Page 1 of 2
John Petrucci in Systematic Chaos.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Rory Gallagher
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
I've got quite a few tones that are my favourite but I couldn't single one out.

Faves are Zakk Wyldes tone on Order Of The Black, Mark Tremonti's tone in any Alter Bridge or solo album song, Emppu Vuorinen of Nightwish, Dani Evans of Alestorm, Slash, Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi, Dave Mustaines tone on Endgame, the guitar tone that Saxon get on the last few albums is crunchy and very low-end which is what I like.

Those are all I can think of right now
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
All Shall Perish and Parkway Drive .
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
A mix of Chuck Shuldiner in Crystal mountain and steve vai in general
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸
Airline 3P Deluxe
Gibson SG Special w/ SD 59's
Victoria MIJ 60's Electric Guitar
Martin DCX1E
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18
Bunch of Pedals
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
too weak - dorje
isolation - alter bridge
electric gypsy - andy timmons
the sky is crying - SRV
yellow ledbetter - pearl jam
even flow - pearl jam
wash - pearl jam
hell, anything SRV, Pearl Jam, or Dream Theater/Dorje/Tool/A Perfect Circle
Well this is one of my dream tones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8-LN8L9zyo
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Last edited by badpun at Oct 29, 2012,
I've got mine. Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded straight into a Marshall Vintage Modern half stack.
Jeff Dunn from Venom..

Just kidding.

I'm a huge fan of the Doobie Brothers tone, as well as Clutch's tone on their most recent album.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Dave Knudson - he has amazing tone live and an amazing rig. I drool every time I see Minus the Bear live.
Quote by nickdohle
Cig.... Top hat.... Les Paul.... I thought Slash quit? Regardless, pretty good tone.

If you're going to be the new guitarist of GNR, the least you could do is get your own style. He's like Slash-Lite. I can't even look at the guy without laughing.
Dream tone is kind of hard for me.
Dream tone for what?

The tone I'd like to play metal with is logically different than my dream-blues-tones and so on.

Just ONE tone wouldn't be enough for me probably.

Lately I've really been into modern Rockabilly/Psychobilly tones like Reverend Horton Heat's tone. Than I listened to Billy Talent's new album and the tones are totally killer. Now I'm really into bluesy/lower gain and clean Strat tones like John Mayer's and John Frusciante's tones.

There are so many great tones out there, chasing just ONE specific tone is simply pointless to me.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by J_W
If you're going to be the new guitarist of GNR, the least you could do is get your own style. He's like Slash-Lite. I can't even look at the guy without laughing.

Agreed he does seem like a bit of a slash rip off. Maybe somewhere between synister gates and slash. But ashba is a shit hot guitarist. Listen to sixx am. Some fantastic guitar work there.
A triple bucker PRS Singlecut trough a 4 channel Dual Rec. All the tones I want.

But more specifically think Ben Kasica.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Agreed he does seem like a bit of a slash rip off. Maybe somewhere between synister gates and slash. But ashba is a shit hot guitarist. Listen to sixx am. Some fantastic guitar work there.

Nothing against his playing at all, he's certainly better than I am.

Seriously, the first time I saw the guy I though Slash got a funny haircut.
When I was young I wanted to play on Lifeson's rig with the band, and play all the rush songs really badly with them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6PnhlXLHKAE#t=265s

Neck pickup EMG with Steve Lukather ripping the shit out of it. Love Mike Landau's tone on a lot of Michael Bolton stuff.

That guy out of the new G&R sounds shit. Horrible player, average tone.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by Tempoe
When I was young I wanted to play on Lifeson's rig with the band, and play all the rush songs really badly with them

I want to do that now
Someones already said it, but I'll say it again, Gary Moore, Still got the blues live at montreux 90? Thems some killer tones.
My dream tone is somewhere between Vai and Petrucci

This low end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSCA7CU4QbY&

With this high end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFXvfBL4WkU#t=3m32s

My dream guitar will also have a piezo system in it for the dream clean tone.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
UFO - Strangers in the Night

Cream - Disraeli Gears

Joe Bonamassa - Blues Deluxe

I'd love to have any of those tones
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
John Petrucci, Dave Murray, Zakk Wylde, basically any reasonably hot neck pickup solo tone
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Page 1 of 2