Page 2 of 2
Quote by valennic
I think anyone who focuses on style when they're buying a guitar are buying a guitar for the wrong ****in reason.

If you have a legitimate concern that a guitar is out of style, play for a few more years. Understand your instrument is not a fashion accessory.

This. So much this.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Yeah the Rhoads V is extremely comfortable to play, either sitting or standing. It's nicely balanced and fits very comfortably over your leg. I honestly find my RR3 the most comfortable guitar to play sitting down.
Quote by valennic
I think anyone who focuses on style when they're buying a guitar are buying a guitar for the wrong ****in reason.

If you have a legitimate concern that a guitar is out of style, play for a few more years. Understand your instrument is not a fashion accessory.

Well he never said he was exclusively going for style, I mean as far as we know he could just be asking for recommendations for what to buy withing his comfort range. Personally I got for these three things in this order 1)feel 2)sound 3)look , but what I'll do is I'll find guitars which fit into the first two criteria, then look within those for the third.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by NotTheMessiah30
Yeah the Rhoads V is extremely comfortable to play, either sitting or standing. It's nicely balanced and fits very comfortably over your leg. I honestly find my RR3 the most comfortable guitar to play sitting down.

I agree. I learned on a Les Paul shape and I played with it sitting on my left leg and later noticed that most people rest it on their right leg. When I got a RR it forced me to play in the position I wanted to but was also very comfortable. These days I can rest a guitar on either leg but when on my right leg it puts strain on my wrist when shredding/sweeping.

TC hearts change. When I got a V I was all about V's and 6 inline tuners, now I'm more of a Superstrat/ 3 a side guy. The V will always rise again though.
Checking with your parents about what's in style? Maybe get a second opinion from your grand parents.

Gosh,They might suggest some really swell guitars.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
^Speaking of older things and guitars, you seem to have a thing for old kramers.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by adamgur96
I think you should consider if a flying V is comfortable for you to play more than if it's 'out of style'.

Don't buy a guitar only because it looks good, buy it if it sounds good and feels comfortable for you.

This. I've played a flying v and they aren't too comfortable for me to play. I'm sure it would just take getting used to.
Doesn't matter if it's in style or not, what matter is HOW you play it

And it doesn't matter if some dood on the interwebs find that -core s*cks, what matters is if you enjoy it!

And I enjoy listening to As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, Protest the Hero, to name a few...
Page 2 of 2