Page 3 of 10

With a Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz V2 and my Schecter C7 w/BKP Cold sweat was doomy as fuck. Sucks I had to move to an apartment for school. >( Now all I have is my Baron Snott Watt and no proper cab. Not doomy as fuck.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
It did. Combined with the Musket Fuzz, it was insane.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by shaggydogJV
It did. Combined with the Musket Fuzz, it was insane.

Muskets certainly are my favourite! LOve my Blunderbuss. Miss my V1 Musket though.
Ill contribute the Goblin if they havent been done so yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlGW6SPKDVo

I saw them with Down recently, brutal crowd, totally unforgiving, im 9st and pretty much died, totally worth it.

And how come you tired of the Orange dude. Still rocking mine, though I dont play as much anymore... It looks pretty though.

=(

Oh yeh, obligatory rig picks, haven't changed anything in ages.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Beckyyyyy

The cleans on the TH30 were not doing it for me. It also wasn't as loud as I desired. Keep in mind that I went from a Sunn Model T Reissue to the Orange. haha.
The gain channel was neat but it also couldn't get me what I wanted.

The Budda absolutely NAILS what I was looking for. It's cleans are not too dissimilar from my AC30 I had a while back and the gain channel is tasty, not quite as much gain as the TH30 but it has enough to nail Mastodon and shit.

This is a clip of my dad and I jamming on this Doom riff I've been playing around with for my project with my blacksmithing buddy.
http://www.mediafire.com/?18zcyj8pl9hnkgs

This is just EC-1000>Budda. No pedals, no extension cabs.
My dad doesn't play doom and this was the first run.
There is this awesome moment of feedback where my Budda sounded awesome as shit and we look at each other and then stare at the amp like, "How the **** does it sound like that?" the clip doesn't do that bit justice but I start walking away and someone we jump right back into the riff and it was the greatest experience I've ever had jamming with my dad. hahaha.
Yes they are! Give me more guys! Which other bands do you recommend? Stoner, doom and sludge !

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
I've been listening to Baroness, Red Fang, Clutch (not necessarily sludge but has some of it), Mastodon, Indian; I discovered Orange Goblin & Sleep thanks to you guys, LOVE IT... I listened to Bongzilla, it's nice but not great IMO.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Bongripper is rad.

I'm not really into stoner culture, so bands like that are hard for me to get into. I heard this song called SuperDoom I think by a band called Stoner Kabob. It was pretty Earth-y. I didn't hate it.
Quote by Perverockstar69
Yes they are! Give me more guys! Which other bands do you recommend? Stoner, doom and sludge !

Shape of Despair, Nortt, and Weedeater.
^
^^

Checked!! Awesome bands! I'll listen more from them.

Thank you all, great stuff for sure, this thread delivers!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
http://youtu.be/sO7VP34n2Ps

I use a Laney AOR50 Series II into an Avatar 2x12 loaded with an old Celestion G12K-85. Unfortunately I have to take the Laney in to get repaired.
Marching in this labyrinth village
Troll-king claims his maverick throne
Wretching in his cavernous castle
Chewing on flesh, gnawing on bones!
Fo reals, i love the cleans, got a 5751 in there just to make it that little bit sweeter.

Yeah its hard to call it a real stoner amp when it doesnt pump a megawatt of bass into your chest. But its cool for me at home. Though id love a GT4 or a Mini Rock still.

The budda sounds sweet, i imagined it'd sound a bit smoother than that, theyre marshalls though right at the bare bones.

Dark riff, youve inspired me to pick up the old banjo.

Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Beckyyyyy

The cleans on the TH30 were not doing it for me. It also wasn't as loud as I desired. Keep in mind that I went from a Sunn Model T Reissue to the Orange. haha.
The gain channel was neat but it also couldn't get me what I wanted.

The Budda absolutely NAILS what I was looking for. It's cleans are not too dissimilar from my AC30 I had a while back and the gain channel is tasty, not quite as much gain as the TH30 but it has enough to nail Mastodon and shit.

This is a clip of my dad and I jamming on this Doom riff I've been playing around with for my project with my blacksmithing buddy.
http://www.mediafire.com/?18zcyj8pl9hnkgs

This is just EC-1000>Budda. No pedals, no extension cabs.
My dad doesn't play doom and this was the first run.
There is this awesome moment of feedback where my Budda sounded awesome as shit and we look at each other and then stare at the amp like, "How the **** does it sound like that?" the clip doesn't do that bit justice but I start walking away and someone we jump right back into the riff and it was the greatest experience I've ever had jamming with my dad. hahaha.
The TH30 was a great deal quieter, cool amp but I just desired more from the EQ. Especially when I get into playing more Coheed type stuff.

