ktullu98
I like it Heavy
20 IQ
Thoughts on good pups for a strat, looking for a decent blues/clean mix. I currently have the Texas Special ones on but for some reason the sound just isnt sitting well with me.
sk8board3r
Just call me Gary
50 IQ
The fat 50's custom shop are pretty sweet, look into the fender noiseless too since the hum can be irritating. Also theres lace sensors which are worth looking into, you can pick exactly what you need for the tones you're chasing.

Or you could do what I'm planning on doing, dropping a couple DiMarzio humbuckers in it and turn it into a monster haha
Reverend Reeves Gabrels Sig
Fulltone
Dunlop
BOSS
Deltalab
Orange
Hughs & Kettner

https://soundcloud.com/gary-vanluling
Check out some of my home stuff !
UX1 & Ez Drummer

(listen to the Ode to Tarantino!)
sg4ever
clashof the coconuts
421 IQ
Take a look at Lollar pickups on lollarguitars.com. Their vintage blackface or vintage tweed sets might be worth looking into. They do cost a bit more per pup than the usual offerings from Fender, Seymour Duncan, and Dimarzio, but you might like them enough to spend the coin. I'm getting one of their sets for a Tele, eventually.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Ernie Ball Volume Jr
Joyo Sweet Baby OD
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
170 IQ
I've only played stock MIM, American Noiseless, Texas Specials, and Custom Shop '69s... But the CS69s are by far my favorite.

My guess is you can do better for the same money though, since they are pretty pricey.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
440 IQ
from the big 2, i really like the duncan ssl1s. in the US they shouldn't be too pricey.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

sg4ever
clashof the coconuts
421 IQ
It might help if you told us what exactly you want to sound like. Blues/clean mix is a bit vague and could mean a lot of sounds.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Ernie Ball Volume Jr
Joyo Sweet Baby OD
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
gumbilicious
beginner
250 IQ
i am super happy with my suhr pups. i got the V60's.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
monwobobbo
60 IQ
lace sensors. they are super quiet and have a broader frequency range than most other pups.
ikey_
370 IQ
lace or sheptone.

http://sheptone.com

i know a small community of guitar teachers / musicians that are either endorsed by them or refuse to use anything but them. and coming from guys that literally will use any gear at any price to get what they want, that says a lot.

and, they all sound awesome (or perhaps thats because they make a living playing guitar)
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)