███████████████████████████
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,632 IQ
That's dumb. Boo.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
devourke
Banned
843 IQ
First Obama. Then the EU. Odds are looking good that NZ might scoop us up one of these nobel peace prizes sooner or later.
AtaBorMan
UG's reclusive wanker
480 IQ
Sweden, what the fuck?
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!
2,960 IQ
Should just give it to Germany for not ripping the Greeks a new one.
jambi_mantra
Is actually English
740 IQ
I didn't even know they could do that
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!
2,960 IQ
Quote by Kensai
Coordinate attacks on Libya

Get nobel peace prize

Tell your people to get it together. (I know it isn't technically your people.)

Also, when will you be taking over the @Sweden twitter account?
Spaztikko
2,246 IQ
Jay Seeney for science prize, cuz he's in the science of sound, man...
Lemoninfluence
Masculist
1,223 IQ
Geir Lundestad, the Nobel committee secretary, has long wanted to give the EU the peace prize on the basis of post-war Franco-German reconciliation, because it “helped to consolidate democracy in Southern Europe” after the end of fascist regimes in Spain and Portugal and for its role in helping the transition in eastern Europe after the collapse of Communism.

And people still have a problem with it?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
duncang
Popular British sitcom
4,352 IQ
Fully deserved at some point but the only reason I can see for them giving it now is as encouragement to keep it together. Which is strange coming from Norwegians but there you go
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,632 IQ
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Yes. Boo, hiss, etc.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
Demon Wolf
GT's Iron Fisted Leader
1,902 IQ
Quote by AtaBorMan
Sweden, what the fuck?

For some silly reason, the Norwegians award the Peace Prize. While Sweden handles all the other ones.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
jambi_mantra
Is actually English
740 IQ
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Well I suppose they had to do it now before Spain turns fascist again, France and Germany resume their hatred over austerity and the eastern bloc revert back to communism
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
CoreysMonster
Banned
8,557 IQ
Winning the Nobel Peace Prize as a Union of countries is worth absolutely nothing. It changes nothing and is nothing but a pat on the back for the politicians to make them think they're doing a good job.

They are not.
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
425 IQ
Yes - the EU did deserve it and the committee regretted never giving it to them.

But still, timing isn't exactly great here is it... It's like patting half the member states on the back for being on the verge of financial collapse.

EDIT: Used patting back analogy right after Coreysmonster, now look silly Ah well, You and your great work-ethic brethren can keep it for actually sustaining the EU in the last year.
Last edited by a_7_x at Oct 12, 2012,
CoreysMonster
Banned
8,557 IQ
Quote by a_7_x
Yes - the EU did deserve it and the committee regretted never giving it to them.

But still, timing isn't exactly great here is it... It's like patting half the member states on the back for being on the verge of financial collapse.

EDIT: Used patting back analogy right after Coreysmonster, now look silly Ah well, You and your great work-ethic brethren can keep it for actually sustaining the EU in the last year.

Ah, but your point about the timing is excellent.

The people who in post-WWII Europe built everything up again and restored relations between the warring countries, THOSE people were the real heroes. They are the ones who deserved the prize. The Europe of back then proved to be strong, resourceful and commited to peace.

The Europe of today? Give me a break.
AtaBorMan
UG's reclusive wanker
480 IQ
Quote by Demon Wolf
For some silly reason, the Norwegians award the Peace Prize. While Sweden handles all the other ones.

That explains everything.

Also, did you know there's no Nobel Prize in economics?

It's Sveriges Riksbanks pris till minne av Alfred Nobel, or something along those lines.

Which roughly translates to Swedens National Bank's Prize in memory of Alfred Nobel.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Lord_Doku
ancient bass
1,984 IQ
EU wins the nobel peace prize...

It lost my respect when Obama got it, nothing's changed.
Lemoninfluence
Masculist
1,223 IQ
Quote by CoreysMonster
Winning the Nobel Peace Prize as a Union of countries is worth absolutely nothing. It changes nothing and is nothing but a pat on the back for the politicians to make them think they're doing a good job.

They are not.

