasi-retro soundtrack was pretty good.

Heroes wasn't bad, but it was certainly downhill from SA2. Actually, my biggest problem was that it basically required you to play through the same game with slightly different pathways 4 times, so I stopped partway through the 3rd run.

I only played a demo of Sonic 4 EP I, and it was ****ing garbage. It in no way deserved the title of Sonic The Hedgehog 4. They could have given that title to any of the brilliant games that include side scrolling that are coming out now.

EDIT: Which reminds me, the music in the first 4 games is half of the reason I love them so much, and the remixed music in Sonic Generations was awesome.
Last edited by Macabre_Turtle at Oct 13, 2012,
Sonic Colors actually does look good based on what I just looked up.

And I just got a terrible memory. When I was 9-10 (you'd think I'd grown out of this by then) I was 'influenced' by the Sonic games and I suddenly remember trying to run like him in Wal Mart.
Quote by slipknot5678
Sonic Colors actually does look good based on what I just looked up.

And I just got a terrible memory. When I was 9-10 (you'd think I'd grown out of this by then) I was 'influenced' by the Sonic games and I suddenly remember trying to run like him in Wal Mart.
I had it and it was a good game. Just wasn't my cup of tea.
I use to play Sonic 1, 2 and Sonic & Knuckles at my friends house when I was a kid. At the time we didn't realise you could "lock-on" the other Sonic games to Sonic and Knuckles. I've never played Sonic 3 on an actual Mega Drive but I had it for PC (still got it somewhere).
I normally just play the Mega Drive Sonic games on this now:
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Last edited by Vampire 255 at Oct 14, 2012,
Page 3 of 3