EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by ihartfood
damn, I love this thread.

mastodon is doomy sometimes too, oblivion especially.

Wait a minute, any opinions on the EH Graphic Fuzz? looks like a cool idea

Yeah. Mastodon can get doomy as hell. Especially on The Hunter. haha.

My opinion on the graphic fuzz. It just doesn't sound that good. Hahaha.
+1

This 'Curl of the Burl' riff is so juicy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3LLX9ThXjI

Not sure if everyone would consider it Doom/Stoner but it sure has a doomy feel to it. Plus I have no idea what he is singing about

(sorry about the advertisement)
Oh that riff is doomy as ****. hahaha.

The song is about drug addicts going into the woods and cutting down really nice Burl illegally and selling it to wood workers so they can then go buy drugs. Brann said he saw it on an episode of 'Intervention'.

I just love the line "I killed a man, 'cause he killed my goat. I put my hands, around his throat."
Because I love my goats, and I would kill a man for them.

Heavy indeed.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^

"He tried to reason with the sky and the clouds. But it didn't matter, 'cause they can't hear a sound. Oh oh"

This thread kicks ass. Even better with the discussion of the meaning to Curl of the Burl.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
311, first of all how the **** don't I know your name?

his white slave name is 311.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious

Fair enough. I don't know your name either and I've seen you around so much the passed few years. This community is relatively small. Love GG&A.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Nice dude! You have a tumblr? I'll throw your board on my ****yeaheffectspedals blog if you're cool with it!

http://acidreign.tumblr.com

The grey pedal is a Rat Clone with a clean blend, clipping switch a ruetz mod blend.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt

Fair enough. I don't know your name either and I've seen you around so much the passed few years. This community is relatively small. Love GG&A.

that's cuz there is already a more popular dan who is the top poster in the WTLT thread. and i never really say what my name is unless it's a PM.

i am around alot, but i don't have nearly as many posts as the more visible members.

seriously though... i have no idea what 311's name is. he even signs his PM's 311. you never even see a shot of him in his BBQ pics. i made the comment that he must be a 300 lbs somoan with all the BBQ he eats... but he doesn't bite and show a pic.

i think greg has been over his house, he probably knows his real name AND what he looks like.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
that's cuz there is already a more popular dan who is the top poster in the WTLT thread. and i never really say what my name is unless it's a PM.

i am around alot, but i don't have nearly as many posts as the more visible members.

seriously though... i have no idea what 311's name is. he even signs his PM's 311. you never even see a shot of him in his BBQ pics. i made the comment that he must be a 300 lbs somoan with all the BBQ he eats... but he doesn't bite and show a pic.

i think greg has been over his house, he probably knows his real name AND what he looks like.

Haha, right on. I used to be in the PBT a whole lot. But lately I've been staying in the Post Rock Thread.
I started this because I wasn't privy to any other doom thread and HCFX loads like hell. So I'd rather just be here at UG. Hahaha.
Mastodon is my favorite actual metal band, I love how those guys mix those elements you guys commented, they got some sludge, stoner and doom flavor over their guitar riffs. They are gonna be presenting live on a kick ass festival. Take a look http://www.maquinariafest.com/mx-gdl/line-up/

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by Perverockstar69
Mastodon is my favorite actual metal band, I love how those guys mix those elements you guys commented, they got some sludge, stoner and doom flavor over their guitar riffs. They are gonna be presenting live on a kick ass festival. Take a look http://www.maquinariafest.com/mx-gdl/line-up/

Nice! I've got his amps except for the Marshall @ 1:58.
I love it - it's just about perfect. Mid 90s model, very clean, came with Seymour Duncans and an Ebony Fretboard and I bought it for $500au sent from Japan. I'm a few weeks away from my EGC being finished. I've been saving up my monies for a long time.

To be honest, i've been listening to lots of 00/90s Hardcore recently. Doom and Hardcore go together like Bacon and Cheese.

And:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88lnGiTZCo0
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by silly hats at Oct 27, 2012,
*****s, Kowloon Walled City, Kylesa and Red Fang have been giving me my Doom/Stoner kicks recently.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Kylesa and Red Fang are fantastic.

And Ben you're not allowed here because you sold the Red Matamp...

<.<

>.>

Just kidding, I still love you anyways,

Though, your old Yammy and the Red would have been the PERFECT rig... You ****. haha
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Acid Bath is my favorite. its a shame they didn't last longer. i think john wayne gacy cover art should say enough, and the fact that the album was banned from australia temporarily

http://youtu.be/D90saV6mm70

The albums they could have done had the bass player not died
Quote by gumbilicious

lol

Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
311, first of all how the **** don't I know your name?
Secondly, how heavy can the quick rod get? And how clean?

Well, that's probably because I don't give out my real name on forums. I need whatever little bit of anonymity I can keep. Mainly because I use company property to hang out here.

Quote by gumbilicious

Yeah - Greg and Kevin have both been over here. You are welcome too any time.

And just to set your mind at ease that I am not a 300 lb samoan ....

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Dec 23, 2012,
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Kylesa and Red Fang are fantastic.

And Ben you're not allowed here because you sold the Red Matamp...

<.<

>.>

Just kidding, I still love you anyways,

Though, your old Yammy and the Red would have been the PERFECT rig... You ****. haha

Worst 2 decisions I have ever made. All I want now is a new Matamp and a Yammy SG.

If I get this full time job, dreams may well become reality

Also, the Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom, with a muff set to low gain up front of it. Is a delicious doomy treat.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

I want the Fuzzhugger so bad, I was about to get one but a nice cab came in my way, couldn't resist.

RA can do Mastodon all day. Kelliher roads with one actually xD. I love the tone it gets with my new Orange PPC212OB. Ippon, out of the cabs you have which speakers do you think matches the RA best? I've only tried these V30's and a Bassman 2x15 cab (don't know which speakers were inside).

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Oct 28, 2012,
Quote by Perverockstar69
I want the Fuzzhugger so bad, I was about to get one but a nice cab came in my way, couldn't resist.

RA can do Mastodon all day. Kelliher roads with one actually xD. I love the tone it gets with my new Orange PPC212OB. Ippon, out of the cabs you have which speakers do you think matches the RA best? I've only tried these V30's and a Bassman 2x15 cab (don't know which speakers were inside).

The ManOWar and Governor combo has the same tone/feel as the T75 and V30 in the Bogner Uberkab which also works very well with most high gain amps.

Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Dude try an Eminence Governor and Wizard combo. Love that.

I love the Wizard's tight low end, specially paired with the Red Fang for classic or dinosaur rock.

If your amp isn't naturally heavy, the Swamp Thang and MOW works well, for me. Nice low from ST and top end from the MOW.

BTW, those are the combos that work well in the mix, for me. Bassist has an 810 and the drummer is pretty loud.
So, would the ManOWar be the T75 equivalent? I already got V30's. Eminence prices are delicious!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Yea, the MOW sounds really close to the T75; however, I'd match the Celestion V30s with Celestion T75s. The Chinese-made T100s actually sound very nice with the V30s and their sensitivity are pretty close if not equal.

In the cabs I tried, the MOW + V30 sounded a bit odd. YMMV.
All right, I'll look for the Celestion, thank you.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
I've always been about the V30s/T75s. But I was talking to this dude who works on cabs and tours pretty regularly and he said he swapped his V30s for Governors and his T75s for Wizards and had fantastic results. Also gave me some tips on making some cabs more efficient.
Then I tried out his 1960BV he doctored up and put the Gov/Wiz combo in and it sounded incredible. Haha.
Quote by gumbilicious
that's cuz there is already a more popular dan who is the top poster in the WTLT thread.

Just because I post a lot doesn't mean anyone listens...

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Yes they are. Most fuzzes work. Stoner depends on the kind of riffs, the sound you get out of your amp and guitar, how you use the fuzz, etc..

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich