Page 1 of 4
Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Hi, I'm going to build a Rhoads style guitar, and I just wanna ask what people think of my design?

[
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
Headstock is too rounded but otherwise nice Jackson.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
Not many Rhoads guitars exist where the lower wing is longer than the upper one. (if it was left-handed)
Quote by Axelfox
Darkdevil725
UG Freak
1,248 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Not many Rhoads guitars exist where the lower wing is longer than the upper one. (if it was left-handed)

Yeah, but at the same time all the electronics are on the left side so if it isn't left handed then that means the electronics would be in the way while playing.
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
2,847 IQ
Very generic and boring. I'm not saying guitars have to totally original to be exciting, but you definitely shouldn't expect any praise for the design.

Also, functionality should be put above design, imo. At a glance, I'd say that the headstock that doesn't put the tuners inline with the nut slots is an example of choosing style over functionality, and the upper fret access is horrid. If you're not going to have a neck pickup, then you may as well extend the neck much more into the body and offer a significant cutaway to increase the high fret access.

Edit: Just realized that the wings are reversed. I like that.
Last edited by W4RP1G at Oct 21, 2012,
Darkdevil725
UG Freak
1,248 IQ
Quote by CustomAxe

Theres a few people on here with a similar guitar, its a cool idea that does not get done much.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Oct 21, 2012,
Bottle of Dirt
She called me...Horsey
383 IQ
Yay! I have a "V2" style guitar that's left handed that I play righty(longer horn on bottom) and it feels so much to me to play a body that way.

Like 99% of the people have and probably will say, make the headstock pointier.
Like someone else said, the longer horn should be sharper but less pointy.
I kind of feel like the tail piece is too far back as well(I know this isn't the final version but something you may want to look into).
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
OliOsbourne
545 IQ
the knobs confuse me
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Okay. The actual Headstock on the neck I have is similar to the Explorer head, I couldn't render it right.
It is a Right handed with Reversed headstock.
The main knob is volume, and the other will either be an Afterburner if I use EMG or a light switch if I think otherwise.
Thanks for the feedback guise, 'tis helpful.
Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Quote by W4RP1G
Very generic and boring. I'm not saying guitars have to totally original to be exciting, but you definitely shouldn't expect any praise for the design.

Also, functionality should be put above design, imo. At a glance, I'd say that the headstock that doesn't put the tuners inline with the nut slots is an example of choosing style over functionality, and the upper fret access is horrid. If you're not going to have a neck pickup, then you may as well extend the neck much more into the body and offer a significant cutaway to increase the high fret access.

Edit: Just realized that the wings are reversed. I like that.

Thanks for the feedback. I already have the neck and cannot change that. This is not exactly how the guitar will be, and I will most definitely give better fret access. Also, the tuners are inline on the actual neck.
Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Quote by Darkdevil725
Yeah, but at the same time all the electronics are on the left side so if it isn't left handed then that means the electronics would be in the way while playing.

You have a valid point mate, but I like it that way, it's not done much and it's easier to access.
Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Quote by Darkdevil725
Theres a few people on here with a similar guitar, its a cool idea that does not get done much.

Arby911
Finding the Pattern
832 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Headstock is too rounded but otherwise nice Jackson.

Jackson body, older Robin neck...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Darkdevil725
UG Freak
1,248 IQ
Quote by Wisthekiller
So it's right handed with the electronics in an inconvenient place?

Thats what keeps confusing me. But im just gonna assume its actually left handed and he just never mentioned it.
jonathan.keeler
1,888 IQ
the second one is stupid, but if you want the first, save your money and get this (on the bottom, practicaly the same thing. http://www.gitaar.net/forum/index.php/file/4/9514/alexi-350al_sw.jpg) . the best advice that i could give you is that you seem a bit undecicive so give it a few months with this design on your wall next to the light switch, if you get fed up with it then you dont get that guitar. same with a tattoo, but thats erelevent.
LeakyFlask
You know what would be really sweet? Having a beautiful bird inlaid around the first fret, taking a majestic dump with airborne droppings around the 5th, 7th, 9th frets and so on, with a graceful impact around the 22nd-24th.
Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Quote by Darkdevil725
Thats what keeps confusing me. But im just gonna assume its actually left handed and he just never mentioned it.

Dude... How many times?
IT'S RIGHT HANDED!
Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Guys, the whole plan has changed. With the parts I currently have I'll do a superstrat (with the reversed neck)
And afterwards, my own custom.
Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Right. Since everyone's been annoying, asking silly questions and asking questions that I've ALREADY answered. Here you F***ing go. Updated.
Oh, and some annoying Mod deleted my newer thread.
Last edited by Boonnoo666 at Oct 23, 2012,
The Dimery
346 IQ
Its looks like the sort of guitar a 12 year old would play to show that he is 'alternate', it looks generic as hell and that pentagram will just make you look pathetic to be frank.
Give me classy over badass any day.
edit - Grey and red sounds bloody terrible as a colour scheme aswell
Last edited by The Dimery at Oct 23, 2012,
Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Quote by The Dimery
Its looks like the sort of guitar a 12 year old would play to show that he is 'alternate', it looks generic as hell and that pentagram will just make you look pathetic to be frank.

Thanks for the feedback, what do you mean by 'Generic'?
Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Quote by The Dimery

Oh, and I'm not scrapping the pentagram. I do that as my way as kicking against mainstream society. Is there another colour scheme that you think would work?
jonathan.keeler
1,888 IQ
green and purple you f*cktard! putting a pentagram there is like putting blood on it or '666 devil worsh1p!)
LeakyFlask
You know what would be really sweet? Having a beautiful bird inlaid around the first fret, taking a majestic dump with airborne droppings around the 5th, 7th, 9th frets and so on, with a graceful impact around the 22nd-24th.
jonathan.keeler
1,888 IQ
if you want something that looks 'teh brootalz'. your best bet would be solid black with a white boarder.
LeakyFlask
Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Quote by jonathan.keeler
if you want something that looks 'teh brootalz'. your best bet would be solid black with a white boarder.

If you're referring to Metalcore 'br007alz'
No thanks. Anyway, I'm not a fan of black hardware on black, it's boring. But ta for the suggestion.
And I use the Pentagram because of my hate for mainstream Christian society, not Devil worship, which Satanism actually isn't.
Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Guys, just to clarify, I'm not a Metalcore 'super br07alz' guy.
I like Thrash/a bit of Death metal. And I love pentagrams. I like Brutál. Yes. The accent does something.
The Dimery
346 IQ
Quote by Boonnoo666
If you're referring to Metalcore 'br007alz'
No thanks. Anyway, I'm not a fan of black hardware on black, it's boring. But ta for the suggestion.
And I use the Pentagram because of my hate for mainstream Christian society, not Devil worship, which Satanism actually isn't.

Well you just need to look at my avatar to see I am a secular/anti-theistic/humanist,
And the pentagram says nothing against Christian society, its a pagan symbol which refers to a deity non-related to Christianity
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .
2,513 IQ
Kinda like the Rush logo IMO, at least that's what came to my mind.
And no, I can't say I like it much to be honest.
Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Quote by The Dimery
Well you just need to look at my avatar to see I am a secular/anti-theistic/humanist,
And the pentagram says nothing against Christian society, its a pagan symbol which refers to a deity non-related to Christianity

The reversed pentagram is an anti Christian symbol. The upwards Pentagram is pagan.
edit: You would know if you'd drawn loads on paper at a Church hosted Youth club
Last edited by Boonnoo666 at Oct 23, 2012,
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
I wouldn't call the pentagram "generic", just...evidence that you're trying too hard.

You might piss off some fundamentalist Christians, but Christian metal heads like myself won't look twice.

Certain pagans and neo-pagans may be ticked off at the continued commercialization/trivialization of their holy symbol, and of attempts to associate it with satanism.

But as for kicking against the mainstream? You're just conforming to a certain image that got fully commercialized by the 1980s by big record companies.

The reversed pentagram is an anti Christian symbol. The upwards Pentagram is pagan.

And when you're playing that guitar, with that design, it will be on its side. Symbolizing...?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Oct 23, 2012,
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,246 IQ
Quote by Boonnoo666

Ironic because Satanism is derived from mainstream Christianity itself. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
Quote by Axelfox
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 23, 2012,
Boonnoo666
IRL Skwisgaar
1,357 IQ
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I wouldn't call the pentagram "generic", just...evidence that you're trying too hard.

You might piss off some fundamentalist Christians, but Christian metal heads like myself won't look twice.

Certain pagans and neo-pagans may be ticked off at the continued commercialization/trivialization of their holy symbol, and of attempts to associate it with satanism.

But as for kicking against the mainstream? You're just conforming to a certain image that got fully commercialized by the 1980s by big record companies.

And when you're playing that guitar, with that design, it will be on its side. Symbolizing...?

1: How is that trying too hard? It's an attempt of controversy.
2: Good, I wanna piss off the fundamentalists.
3: Okay, maybe I won't use it not to offend Pagans, and Instead I'll use an inverted cross.
4: I'm pretty sure that was the style brought in by Death Metal bands.
5: Okay. You have a point there.
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
I mean, if you want to say anti-Christian without seeming passé, put a cross in one of those red barred circle symbols like you'd see denoting a no-smoking or no-photography zone.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.