Page 1 of 2
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
3,290 IQ
Anyone in here listen to these guys yet? They recently released their debut album "Dear G-d" and it's getting a lot of positive feedback from the metal and hardcore guys I know. Give a song a listen for yourselves and see what you think of it, the full album is a bit tricky to find anywhere but through legit places like iTunes though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oGRuJi_6yo
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Honestly, I felt pretty bored by that. The instruments just sound plain and the vocals/lyrics don't do anything for me(especially those monotone cleans, ick).

Gets a big ol' meh from me.
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
How the fuck is that actually their band name?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Get this shit out of here. I have to put up with everyone's shit in SD because they all think they're gods. My band opened for them back in August and honestly they were pretty boring and mediocre. The vocalist even does deathcore vocals. Almost every member used to be in a band called Vanguard a while back when deathcore was the cool thing to play.

EDIT: Also, they're starting to go for that whole dreary, winter theme with their shit. They're from SD. SD doesn't even have winter. They're just following what's edgy right now and it's pissing me off and it seems like I'm the only one who's noticing.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Last edited by synestershadows at Oct 28, 2012,
datskramzkid
HxC Sun God
177 IQ
LOL
they even have the live shots in open fields!
Shotty you're a ten, I wait for your drunk dials at 2:30 AM
datskramzkid
HxC Sun God
177 IQ
Also holy titties, why do they blatantly rip off Listener half way through? Listener is really big with the srsbros right?
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Quote by datskramzkid
Also holy titties, why do they blatantly rip off Listener half way through? Listener is really big with the srsbros right?

What's worse is that his spoken words sound like shit. He sounds like he's Irish. Dan Smith at least sounds like a Southerner...because he is one.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
Get this shit out of here. I have to put up with everyone's shit in SD because they all think they're gods. My band opened for them back in August and honestly they were pretty boring and mediocre. The vocalist even does deathcore vocals. Almost every member used to be in a band called Vanguard a while back when deathcore was the cool thing to play.

EDIT: Also, they're starting to go for that whole dreary, winter theme with their shit. They're from SD. SD doesn't even have winter. They're just following what's edgy right now and it's pissing me off and it seems like I'm the only one who's noticing.

SD=San Diego? It throws me off that more people know SD as San Diego than South Dakota

Quote by datskramzkid

Another person that likes listener? No way!
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Quote by whywefight
SD=San Diego? It throws me off that more people know SD as San Diego than South Dakota

Yes.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
Yes.

It's so weird knowing that more people know about one city not even in America's top five population-wise than an entire state.
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Where is South Dakota? Is that like a Canadian province?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Nothing ever happens in South Dakota. San Diego is a fucking awesome city.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
The Charm
King Platypus
534 IQ
More people live in the city of San Diego than in the entirety of South Dakota.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
datskramzkid
HxC Sun God
177 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
What's worse is that his spoken words sound like shit. He sounds like he's Irish. Dan Smith at least sounds like a Southerner...because he is one.

I find Spoken word in music to be really awful. When I think of spoken word, I think of people with an actual message, whether it be about politics, civil rights, anything that has substance. Most people who do it nowadays do it for dramatic effect, and it sucks.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Where is South Dakota? Is that like a Canadian province?

No.
Quote by synestershadows
Nothing ever happens in South Dakota. San Diego is a fucking awesome city.

Don't remind me
Quote by The Charm
More people live in the city of San Diego than in the entirety of South Dakota.

Don't remind me
goldmember1217
No Cure For Fools
411 IQ
Quote by datskramzkid
LOL
they even have the live shots in open fields!

+all black/grey clothes, super emoshunal vocals about "TRYING MY BEST", all Orange Amps and Fenders.

yep, this is Grade A srscore
Joshua Garcia
Joshole
5,716 IQ
Too much screaming, not enough singing. It gets boring listening to the same vocals after a while (very little exceptions).
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf
TJHague
480 IQ
Yeah.... didn't really like it... didn't hear anything really special
The Spoon
You can't bend The Spoon
1,452 IQ
Where ever they filmed that video is a really beautiful location.
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Their old band (minus one of the guitarists) for anyone who wants to see who these guys really are. http://www.myspace.com/vanguardca

Skip the first two songs, they're BAAO songs. The others are Vanguard.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93
lol @ Andrew hating on them but liking their band on Facebook

I actually meant to unlike them a while back. I had to like them to actually listen to their demo a while ago.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
asator
whatever
525 IQ
This band is awful.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Gerard_xD
-
684 IQ
So bland, sick of hearing about them.

Worst band name, worst song name, worst music.

EDIT: All of that aside, one of my main problems with them is their fan base, the people who go on about them being really deep and stuff. No they're not, the lyrics are just so generic and uninspired. The production also sucks.

