I have a Fender telecaster 72' reissue(2004) and a Fender Standard (1993) both mexican and I'm looking for a Gibson SG Standard however...

Ive seen 2 sg around my area...
this one(Epiphone SG custom shop honeyburst)
http://www.guitar-museum.com/uploads/guitar/120/190250210658-1.jpg

and this one (Gibson SG special blue mist)
http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/jeffwith1f/default/Blue_Mist_SG_Special--large-msg-121902791307.jpg

the Epiphone guy asked to trade my teli for his SG and the Gibson guy asked for both of my guitars to trade for his SG...whats your opinion guys?
I've never seen an SG-type guitar that looked like that Epi!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
it looks killer man, reminds me of a guitar I used to have(LTD viper 400)

but the deal is the price man, he is asking for a guitar thats about 150-200 dlls more expensive that his and I'm REALLY looking for a Gibson Sg Standard...I asked for that epiphone because looks like it might get the job done while I get a Gibson...and the Gibson guy is kinda asking too much for his guitar IMO
Last edited by Radiation23 at Oct 22, 2012,
If you want a Gibson, wait until you can get a Gibson. You probably won't be happy, otherwise.

If you want an SG, look for a good SG.

In a trade situation, I wouldn't let a small price differential kill the deal...at least, not before asking if he can sweeten the deal a bit. If not, I'd have to ask what I really thought of the deal overall, because it is the rare trade in which each party feels they got a great deal.

But there are a lot of SG-type guitars out there,from guitar makers all over the world.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
I see I see.

the problem is that people around here dont even offer for my guitars and the ones who do are a fking joke...thats why I know I have not much to choose but the ones that accept guitar-guitar trade...

maybe I should trick the Gibson guy telling him that I will trade my 2 guitars for his and then when I'm checking if it is a fake or real gibson and checking the sound tell him that I'm not feeling the sound and hope he accepts only my teli
Well, as I as a Fender/Music Man guy i really don't get that you want to trade your guitar for another. I would suggest getting he Gibson but keep your favorite Fender just in case
Quote by marianoarnaiz
Well, as I as a Fender/Music Man guy i really don't get that you want to trade your guitar for another. I would suggest getting he Gibson but keep your favorite Fender just in case

I really like the sound of the teli but to be honest I had a epiphone les paul custom few days before selling it and I got in love with the neck thats why I'm looking for a Gibson
the simple reality is that the gibson is overpriced. your two guitars together are worth pretty close to $1000 (assuming they are in decent shape), and you can easily get a new SG standard without spending much more than that (actually, you could get a new Gibson SG for under a $1000 if you were willing to go the online route). A used gibson SG standard is worth the tele plus a little cash

be patient and wait for the right SG to come along. waiting isn't the most fun thing to do, but jumping on a bad deal is even worse. getting that epiphone G-400 honey burst isn't going to solve your issues.

also, that exact G-400 honeyburst in the photo is the second one that comes up when you google the model name. it sold for under $300. I'm not saying that the owner is being dishonest, but I always get suspicious when the photo is plucked from google
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things...
Quote by krehzeekid
the simple reality is that the gibson is overpriced. your two guitars together are worth pretty close to $1000 (assuming they are in decent shape), and you can easily get a new SG standard without spending much more than that (actually, you could get a new Gibson SG for under a $1000 if you were willing to go the online route). A used gibson SG standard is worth the tele plus a little cash

be patient and wait for the right SG to come along. waiting isn't the most fun thing to do, but jumping on a bad deal is even worse. getting that epiphone G-400 honey burst isn't going to solve your issues.

also, that exact G-400 honeyburst in the photo is the second one that comes up when you google the model name. it sold for under $300. I'm not saying that the owner is being dishonest, but I always get suspicious when the photo is plucked from google

I knew the epiphone guy was pushing too far the price...I think I'm waiting few weeks to see if I get a good deal just like you said or sell them so I can buy a used SG standard at GuitarCenter-online.

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS.
you enlightened me krehzeekid!

I see he told me wrong the model IT IS a Epiphone G-400 Deluxe not a Epiphone custom shop
google is an amazing tool, isn't it...
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things...
Quote by nufang
this is my classic one, very style, you see: *removed*

Reported the adbot.

Carry on.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I got offered 2 gibsons for them
1 guy offered me a SG 61 reissue and another guy offered me a LP custom...guess what? both were fakes