Page 2 of 7
Quote by widownz
yeah sweet we can do that.
So I'll change my easy bass to enter Stained, Outside and do Audioslave, Like a stone with you as a collab.
Still got to work out what I'm going to do as a intermediate bass.

I might be able to record my part this weekend. I can send you the file and you can record with it, but I can do the mixing for you if you send me just the bass.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Well I already learned The Wolf is Loose.

I'll try to record it tomorrow. Might do something else by the end of the month though....
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I might be able to record my part this weekend. I can send you the file and you can record with it, but I can do the mixing for you if you send me just the bass.

Awesome I'll be able to record the bass next week for this then.
Quote by whoomit
This really had nothing to do with him?!

Oh well, my entry's great as it is

Honeslty, nothing at all

I've never spoken to him
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I think Killing In The Name of - RATM is easy. Just saying.

My entry?

Bass/Keyboard/Guitars
Intermediate: Forsaken - Dream Theater
Advanced: Selkies: The Endless Obsession - Between The Buried and Me
Quote by niejel

Advanced: Selkies: The Endless Obsession - Between The Buried and Me

ohhh, good luck! Can't wait to hear it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
OP updated.

Quote by francesco18
I have to post the link of the cover in this thread when i'm done and that's it, right ?

Yep.
Probably helps to check the list in the 2nd post of the thread. Make sure I copy the link there!

After that... Wait for the polls!
Learning a new cover song? Feel like recording it? And have people listen to it? See the CATPM thread in the Pit. Here's the user group
I've been wanting to enter one of these for the past few months... might as well do this one.

I'll pick out a song to work on tomorrow
Sign me up for Long Road to Ruin by the Foo Fighters- easy or intermediate guitar, not sure which. I may do the bass part too if I have time.
I pride myself on my humility.
Hmmm, been wanting to learn this song
Easy guitar:
Disorder by Joy Division
Quote by mtshark
Sign me up for Long Road to Ruin by the Foo Fighters- easy or intermediate guitar, not sure which. I may do the bass part too if I have time.

Had a quick look.
I've put the bass in easy, and the guitar in intermediate. But really only because of part of the solo.
Learning a new cover song? Feel like recording it? And have people listen to it? See the CATPM thread in the Pit. Here's the user group
Quote by QPC_Sam
Had a quick look.
I've put the bass in easy, and the guitar in intermediate. But really only because of part of the solo.

Fair enough. Sounds good, thanks.
I pride myself on my humility.
Thinking about entering either Intermediate or Advanced with The Fall of Troy's "People and Their Lives". I gotta see if I can find more time to practice and record though. Do you have to make a completely new track or can I just layer my guitar parts over the original songs (so that you can't hear the original)?
H4T3BR33D3R!!!! I HAS RECORDED ALL RYTHYM FOR ZE TROOPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was much rejoicing!

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Not sure about All New Materials... It's a tricky one to put into a category. It's solidly intermediate but it has a couple of fast runs that should be in advanced. Someone else may want to give their opinion here, but I would say it fits intermediate better than advanced.
Quote by Random3
Not sure about All New Materials... It's a tricky one to put into a category. It's solidly intermediate but it has a couple of fast runs that should be in advanced. Someone else may want to give their opinion here, but I would say it fits intermediate better than advanced.

I think it really depends on what are in the other categories. It is a tricky one to categorize.

Oh QPC! I'm going to be doing Spoils for my advanced entry.
___

Quote by The_Blode
That sounds fun but, if I put all that effort into a cover I might as well just continue to work on my solo album, is it common to have a competition with original material?
Quote by Erra93
I will be trying Periphery - All New Materials
Should be intermediate?

Thanks for this btw

Shit man I'm psyched to hear this.

I've decided on learning Crystalline by Morning Teleportation (I guess easy? Maybe intermediate, I'll let TS be the judge)
Quote by Random3

True, true.. I'd say it's somewhere inbetween, but should be rounded down to intermediate, so yeah.. I agree

Quote by morallygray
Shit man I'm psyched to hear this.

I've decided on learning Crystalline by Morning Teleportation (I guess easy? Maybe intermediate, I'll let TS be the judge)

Haha, I will do my best not to disappoint! I'm still having trouble pulling off the intro perfectly, so it'll definitely be a challenge playing the whole song
Quote by 1337punk
Disorder cover!

ahaha i suck >.<

Your guitar doesn't mix well with the original, it would probably sound better on its own. It's well played.

Quote by DiminishedFifth
Thinking about entering either Intermediate or Advanced with The Fall of Troy's "People and Their Lives". I gotta see if I can find more time to practice and record though. Do you have to make a completely new track or can I just layer my guitar parts over the original songs (so that you can't hear the original)?

I've put that in intermediate, but I'm willing to be corrected.

As for recording, a lot of people do just play over the original track. Sometimes you can find free backing tracks on the net. Some people use midi. It's up to you -- as long as you don't get done for copyright like a certain someone who shall remain nameless (when not referred to as Leony)

Quote by morallygray

I've put that in intermediate. But, again, I am willing to be corrected.

Quote by leony03

Dare we hope for an actual collaboration poll this month?
Last edited by QPC_Sam at Nov 5, 2012,
Quote by leony03

OMG!

That means the lead track will be done next month.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
OMG!

That means the lead track will be done next month.

Cheeky sod

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by leony03
Cheeky sod

What can I say? I'm a bastard
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Spoils is coming along well!

Definitely the hardest song I've tried. Got it at about 85-90% full speed.

So fun to play
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils
Spoils is coming along well!

Definitely the hardest song I've tried. Got it at about 85-90% full speed.

So fun to play

Hopefully you can 5 star that song.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by QPC_Sam
I've put that in intermediate, but I'm willing to be corrected.

As for recording, a lot of people do just play over the original track. Sometimes you can find free backing tracks on the net. Some people use midi. It's up to you -- as long as you don't get done for copyright like a certain someone who shall remain nameless (when not referred to as Leony)

After learning almost all of it I think Intermediate would be a good place to put it.

That's it, I'm registering for it with that song :P

Got everything but some of the final runs down and those won't take too long to get. After that, it's perfecting some of the faster downpicking sections and then coming up with my perfect recording tones... and then tracking some damn guitar!

HELL. YEAH.

Haven't decided if I want to record a video with it... but I might.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Hopefully you can 5 star that song.

I'll need a ton of Star Power.
___

Quote by The_Blode
I may or may not be able to record, as my mic has stopped working, and I don't own a webcam. The next few weeks will be hectic with exam preparation, but if the replacement webcam arrives and I have a free moment, I'll get it done
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

What can I say? I'm a bastard

That you are

Quote by angusfan16
Hey, at least I only delayed mine for a month!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hey, at least I only delayed mine for a month!

Quote by angusfan16