Page 5 of 10
Quote by element4433
Disney doesn't care if they make good movies or shitty ones. They know that they'll make back their investment on one movie alone.

The prequels and their quality has nothing to do with this at all.

Yes it does. Disney knows that the prequels are beautiful, aesthetically orgasmic plants waiting to fertilize and birth a litter of equally lucrative offspring. If the prequels had been parallel in quality to say, Transformers, this might not be happening right now.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
What about a movie about Greedo and the events that lead up to his untimely and unfortunate death in the Mos Eisley Cantina?

I'm thinking something like Memento, only Star Wars.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Keep on trollin'
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Todd Hart
Star Wars is already crap. Star Wars: The Musical can only be worse.

That would be awesome, redo the films as musicals. But really over the top musical style, breaking into song and dance at every opportunity
friends
Quote by Carnivean
Yes it does. Disney knows that the prequels are beautiful, aesthetically orgasmic plants

bahahHAHAHAhahahahahahaha

love it

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Nothing to do with Luke/Han's/Leia's children.

That's already been done. There's a craploads of novels, people have spent insane amount of time and effort fleshing the post Episode 6 stuff out. You can't shit on people's work like that.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Nothing to do with Luke/Han's/Leia's children.

That's already been done. There's a craploads of novels, people have spent insane amount of time and effort fleshing the post Episode 6 stuff out. You can't shit on people's work like that.
Of course you can. It's just fan fiction.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
This is worse than this mother****ing hurricane!!!!!!!
Quote by MDoggDX316
To quote Granddad, "I think ALL marriage should be illegal."

[quote="'-[NiL"]-'] I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
Quote by Bladez22
That would be awesome, redo the films as musicals. But really over the top musical style, breaking into song and dance at every opportunity

oh gawd just imagine the showtunes we could get out of Leia alone

Help me Obi-Wan Ken-o-bii
(Help me Obi-Wan, oooh)
(Help me Obi-Wan, oooh)
(Help meee)
YOU'RE MY ON LEEEEE HOOOOOOOOOOOOPE! :jazzhands:

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Mike Rowe could play Darth Vader in the musical pretty well I'd say.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse

(Help me Obi-Wan, oooh)
(Help me Obi-Wan, oooh)
(Help meee)

This entire song is shot in increasingly blue light and then at the end Leia steals looks left and right, reaches forward, and we snap to black. HIRE ME TO DIRECT PLS

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I had to double check my calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by element4433
Of course you can. It's just fan fiction.

Professionally published, fully licensed, made for profit, series of novels...fan fiction? Nah.

In that case the prequels are just shit fan-fiction films.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Professionally published, fully licensed, made for profit, series of novels...fan fiction? Nah.

If LucasFilm(even under Disney) produces a film, or films, that contradict anything in the EU, the films all take precedence.
EU is, at best, 2nd order canon.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by EndTheRapture51

He meant the thing we're doing.
my god what if they do a Marvel Star Wars crossover

does that mean that

that

that Tony Stark

can kill Jar Jar Binks

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Element! I have an idea

What if there is a conspiracy that the force doesn't exist and it is merely mass hysteria and there is a movement, some sort of cult, trying to brainwash people into being saved by some sort of being, which is only them "using the force" against the force yet they don't realize it and thus think it works? This could be what Han's son discovers and he has to find the young Skywalkers to discover if this is true or not, and he knows of them through his father's tales, and thus they start a movement to end this outbreak of brainwashed people?

It could be the stupidest run on sentence or a genius one.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Element! I have an idea

What if there is a conspiracy that the force doesn't exist and it is merely mass hysteria and there is a movement, some sort of cult, trying to brainwash people into being saved by some sort of being, which is only them "using the force" against the force yet they don't realize it and thus think it works? This could be what Han's son discovers and he has to find the young Skywalkers to discover if this is true or not, and he knows of them through his father's tales, and thus they start a movement to end this outbreak of brainwashed people?

stupidest. you can't take the force out of star wars...
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Element! I have an idea

At this point isn't Luke the only living person who believes in the Force?
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by captaincrunk
stupidest. you can't take the force out of star wars...

That's the thing! It's not being taken out. It's just simple brainwashing to get people to think it isn't real, as a means to erase history. They are taught the force but aren't told it's the force so the force can't be used on them because they are strong with it. It's all politics.

Yeah it's stupid

Quote by AeroRocker
At this point isn't Luke the only living person who believes in the Force?

I'm sure if there are new characters that are somehow linked to old ones, the Force can be brought back somehow
In the Canon, Luke returns the force to prominence.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Here that is:Three years old. I still stand by it.

Though I do love the prequels as they were for the most part, this is the best rewrite I have ever heard. Cracked tried to do one before, but they wanted Lucas to make lame summer blockbuster flicks of Anakin and Obi Wan just destroying shit, teh lame
Quote by whywefight
So much of it is a joke, but he brings up good points.

I like the prequels so I am biased. I don't ignore the fact that there are holes in the prequels, but pretty much an flaw I find with them I can also find in the originals, so I just ignore them. I just get annoyed by everyone fapping over Plinkett, come up with your own argument, damn
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Element! I have an idea

I like the idea of taking the force out of it, but I'm not sure if that's the way to do it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by SteveHouse

(Help me Obi-Wan, oooh)
(Help me Obi-Wan, oooh)
(Help meee)

Chewie's song would be the best....

EDIT: But on a serious note I never really cared for the films much, I loved the games around star wars though. My favourite was Knights of the Old Republic, so if they do a prequel around that I will actually really like it
friends
Last edited by Bladez22 at Oct 30, 2012,
Quote by element4433
I like the idea of taking the force out of it, but I'm not sure if that's the way to do it.

Yeah reading it back it is pretty stupid and would spark all sorts of "OMG ANTI RELIGION HOW DARE THEY" kind of remarks...

I dunno something major that would get fans to go "NO! No this can't be" and then it comes back with triumph so the ride was well worth it, you know?
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
That's the thing! It's not being taken out. It's just simple brainwashing to get people to think it isn't real, as a means to erase history. They are taught the force but aren't told it's the force so the force can't be used on them because they are strong with it. It's all politics.

Yeah it's stupid

I've expanded on my (generic) idea.

Han's kid is a bounty hunter in the setting I described (faulty re established Republic with a weak hold on the galaxy that is run by an oligarchical government that is easily manipulated by criminal organisations) He lives on a distant planet divided between two criminal factions, each with their own set of bounty hunters. There is a Sith resurgence (based on your idea), but at the beginning of the film they are keeping relatively quiet.

Han's kid is assigned a mission to assassinate an influential figure in the rival faction, and discovers they are working with Sith lords (maybe not lords, but you get what I mean) so they can increase their influence/hold on several systems across the galaxies. This faction and the Sith do not like each other; they are allies only because of convenience. The Sith are plotting to overthrow the weak Republic, and Han's kid eventually finds out about the new Jedi order (small in numbers) who are out to stop the Sith.

That's what I have so far.

Edit: If you want to remove the force, we could just make the Jedi under trained, and not believe in the force. The New Jedi Order would just be a shadow of what the old was. And then over the course of the film they could gradually discover certain aspects of it (that's what I would like)

Also are we still using Han's kid?
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Oct 30, 2012,
I hope they don't do anything with Han and Leia's kids. That would pretty much guarantee that it'll suck. Of course, that'll probably be exactly what they'll do.
Quote by slipknot5678

Han's kid is a bounty hunter in the setting I described (faulty re established Republic with a weak hold on the galaxy that is run by an oligarchical government that is easily manipulated by criminal organisations) He lives on a distant planet divided between two criminal factions, each with their own set of bounty hunters. There is a Sith resurgence (based on your idea), but at the beginning of the film they are keeping relatively quiet.

Han's kid is assigned a mission to assassinate an influential figure in the rival faction, and discovers they are working with Sith lords (maybe not lords, but you get what I mean) so they can increase their influence/hold on several systems across the galaxies. This faction and the Sith do not like each other; they are allies only because of convenience. The Sith are plotting to overthrow the weak Republic, and Han's kid eventually finds out about the new Jedi order (small in numbers) who are out to stop the Sith.

That's pretty good actually. The question is how does this Sith organization still exist? What's the connection from the ending of Return of the Jedi? I'm sure one can be made and it'll be all the more stronger.
george lucas what in the absolute shit are you doing
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by SteveHouse
Mike Rowe could play Darth Vader in the musical pretty well I'd say.

Mike Rowe should do ALL roles
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
Mike Rowe should do ALL roles

in everything
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by slipknot5678

Edit: If you want to remove the force, we could just make the Jedi under trained, and not believe in the force. The New Jedi Order would just be a shadow of what the old was. And then over the course of the film they could gradually discover certain aspects of it (that's what I would like)

Also are we still using Han's kid?
Here's some stuff I'd like to add (because I like it):

It should be a still reconstruction society, but maybe 100+ years in the future.
The new Senate is trying to establish control, but there's still a lot of opposition in the outer areas.
Jedi are around, but act almost like guardian angels.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I just heard that Disney is effectively cancelling all the video games and non-movie canon, so the books basically no longer exist.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by element4433

It should be a still reconstruction society, but maybe 100+ years in the future.
The new Senate is trying to establish control, but there's still a lot of opposition in the outer areas.

In what sense would they be guardian angels? Appear only when help is needed?
Quote by WCPhils
in everything

I like how you are thinking
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
That's pretty good actually. The question is how does this Sith organization still exist? What's the connection from the ending of Return of the Jedi? I'm sure one can be made and it'll be all the more stronger.

As part of our back story, the Emperor is defeated, and there is a brief (one-two year long) period of instability in which sympathisers of the Empire and supporters of the New Republic go through a power struggle. Once in power, the New Republic begins purging the sympathisers, and they go into exile, controlling maybe a planet or something.

Meanwhile the New Jedi Order is established by Luke, and the belief in the force has a slight revival. Some of these Jedi become sympathisers themselves and learn the ways of the dark side. The New Republic quickly becomes unstable, the Sith starts to revive itself, and criminal organisations take control of multiple systems.

In the expanded universe there's a whole Sith culture and language, etc. as well. So maybe that can all play into the revival.

Quote by element4433

I like this. A reconstruction society is what I've been thinking all along.
I don't have Skype

I think the Sith stuff right now is a little shakey right now. I'll try to think of something more solid. Or you guys can too.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
I think the Sith stuff right now is a little shakey right now. I'll try to think of something more solid. Or you guys can too.

Definitely. I was just throwing something out there to see if one of you two could think of something better. I'll work on that and we can see which ideas work best.

Unfortunately, I don't even have a web cam. Otherwise I would be willing to use Skype.