FrozenNile
869 IQ
My friend is trading me his old squire bullet (Just as a beater), and I know the reputation that these things have gotten, but how am I able to figure out what it's made of? Some people say that it's plywood, and others say that it's basswood. Can I just check the serial #? I'd really like to avoid stripping the paint off it.
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs
1,339 IQ
I think those chinese squiers might be agathis, but I dunno.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Darkdevil725
UG Freak
1,248 IQ
Usually they are agathis or alder. I have seen a few that are basswood though. But I have NEVER seen a plywood squier.
FrozenNile
869 IQ
Quote by Darkdevil725
Usually they are agathis or alder. I have seen a few that are basswood though. But I have NEVER seen a plywood squier.

I "inherited" an early 2000's Squier Strat from my cousin (I'm honestly not sure of the model), and the body is plywood. The neck is one of the most comfortable I've played though, believe it or not...
zenbone
King of two things...
1,385 IQ
a lot of squier's are very playable and great for starter to mid range guitars for the money. they get a bad rap but usually a quick pickup swap makes them pretty tight and great sounding guitars.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.