Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Ya, there's a guy on HCFX who makes a great clone, Aaron_SS. Though I do t think he's currently building them. I think he was asking $175. Certainly the best one I've heard that wasn't a D*A*M or Pigdog.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Let's get more money, I really need a fuzz, I like my Ottava Magus, it's amazing for some octave melodic lines but I need more... Really being looking for the Algal Bloom as well.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Woot! Sold my interface. Get to keep my Blunderbuss.

Now to find an RV-3 for my Carbon Copy. That would be raddd.

I wish I could contribute more to teh doomz, but I've been on a hip hop and R&B kick. haha
What I'm currently using for my band:

I have the Engl preamp going into the FX loop return of the JCM800.

Used to have the clean boost channel of the Hyper Fuzz going into a Death by Audio Fuzz War then into my Holden 50 head. Totally earth-shattering at rehearsals but didn't translate too well into recordings so I'm running a different distortion chain now.

Placed an order for an EGC baritone not too long ago, just sold my Gibson so I could have money to eat haha.

This thread needs some Burning Witch BTW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdQKpq4qXfU
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
Last edited by godgrinder at Nov 1, 2012,
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Not sure how I like the looks of that head. hahah. The board is solid. Cool rig mang. Bet it sounds pretty good.

That JCM800 was a combo but the previous owner converted it into a head so it looks pretty weird. It's just serving as a power amp for the Engl since I don't really feel like shelling out more cash just to buy a rack tube power amp.
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
Ya, I can never understand why tube power amps are so expensive. They're literally the simplest part of the amp. Though I guess most are in stereo so they need an extra transfo. Shame the Carvin one is supposed to be crap.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by godgrinder
That JCM800 was a combo but the previous owner converted it into a head so it looks pretty weird. It's just serving as a power amp for the Engl since I don't really feel like shelling out more cash just to buy a rack tube power amp.

Yeah, I got why it looks the way it does. It's just goofy. But I feel you about shelling out for a power amp. If it works, it works!
I refuse to let this thread die.

hopefully going to see High on Fire pretty soon, gonna be an awesome show. Sleep is coming just north of here as well.

I played a Budda Superdrive 18 today, and damn you're right. It is a sexy amp. I want one. How's the 30 watter for headroom/cleans? christmas is right around the corner
Quote by godgrinder
What I'm currently using for my band:

I have the Engl preamp going into the FX loop return of the JCM800.

I'll be in my bunk.
Quote by ihartfood
I refuse to let this thread die.

hopefully going to see High on Fire pretty soon, gonna be an awesome show. Sleep is coming just north of here as well.

I played a Budda Superdrive 18 today, and damn you're right. It is a sexy amp. I want one. How's the 30 watter for headroom/cleans? christmas is right around the corner

The SD30 really surprised me. It can stay really clean and be really loud stillHaving owned quite a few EL84, 30watt amps... I'm comfortable saying this is the loudest by a long shot. Seriously one of the best amps I've ever owned.

And High on Fire is pretty gnarly live.
I find it hard to believe nobody has mentioned YOB yet. AMAZING DOOM band.... two of my faves from the new album

http://youtu.be/ZdxiEmvHVvI

or

http://youtu.be/wnijxVBQ1A4

enjoy.

'08 PRS singlecut
'11 Gibson Les paul studio
'83 Gibson es-335 dot
'11 Taylor 114 ce
Bogner Ubercshall
Hughes and Kettner Triamp cab
Last edited by arteestic1 at Nov 4, 2012,
Man, that's daaaaaaaarkly awesome!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
i found an AOR in the corner of a music store I went to yesterday and immediately started playing Dragonaut and Scorpionica on it. such a sweet amp.

that made you...poop? yum
Quote by ihartfood
you need moar fuzz.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
bump

cheap digital camera gear 3 gain at 2:30pm very loud no pedals

Yeah, my Big Muff and/or Clone Theory from EHX sound awesome with that riff....

