Page 4 of 10
Quote by gumbilicious
H&K is not mine. kinda glad too, that amp is not my style... i am getting a CEC brigand and that is my style.

1200S has all original tubes too. not much native OD to speak of but that damn amp will swallow anything in front of it very well. so clean too

you are the only one that craved a 1200S, that is like my dream sunn and i am so lucky to get it. loud though, so loud it is kinda hard to use.

That Brigand is nice. Not my cup of tea.

And the 1200S has always been the one I wanted. It's why I picked up my Spectrum I, it was the closest I could get. Then I traded that for my Fender (Sunn) Model T RI. I just want a 1200S. Then I'll stop giving ****s about everyone. I'll have a tech go through it and make it bomb-proof and then I'll get a case for it and then I will play guitar until I die...
Did somebody say doom rigs?

Waiting on an SLO for dem HoF toanz.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Just because I'm booteak out the ass doesn't mean I don't doom hard.

EDIT: Besides, they hate what I did to my Custom and they very much dislike my gainy amps and my molestation of the Klon and Cornish boxes.

EDIT2: They also really dislike my use of the D*A*M fuzzes but Dave tuned those specifically for doom so **** em.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Oct 30, 2012,
IMO the Pharaoh sounds better than the Musket, sounds more natural and dark.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
I dunno. I really like the Pharaoh but the Musket is so damn aggressive and huge sounding. Pharaoh needs to be run into a slightly dirty amp for real doom while the Musket can get doom out of a Champ. That said, I do miss my custom Pharaoh.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Just because I'm booteak out the ass doesn't mean I don't doom hard.

EDIT: Besides, they hate what I did to my Custom and they very much dislike my gainy amps and my molestation of the Klon and Cornish boxes.

EDIT2: They also really dislike my use of the D*A*M fuzzes but Dave tuned those specifically for doom so **** em.

I approve of your ways.

And I've much preferred my muskets to the Pharaohs.
Yep, the Musket is pretty damn aggressive, I like it, but there is something on the Pharaoh I quite like. I'm also digging the Mojo Hand Colossus! I'd like to try one myself. Please note this guys, I know these fuzzes only by clips and videos, still haven't got any chance to try one .

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Oh, see, there is the difference. There is something I quite like about the feel and sound of the Musket that I didn't get when I played the Pharaoh. I don't even go by clips anymore. They are never even the same. haha.
My stoner rig, no pics (yet):

Gibson SG/LAG Roxanne 500 > Pharaoh Fuzz/Blakemore Effects Octadrive > JCA50H

That's the simple version of it... I have more pedals, but to get somefter OD and Dist, no for the heavy stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGdbYNK9-Gs
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
That Brigand is nice. Not my cup of tea.

And the 1200S has always been the one I wanted. It's why I picked up my Spectrum I, it was the closest I could get. Then I traded that for my Fender (Sunn) Model T RI. I just want a 1200S. Then I'll stop giving ****s about everyone. I'll have a tech go through it and make it bomb-proof and then I'll get a case for it and then I will play guitar until I die...

i heard those model T RI are actually quite nice. i am more than sure you get more natural OD outta your model T than i get out my 1200S, esp since your's prob has a master volume. still wouldn't sell the 1200S for the world though.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
The RI Model Ts are a lot tighter and modern sounding from what I've heard. The circuit is certainly nothing like the original.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by gumbilicious
i heard those model T RI are actually quite nice. i am more than sure you get more natural OD outta your model T than i get out my 1200S, esp since your's prob has a master volume. still wouldn't sell the 1200S for the world though.

They are okay. They are actually very, very similar to the Pro Twin. There isn't a whole lot of special shit about it. It was nice. Not that great. Natural overdrive is dumb. I want an amp that's clean too long but isn't a fender twin.

Quote by mmolteratx
The RI Model Ts are a lot tighter and modern sounding from what I've heard. The circuit is certainly nothing like the original.

Yeah, they are not even sort of similar. Only compared by name. Honestly, I don't think the original is FUCCCKKKING INCREDIBLE. But they are super rad and I'd like to have one.
Quote by mmolteratx

Waiting on an SLO for dem HoF toanz.

So, after Randy, me, and you, that'll be 3 regular posters with SLOs?

You want huge sound, Twin Jet + VH4 with proper cabs that don't create or cancel certain frequencies(?).

Have you experienced that weird sound/something when you play 2 amps in stereo, no matter how you position the cabs? I have to use the same type cabs/speakers to not get the weird shit.
Yea, it's a bit tricky. Though I find the V30 loaded Diezel cab and the K-100 loaded Orange cab actually sound pretty great together, regardless of the amps being run through both. You might want to check the wiring of your cabs to make sure they're in phase.

And yes, I still want a Twin Jet. Sell me one. I think that and an SLO in stereo would be the bomb.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Matt why the **** are you selling the Echoczar?! You should send it to me for like a week as a christmas present so I can at least say I played one.

nice VK
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Matt why the **** are you selling the Echoczar?! You should send it to me for like a week as a christmas present so I can at least say I played one.

Already sold and will be in the mail tomorrow. Funding an SLO between that and the Klon. Plus the RE-301 sounds like a better Echoczar.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

There's an Echoczar like mine but with a diamond plate finish on TGP for $650. Though it's kinda poopy without the Angelbaby extension.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Blunderbuss Musket is my favourite. The Pharaoh is great. The Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard Fuzz sounds dope. I'm out of my head at the moment those are the three that came to mind.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll pick a fuzz up in a month or two.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
For how much?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Haha, well considering it's condition and it being so dear to me I'm not trying to sell it for less than $165 shipped and paypal'd ConUS. But I hope I don't have to. I'd rather sell my interface and my Carbon Copy first.
I'm in Mexico xD

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by Perverockstar69
I'm in Mexico xD

What part of Mexico are you in?

And Vish- aren't those going for 185 new? I could be totally off as I have my head up my ass on pedals.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
They sure are. Like I said, I'm not trying to let it go. hahaha. I don't want to sell it at all, it's better than both my Very Special Twosome and my V1 Musket was. And it's #003. And it's in mint condition.

Shit is perfect.
Michoacan, it's like 4 hours away from Mexico city.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by Perverockstar69
Michoacan, it's like 4 hours away from Mexico city.

I was in Leon a few weeks ago. Loved it. People drive like the world is going to end in 5 minutes. Food was great even for my gringo ass.

And Vish- you aren't ready to part with it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Dude Leon's transit is more chilled than my city's xD. But yeah, I think Mexican food is delicious, it's so diverse. Now, OT, what do you guys prefer for stoner, stacking Fuzz over the amps natural overdrive, over an OD pedal or over another Fuzz?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Side note, the Fuzzaround is the best doom fuzz ever. I'd definitely recommend anyone looking for a huge, aggressive, modern sounding fuzz to take a look at Buzzaround clones.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by Perverockstar69

No offense to the builder but the clip sounds awful and isn't what a Buzzaround is supposed to sound like. I'll try to get clips of my D*A*M this weekend.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Haven't tried one but I like what I hear

Mesa Royal Atlantic