And I've been working on a song around that riff for some time, think I've got a little more going finally. Haha, too bad I don't have any friends, jamming alone kinda blows..
Not really doom, more post-metal with some doom influences but Isis, Callisto, Rosetta, Ocean, Pelican. Mouth of the Architect is another one. Has anyone mentioned Black Tusk, Cult of Luna or The Sword? Empires? Intronaut? Neurosis is SORTA doomy at times...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Fuggin' Dopethrone mannnnn.

So you guys should post more awesome pictures of your gear.

Here's an old as piss picture of some Bongripper gear.
Haha, all the strats!

Any of you looking into a Carbon Copy? Trying to move one. haha. Pretty much new, has the box and stuffs.
^^ that strap on the floor, I have one! I still haven't quite gotten the hang of using it...haha. You got yourself a sweet little rig there. lovin the cherry burst jazz bass.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
311, first of all how the **** don't I know your name?
Secondly, how heavy can the quick rod get? And how clean?

Sorry - I meant to follow up with you on this. When you say heavy do you mean tight metal heavy or doom heavy? Stand-alone or with pedals?

Mike - what the **** is post metal anyway?

Quote by R45VT

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Sorry - I meant to follow up with you on this. When you say heavy do you mean tight metal heavy or doom heavy? Stand-alone or with pedals?

Mike - what the **** is post metal anyway?

Post Metal is like Pelican and Russian Circles.

And I mean, I can get tight heavy metal and doom from my Budda. So does the Quick Rod have a **** ton of gain or?
And definitely stand alone.

Also, teh cleanz?
People need to post doomy rigs. That's what needs to happen. People can look up music on their own. Talk about teh doomz and teh gearz.
Don't know man, I do appreciate a lot to get music recommendations since I'm melomaniac and Stoner, Doom and Sludge are the genres I most like a this very moment.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
I don't have mine up and running yet for that. I have my mkV combo operational.

I have a DSL401, Krankenstein +, on old Crate BV I modded... building a 2x12 cab right now. Once that is complete I will breakdown and order a fuzz. Those amps just sit under the bed in my office...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
^That's some serious shit man! I offered my HW1 for a DSL, the guy didn't answer then I got the JS, I like those amps... and a MKV??? :O Damn you xD!!

I'm the same situation as you on getting a fuzz, I want the Algal Bloom, I've been wanting one of those for a year or two, it's almost time...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by Perverockstar69
^That's some serious shit man! I offered my HW1 for a DSL, the guy didn't answer then I got the JS, I like those amps... and a MKV??? :O Damn you xD!!

I'm the same situation as you on getting a fuzz, I want the Algal Bloom, I've been wanting one of those for a year or two, it's almost time...

I have too many. Its a shame as I don't really have time to play often. I guess its one of those things. When you have no money you have all the time.. when you have a little money you have no time. Such is life.

VishNu- what is a good doomy fuzz?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
People need to post doomy rigs. That's what needs to happen. People can look up music on their own. Talk about teh doomz and teh gearz.

i run an OD into a '69 sunn 1200S or i just run my anniversary OR50H into my PPC212.

DOOM.

punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Oct 30, 2012,
Quote by R45VT

VishNu- what is a good doomy fuzz?

Blunderbuss Musket is my favourite. The Pharaoh is great. The Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard Fuzz sounds dope. I'm out of my head at the moment those are the three that came to mind.

Quote by gumbilicious
i run an OD into a '69 sunn 1200S into my PPC212.

DOOM.

**** you, Gumbi. 1200S is the amp I wish I had...

EDIT: OH! DOUBLE **** YOU, for that H&K...
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
**** you, Gumbi. 1200S is the amp I wish I had...

EDIT: OH! DOUBLE **** YOU, for that H&K...

H&K is not mine. kinda glad too, that amp is not my style... i am getting a CEC brigand and that is my style.

1200S has all original tubes too. not much native OD to speak of but that damn amp will swallow anything in front of it very well. so clean too

you are the only one that craved a 1200S, that is like my dream sunn and i am so lucky to get it. loud though, so loud it is kinda hard to use.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae