Ok, so I just got this Squier Vintage Modified Mustang and I decided to take all the strings off...

Well, it looks like I'm gonna have a hard ass time getting them back on because this bridge piece (I don't know what it's called) is pressed all the way down on the side where the B and E strings go...Also, it's so hard to even get the Low E string on. What did I do wrong??

EDIT In case you're wondering, I removed the string saddles.

Last edited by alicemalice at Oct 12, 2012,
If I recall its either spring loaded OR you can just raise it using the two screw on the top of the bar.
--- Joe ---
07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 || 77 Bradley LPC || 04 Ltd EC-1000FM ASB || 95/02 Fender Strat || 03 Epi LP 56 GT P90 || 04 Fender Tele
12 Martin GPCPA4 || 06 Ovation Elite-T
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Tech21 Trademark 10
Isn't that the bar you slide the strings through? The bridge is a little further up.
Upgraded HSS USA Fender American Series Strat
G&L USA 30th Anniversary Legacy
Laney Lionheart 20 112
Generic Boss DD-3
Blackstar Ht-1
and an old Beaten up dunlop Mr.Crybaby.

Hang on a second; If the strings won't fit, how did you get the old strings out to begin with?
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Quote by alicemalice
What did I do wrong??

Quote by alicemalice
I decided to take all the strings off...

The tailpiece bar is springloaded, if you had changed one string at a time no problem. Push the bar towards the neck, get low E on & tune to pitch, the angle will change & give more clearance, repeat with remaining strings
can i just ask where you got the guitar from? any place in n. america? looking for one.
are they good?