Page 2 of 3
Quote by Neo Evil11
I think the Dutch should get the peace price. We didn't participate with World War 1 and we surrendered our country almost immediately in world war 2.

We didn't even fight in Yugoslavia >.>

Psh, Sweden should get it then. We didn't surrender in WW2. We just let everyone push us around

Plus we hand out these peace prizes that everyone bickers about.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Lemoninfluence
so you want a peace prize for winning a war?

No but for helping rebuild devastated countries and economies, feeding the starving, and maintaining peace in the region? Absolutely.
Quote by Kensai
Psh, Sweden should get it then. We didn't surrender in WW2. We just let everyone push us around

Yeah, you people gave them the other cheek. We gave them our entire body. Jesus would like us more.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Lemoninfluence
so you want a peace prize for winning a war?

For ensuring the defeat of the Nazis, yes.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by ErikLensherr

I'm pretty sure the Americans didn't participate in the war because they thought the Nazis were bad. They participated because Nazis sank their trade ships that were going to make a profit in England.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by CoreysMonster
Winning the Nobel Peace Prize as a Union of countries is worth absolutely nothing. It changes nothing and is nothing but a pat on the back for the politicians to make them think they're doing a good job.

They are not.

That's pretty much my thoughts.

I mean, really...giving the EU the peace prize is like saying I (who have done absolutely zero to keep peace anywhere) deserve the Nobel peace prize.
Quote by pugachev
No but for helping rebuild devastated countries and economies, feeding the starving, and maintaining peace in the region? Absolutely.

something about the ends not justifying the means?

just because a war might someday end in peace doesn't mean you should get a pat on the back for it.

EDIT:
Quote by ErikLensherr

Last edited by Diamond Dave at Oct 12, 2012,
Quote by Neo Evil11
I'm pretty sure the Americans didn't participate in the war because they thought the Nazis were bad. They participated because Nazis sank their trade ships that were going to make a profit in England.

It was probably for a multitude of reasons, but what matters at the end of the day is that we went in, we kicked some A, we stopped Hitler and saved you and a gesture of appreciation would be nice is all.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by ErikLensherr
It was probably for a multitude of reasons, but what matters at the end of the day is that we went in, we kicked some A, we stopped Hitler and saved you and a gesture of appreciation would be nice is all.

We still honor your soldiers every year. I think that's a great gesture.

Plus we helped you guys in Afghanistan.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ErikLensherr

and he's still going!

here's an easily digestible article to get you started http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/russianow/opinion/7737591/Remember-the-Russian-peoples-role-in-World-War-Two-defeating-Nazi-Germany.html

may not have been covered in American History 1A
Quote by Diamond Dave
something about the ends not justifying the means?

just because a war might someday end in peace doesn't mean you should get a pat on the back for it.

EDIT:

I'm not talking about the war, I'm talking about the efforts after the war. The same efforts the EU is patting itself on the back for and ignoring the Americans contribution .
Quote by Diamond Dave
and he's still going!

here's an easily digestible article to get you started http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/russianow/opinion/7737591/Remember-the-Russian-peoples-role-in-World-War-Two-defeating-Nazi-Germany.html

may not have been covered in American History 1A

yeah I remember that when D-day finally came, Russia had already began their march towards berlin.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
We still honor your soldiers every year. I think that's a great gesture.

Plus we helped you guys in Afghanistan.

While not quite at the same level as Nazis, that is true and we appreciate it.

Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Quote by pugachev
I'm not talking about the war, I'm talking about the efforts after the war. The same efforts the EU is patting itself on the back for and ignoring the Americans conteibution .

No one is talking about the war. It's about not making other wars. That's what the EU has accomplished.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Kensai

You think that's good? You gave loads of metal to the Nazis for forging weapons.
The French are real peace heroes, they saw the Germans coming and said "hey, come in! Take my house, here's my daughter, here's some milk and there are the jews hiding in the attic! Is that everything you need or do you also need to know where the Sephardics are, because they're hiding with the Delacroix'."
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by Neo Evil11
No one is talking about the war. It's about not making other wars. That's what the EU has accomplished.

You just said you helped us in the war in Afghanistan. Wtf man.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Quote by Fat Lard
Quote by ErikLensherr
You just said you helped us in the war in Afghanistan. Wtf man.

On the ground of the European Union. Everyone who is outside of the Union can die for all we care.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11

Right...with the support of the US. All that monetary support and umbrella of US military protection helped insure that success is all I'm saying. I think that's a fair point.
Quote by pugachev
I'm not talking about the war, I'm talking about the efforts after the war. The same efforts the EU is patting itself on the back for and ignoring the Americans contribution .

yeah I know that happened too, but sorry it was 70 years ago. It wasn't ignored at the time.
Quote by Neo Evil11
On the ground of the European Union. Everyone who is outside of the Union can die for all we care.

