Poll: Do you believe Colorado will be the first state to legalize marijuana?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe Colorado will be the first state to legalize marijuana?
Yes
108 51%
No
50 24%
drugfree 4 lyfe
52 25%
Voters: 210.
Page 4 of 5
Quote by Carnivean
IT PASSED!!! It's official. And also, I'm in Boulder, too.

The real question is when does the amendment go effective?

There is going to be a hilarious amount of smoking going on tomorrow.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by MAC2322

There is going to be a hilarious amount of smoking going on tomorrow.

Dude.. fuck yeah.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
is there an offical website that someone can link me to? i just cant believe this is true, but i hope so.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Oh and don't forget Washingon and Oregon!!
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by CodeMonk
Doesn't matter what the states do.
Fed law trumps state law.
Look at all the marijuana dispensaries that got raided not long ago in California by the feds ( Source ).

I remember years ago, not to long after Cali. passed the medical marijuana law, some guy got busted for pot in Yosemite (Which is federal land).

oral sex was illegal in georgia (and many other states under sodomy laws) until the 2000s. enforcement matters more than the letter of the law
Quote by captaincrunk
oral sex was illegal in georgia (and many other states under sodomy laws) until the 2000s. enforcement matters more than the letter of the law

Yeah, this is going to be similar to alcohol prohibition before it became legal, once the first few states do it, it will quickly escalate to all the other states in a few years and soon legal federally.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by Jostry
Oh and don't forget Washingon and Oregon!!

I made this thread a month ago. Wasn't giving any fucks about "Washingon" and Oregon.

Quote by TunerAddict
I'm very interested in how the Fed is going to react.

Me, too. Obama doesn't have the best record when it comes to this, but he also doesn't have to worry about re-election anymore.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Nov 7, 2012,
Quote by captaincrunk

3 new states that have just passed their legalization laws... the federal government can't keep scrambling to undo those laws for each new state forever. So it's a great start in the right direction.
Quote by Overlord
I wanna move to Colorado.

WOAH OH OH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHROxiv8-Xk
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I'm gonna make a thread posting a bunch of pictures of me smoking weed in a bar, out on a street, at a football game, in front of a cop, etc. Muhahahah
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean
I'm gonna make a thread posting a bunch of pictures of me smoking weed in a bar, out on a street, at a football game, in front of a cop, etc. Muhahahah

Better wait a month first.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Carnivean

inb4 the feds come after you.

that would be ridiculous, wouldn't it?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by StewieSwan
Better wait a month first.

Yes indeed.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
inb4 the feds come after you.

that would be ridiculous, wouldn't it?

They wouldn't be able to do anything to me. It would be very hard for them to penalize me.
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean

They wouldn't be able to do anything to me. It would be very hard for them to penalize me.

They could do whatever they wanted to you.

Be afraid.
Quote by Carnivean

I'm pretty sure the amendment states that you can only smoke weed in private. Also, it may take as long as July 1, 2013 to take effect.
Last edited by W4RP1G at Nov 7, 2012,
Congratz on the weed.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I wonder if South Park is going to make an episode about Colorado legalizing Marijuana.
Quote by Carnivean
3 new states that have just passed their legalization laws... the federal government can't keep scrambling to undo those laws for each new state forever. So it's a great start in the right direction.

they never even undo the laws, they just arrest dealers. This is more than a step imo. I'll bet less than 10% of people will end up in any trouble from the federal government.
Quote by W4RP1G
I'm pretty sure the amendment states that you can only smoke weed in private. Also, it may take until July 1, 2013 to take effect.

Nope. Personal use, growing, transporting, and purchasing will become legal within no less than 30 days of now, as soon as the Governor certifies everything. This is a stated provision on the amendment.

The amendment also states that the use of marijuana is not permitted "in a manner that endangers others". So, in other words, it could be like buying a beer at a sporting event, or at a bar.
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean
Nope. Personal use, growing, transporting, and purchasing will become legal within no less than 30 days of now, as soon as the Governor certifies everything. This is a stated provision on the amendment.

The amendment also states that the use of marijuana is not permitted "in a manner that endangers others". So, in other words, it could be like buying a beer at a sporting event, or at a bar.

So you can buy it, you can use it, and you can grow it.

But can you sell it?
http://www.regulatemarijuana.org/s/regulate-marijuana-alcohol-act-2012

Don't know if this is officially the law itself but it seems pretty legit. I'm to lazy to see if this was already posted, but take it a second time if necessary.
Quote by captaincrunk
didn't you read my post? they legalized oral sex only like ten years ago

I guess I wasn't very clear. I meant to say, "they never legalize anything I care about".
this is possibly the longest sentence outside of tolkein that I've ever read

Shall there be an amendment to the Colorado constitution concerning marijuana, and, in connection therewith, providing for the regulation of marijuana; permitting a person twenty-one years of age or older to consume or possess limited amounts of marijuana; providing for the licensing of cultivation facilities, product manufacturing facilities, testing facilities, and retail stores; permitting local governments to regulate or prohibit such facilities; requiring the general assembly to enact an excise tax to be levied upon wholesale sales of marijuana; requiring that the first $40 million in revenue raised annually by such tax be credited to the public school capital construction assistance fund; and requiring the general assembly to enact legislation governing the cultivation, processing, and sale of industrial hemp?
Quote by captaincrunk

Shall there be an amendment to the Colorado constitution concerning marijuana, and, in connection therewith, providing for the regulation of marijuana; permitting a person twenty-one years of age or older to consume or possess limited amounts of marijuana; providing for the licensing of cultivation facilities, product manufacturing facilities, testing facilities, and retail stores; permitting local governments to regulate or prohibit such facilities; requiring the general assembly to enact an excise tax to be levied upon wholesale sales of marijuana; requiring that the first $40 million in revenue raised annually by such tax be credited to the public school capital construction assistance fund; and requiring the general assembly to enact legislation governing the cultivation, processing, and sale of industrial hemp?

Welcome to the world of law.
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean

Do you happen to have a source? I can't find anything.
Quote by W4RP1G
Do you happen to have a source? I can't find anything.

I'm reading from my 2012 State Ballot Information Booklet sent to me in the mail.
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean
I'm reading from my 2012 State Ballot Information Booklet sent to me in the mail.

Ok, gotcha.
Quote by captaincrunk

really? i'm even more excited about this now than i was before.