S0n1c '97
Guava king
707 IQ
So I posted a bit of this song a while back, and I finished it recently. End of story. The chorus needs a rewrite but other than that, I love it.
Attachments:
5. Black Magic.gp5
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Last edited by S0n1c '97 at Oct 21, 2012,
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,597 IQ
It just sounds like Lamb of God with a piano in it. I cant really hear anything that would remotely class this is as black metal. What was your inspiration for it?
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,597 IQ
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
S0n1c '97
Guava king
707 IQ
When I say black, I don't mean the sound, I mean the styling. The lack of a scale, mainly, is what I'm talking about. Don't take it too seriously guys, I just want some critique
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,597 IQ
Quote by S0n1c '97
When I say black, I don't mean the sound, I mean the styling. The lack of a scale, mainly, is what I'm talking about. Don't take it too seriously guys, I just want some critique

Well, still sounds like LoG with a piano in it. Problem is, your song has scales. Loads of them, they just change mid bar from one slight variation to the next. This is a song without a set scale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv8b6RPbnAc

Literaly has nothing that would constitute as a key or scale. Even has bitonality experiments.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Ometh
UG Addict
3,913 IQ
Great post-grind funk with a touch of sunburn rock, southern jazz and samba crusty blast beat. A must read for every microwave food connoisseur! 10/10
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,130 IQ
Quote by Ometh
Great post-grind funk with a touch of sunburn rock, southern jazz and samba crusty blast beat. A must read for every microwave food connoisseur! 10/10

This has to be one of the best sentences I've ever read.
mardisaaron
981 IQ
I like it a lot...maybe work in some more piano parts throughout the song or something. Why does it say the instrument on the drum track is a piano instead of percussion?
Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer
~Flounder~
Trance/Metal Synth player
748 IQ
Really Cool, if not a tad generic. I would have loved to hear more going on with the piano, and maybe some added synth stuff (pads, leads, etc). I don't know where everyone is getting this 'black metal' thing, the name of the song is Black Magic (not black metal) so maybe that's what's going on. I think its groove/melodeath. Definitely has the lamb of god style verses and hook stuff. And as far as the 'scale' stuff the song just sticks to diminished (d) so yeah
Kurzweil K2500xs
silhouettica
Plays Red Instruments.
1,566 IQ
Just sayin, there is a scale. With the exception of a few runs in there, the song is in the D harmonic minor scale.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.