Ah, you callous Euro bastards!

J/k.

Quote by TimTheWizard
You think that's good? You gave loads of metal to the Nazis for forging weapons.
The French are real peace heroes, they saw the Germans coming and said "hey, come in! Take my house, here's my daughter, here's some milk and there are the jews hiding in the attic! Is that everything you need or do you also need to know where the Sephardics are, because they're hiding with the Delacroix'."

I love your gross mischaracterization of the French in WW2. It's hilarious.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Oct 12, 2012,
Quote by pugachev
Right...with the support of the US. All that monetary support and umbrella of US military protection helped insure that success is all I'm saying. I think that's a fair point.

No-one is saying that the EU brought all the peace. And George Marshall received the peace prize in 1953 for his role. So... stop whining?
Quote by ErikLensherr

+1

Fucking daft and ungrateful Europeans.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I'm not denying the American contribution to WWII but it's really the Soviet Union that deserves the most credit for fighting on the bloodiest front of the entire war and tying up 4/5 of the Wehrmacht troops.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
I'm not denying the American contribution to WWII but it's really the Soviet Union that deserves the most credit for fighting on the bloodiest front of the entire war and tying up 4/5 of the Wehrmacht troops.

Though if there hadn't been the States, who knows how far West the Red Army would have gone...
Quote by gabcd86
Though if there hadn't been the States, who knows how far West the Red Army would have gone...

Yes you can not completely overlook any contribution, who knows what would have happened. Germany still had considerable quantities of quality troops tied up in Italy and France thanks to Allied efforts, troops that could've made a significant difference on the Eastern front.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
The Pit: tells people that being proud of your country's achievements is pathetic, and that patriotism is stupid; wants respect for an event that happened 50 years before their birth.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Nobel Peace prize continues to mean less and less...

Now if they had won a Razzie that would make sense, because I've been watching the 'Collapse of the EU' on TV now for quite some time, and it still sucks...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
This is a total joke. As a member of an EU country, I've been actively trying to start wars all over the world for years, and it feels like this is a slap in the face.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Meh. On face value this is even stranger than President Obama getting the prize, but it makes sense. They aren't giving it to any person, none of the people in power now are being honored, it's really for the contributions of all the European leaders in the past who fought to maintain peace and order and brought democracy. So I am okay with this. Timing is just weird is all.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Meh. On face value this is even stranger than President Obama getting the prize, but it makes sense. They aren't giving it to any person, none of the people in power now are being honored, it's really for the contributions of all the European leaders in the past who fought to maintain peace and order and brought democracy. So I am okay with this. Timing is just weird is all.

Well, I guess if you think about it, it's been 70 years since the Frogs and the Krauts have gotten properly tore into each other, which is like some sort of record.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Todd Hart
The Pit: tells people that being proud of your country's achievements is pathetic, and that patriotism is stupid; wants respect for an event that happened 50 years before their birth.

Pit Logic, nigga!

Edit:
@ErikLensherr: Shut it! As a fellow American, I want to say you're just wrong. The US helped win WWII, in cooperation with Europe. We didn't win it just by storming in there and being badasses, saving poor Europe in the process. Don't be so arrogant!
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Oct 12, 2012,
The war didn't end until the US was forced to enter. Do the math. Respect the bombs.
Quote by kaptink
Do you think I can add that to my CV?

I already have

It's a genuine award so why not
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Quote by bradulator
The war didn't end until the US was forced to enter. Do the math. Respect the bombs.

My fellow Americans...
Quote by Cb4rabid
This thread is now about iguanas.

I support this sentiment!

Look at that one, saying, "Bitch, please!"
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
My fellow Americans...

Says Benedict Arnold.
Iguana is a herbivorous genus of lizard native to tropical areas of Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. The genus was first described in 1768 by Austrian naturalist Josephus Nicolaus Laurenti in his book Specimen Medicum, Exhibens Synopsin Reptilium Emendatam cum Experimentis circa Venena. Two species are included in the genus Iguana: the Green Iguana, which is widespread throughout its range and a popular pet, and the Lesser Antillean Iguana, which is endemic to the Lesser Antilles and endangered due to habitat destruction.

The word "iguana" is derived from a Spanish form of the original Taino name for the species "Iwana".[1]

In addition to the two species in the genus Iguana, there are also several other related genera in the same family for which the common name of the species includes the word "iguana".
pinga