Last edited by Gerard_xD at Oct 29, 2012,
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
2,405 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
I actually meant to unlike them a while back. I had to like them to actually listen to their demo a while ago.

I hate when bands do that.

I also hate that the singer in our band loves this band.
Kyle<3
PANDY POWAR
706 IQ
I got a response from one of their guitarists on tumblr after I ranted on one of their videos. He was super butthurt when I said how they didn't really know what they were doing.
asator
whatever
525 IQ
Like shit, this is seriously so fucking bad. They've literally taken the Ghost Inside, ditched the rhythm guitar and had the lead guitarist play with no distortion. They they added in some spoken word that's clearly ripping off Listener (which is terrible to begin with). The guitar player is even doing the Attack Attack "three small headbangs then one big one" thing.

Add to that that the song doesn't go anywhere and is at the same level throughout, the production is awful, the video sucks and THEIR NAME MAKES NO SENSE. I'm sure I watched another video of theirs which was equally terrible...this band is just a disaster.

I thought it was funny when Andrew started talking about them a few months ago, but now it's not so much amusing as annoying. I'm sure it's gotten even worse over time.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
lol it's sooooooo bad. and it's the shit that trendhopping n00bs are going to eat up. **** this band.
Kyle<3
PANDY POWAR
706 IQ
Haha I dug up the exchange that we had.

This was after he initially posted "meh this makes me so depressed that people don't like my music "

"Are you in the band I was posting against? Your tumblr would make it appear that way, but I honestly don't know (or am able to see your response) because tumblr is being weird and won't let me see it. Anyway, I don't mean to disrespect the band or anyone who likes them personally, I'm sure they're/you're good dudes (I myself am a Christian) but this song is just an abomination to anyone who knows what they're doing. I can't find any creative output in it." - Me.

(keep in mind I would never say something like this now, I don't give two ****s about this band) but what surprised me was his response.

"You sent this to our band tumblr but yeah, my name’s Tyler and I write alot of the music.

It’s surprising to hear this kind of thing because we’ve really NEVER had negative feedback like this before, but if you don’t like the genre or the music obviously you can just not listen to it and we won’t bug you about it.

We have acoustic and live videos and shit too, but I don’t know if you’re over those:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nlw12XYaOQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMIKEwqyPsQ

But yeah I mean I’ll paste my old response below; what you said really bummed me out and made me pretty depressed but I get it etc.

Paste:

I write alot of the music, so I kind of feel like I should respond to this.

The music was recorded by Brian Hood, whose mixes are generally very well respected in the audio community. However, it would make sense not to like this if you don’t like his other bands (e.g. Gideon, As Hell Retreats), since the mixes are essentially the same.

The guitar chain is:

Fender ‘72 Custom Telecaster
Fulltone OCD
Orange Rocker 30
Mesa Oversized Recto Cab
sm57

Pretty much the same as any of his guitar chains.

The music obviously isn’t written like La Dispute or Touche Amore or Counterparts or Listener, those are just bands that we like and then we make our own music. Alot of our fans like really diverse music, and we do to.

We put alot alot alot of time and work into our music, so we normally expect people to either like it or not care or something, but not troll it on the internet. Kind of weird but…

I get to tour in a van with my best friends playing music so, I guess I can’t complain.

We ARE all really nice dudes and we try REALLY hard at our music so, please get to know us if you want. "

I imagined him saying all this in tears. You've really NEVER had anyone say anything bad about your music? Really?
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
I'm not even going to bother listening, because I assume I won't like it. So let's talk about the name, shall we?

Seriously, wat up wit dat?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
Their songs aren't even songs. They have no structure, it's just one riff that goes nowhere.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
Their songs aren't even songs. They have no structure, it's just one riff that goes nowhere.

Checked out another song, The Hardest Part..., and it has a main riff and a chorus. So, technically it is a song.
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
That's the song with all the djenty guitars and deathcore vocals, isn't it?
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
3,290 IQ
Well, I liked it

Are you guys against bands like Touche Amore, Defeater and Counterparts too? Granted I like all those bands better than these guys, but I thought it was decent.
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
No, we're just against bands that are deathcore in disguise and try to be original but just wind up sounding like crap. Did I mention these guys used to be in a deathcore band just a few years ago? Yeah, just think about that for a moment.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa
Pat_s1t
UG's #1 Newfie
3,290 IQ
Quote by synestershadows
No, we're just against bands that are deathcore in disguise and try to be original but just wind up sounding like crap. Did I mention these guys used to be in a deathcore band just a few years ago? Yeah, just think about that for a moment.
I'm okay with that honestly. The most frustrating thing about the album is the metalcore-ish choruses that pop up from time to time, and the eleven minute long instrumental break that gets really tiresome after a while. But overall I enjoy the music enough to keep it around.

Also, what is srscore?
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Oct 29, 2012,
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
When they act all srs. What do you think it means?
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn

Quote by nashawa