I was trying to do just the amp no pedals. And I just learned it. So.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
311, not NEARLY enough gain for that riff. hahaha. That riff has a STUPID amount of gain.. ha

I thought it was pretty close actually, especially considering I didn't use any pedals. Next time I'll do it with the Big Muff or something K?
Quote by ihartfood
^

you did a nice job though 311 in terms of notes.

use several bigmuffs though.

Wow. You guys were right.

Big Muff was not enough for their tone (at least on that song).

I'm not even going to bother posting it.

Maybe I'll try with the Vypyr
Yeah dude, Pretty sure Brent has that Thunderverb crankin, assuming he layers how normally does I'm it's the Diezel as well. Hahaha. He's seriously using stupid amounts of gain on that track.
DOOOOOOM!

*cough cough*, i think i hurt my throat.

think i am gonna hook the sunn 1200S up and try it out with my SD2in1 clone. just did that with my 18 watter and JTM45 clones and it did well, so i should try it out with my 1200S.

i can do clips if you want?
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
DOOOOOOM!

*cough cough*, i think i hurt my throat.

think i am gonna hook the sunn 1200S up and try it out with my SD2in1 clone. just did that with my 18 watter and JTM45 clones and it did well, so i should try it out with my 1200S.

i can do clips if you want?

Of course I want cl0pz... pls.
alright, i'll set it up. might not get them mixed down til tomorrow or later tonight.

-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
alright, i'll set it up. might not get them mixed down til tomorrow or later tonight.

Right on, dude.
1969 Sunn 1200S

this was a little disappointing actually. i think i actually prefer my addrock OD over the pedals i tried. the boost was muddy sounding and the fuzzes were too pinched. unfortunately i am letting a buddy borrow my OD

zvex clone, super duper 2 in 1
http://soundcloud.com/gumbilicious/boost

zvex wooly mammoth clone
http://soundcloud.com/gumbilicious/mammoth

redwitch fuzzgod II
http://soundcloud.com/gumbilicious/redwitch
http://soundcloud.com/gumbilicious/am-i-evil

i did a short Sweet Leaf riff and a more extended Sabra Cadabra riff, also decided to do Am I Evil with the redwitch.

the Sunn 1200S is more of a clean machine really, beautiful cleans.

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Nov 19, 2012,
Man, that was less than thrilling.

I still want a 1200S. I'm pretty sure my Blunderbuss would DESTROY worlds on that damn thing.

To be fair as well. I never have good experiences with clips. They will never really show you anything ever. You gotta be in front of a damn amp if you wanna know how it sounds and feels.
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Man, that was less than thrilling.

I still want a 1200S. I'm pretty sure my Blunderbuss would DESTROY worlds on that damn thing.

To be fair as well. I never have good experiences with clips. They will never really show you anything ever. You gotta be in front of a damn amp if you wanna know how it sounds and feels.

i just don't think i had the right pedals at my disposal. i have a feeling that if i had a rat proco or something similar then it would probably slay.

and you're damn right about being in the room. this amp has redic room presence, you def feel this amp when you are playing it and the mics don't really pic that up.

-ae
Soundcloud doesn't work for me gumbi but I'd have a listen if you feel like putting it somewhere else.

But yeah, the Splawn sounds insanely awesome and jizz worthy if you are standing down here in the basement with me. Nothing a SM57, let alone a digital camera, are ever going to pick up.

The Big Muff helps get there Doom wise but mainly just adds overly-boosted noise.
^ linkies no workies

you need to 'right click' copy public link and then grab that link. Should be a .mp3

Like this.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10952014/NAD%20test%208%20Diezel%20dirty.mp3

^ that is actually my favorite tone with the Vypyr 60. Somewhat Doomy
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^ linkies no workies

you need to 'right click' copy public link and then grab that link. Should be a .mp3

Like this.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10952014/NAD%20test%208%20Diezel%20dirty.mp3

^ that is actually my favorite tone with the Vypyr 60. Somewhat Doomy

hmmm, they work for me

-ae