It's recognition for the efforts of a group of people to bring economic stability to a war torn continent. Not only did they set groundwork for greater economic integration allowing for easier trade within Europe, they then went further and put in place mechanisms to ensure that member states respected the fundamental rights of their people.

It's not a pat on the back for the politicians today, it's recognition of the organisation's achievements. If it was intended for individuals, they'd give it to individuals.

Anyone who thinks they're congratulating the current MEPs for the achievements of the EU needs their heads checking.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
gabcd86
isn't French.
2,030 IQ
Makes more sense than giving it to Obama. The timing is silly, but a pretty sound choice nevertheless.
Lemoninfluence
Masculist
1,223 IQ
Quote by CoreysMonster
Ah, but your point about the timing is excellent.

The people who in post-WWII Europe built everything up again and restored relations between the warring countries, THOSE people were the real heroes. They are the ones who deserved the prize. The Europe of back then proved to be strong, resourceful and commited to peace.

The Europe of today? Give me a break.

I forgot that the peace prize was an annual award given only on the basis of people's actions in the previous calendar year.

Quote by element4433
CoreysMonster
Banned
8,557 IQ
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I forgot that the peace prize was an annual award given only on the basis of people's actions in the previous calendar year.

I didn't say that.

Quote by Lemoninfluence
It's recognition for the efforts of a group of people to bring economic stability to a war torn continent. Not only did they set groundwork for greater economic integration allowing for easier trade within Europe, they then went further and put in place mechanisms to ensure that member states respected the fundamental rights of their people.

It's not a pat on the back for the politicians today, it's recognition of the organisation's achievements. If it was intended for individuals, they'd give it to individuals.

Anyone who thinks they're congratulating the current MEPs for the achievements of the EU needs their heads checking.

There's a difference between what it's meant for and how it's perceived. Everybody knows that this is for Europe's work after WWII, the article said so itself, it's the timing that is so ridiculous.

Jeez, stop being so anal.
gabcd86
isn't French.
2,030 IQ
Quote by CoreysMonster
I didn't say that.

There's a difference between what it's meant for and how it's perceived. Everybody knows that this is for Europe's work after WWII, the article said so itself, it's the timing that is so ridiculous.

Jeez, stop being so anal.

It's probably (indeed, the statement said it was) meant as a reminder of all that important work - with all the ****ery going on with the EU these days, it gets buried easily.
Neo Evil11
Feminist
1,496 IQ
You wonder why they didn't give it earlier. Y'knew, at the time when the European Union was formed.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Kensai
49ers
4,147 IQ
Quote by daytripper75
Tell your people to get it together. (I know it isn't technically your people.)

Also, when will you be taking over the @Sweden twitter account?

Norwegians are not Swedes

And never, I'm not opinionated enough...

Quote by PeZ546
I don't understand...does this mean I can now say that, as a citizen of the EU, I'm a Nobel Prize recipient?

Gonna go ahead and guess not.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,632 IQ
You couldn't have rebuilt your war-torn economy if you'd lost the war.

Cogito ergo sum, the US deserves this prize.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Rossenrot
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
425 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr

You get the Nobel Prize for Colonial Endeavors.
flxjhnlrssn
36 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr

Wait, who are you talking to?

who lost what war? the EU?
pugachev
514 IQ
Things wouldn't have turned out the same without direct US involvement. War torn economies and massive Soviet influence over the region would have guaranteed a different outcome. I think the US is due its share of credit and a piece of that "prize".
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr

Practically all Americans are of European descent.

Latin ponce, the EU deserves this prize.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
duncang
Popular British sitcom
4,352 IQ
Nobel Peace Prizes aren't given out for good war strategy
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,632 IQ
Quote by flxjhnlrssn
Wait, who are you talking to?

who lost what war? the EU?

World War II, bb
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Rossenrot
flxjhnlrssn
36 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr
World War II, bb

Well Germany did loose that war, and afaik, they're a pretty big part of the EU
Lemoninfluence
Masculist
1,223 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr
World War II, bb

so you want a peace prize for winning a war?

Quote by element4433
Neo Evil11
Feminist
1,496 IQ
I think the Dutch should get the peace price. We didn't participate with World War 1 and we surrendered our country almost immediately in world war 2.

We didn't even fight in Yugoslavia >.>
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