Page 3 of 7
Republicans will probably accept Communism, gay marriage and pot smoking before you'll be done with that collab
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'd like to register for Other - Easy - song is Lullaby by NickelBack.
Do I have to post the video on this thread?
Quote by MasterGuitar126

What instrument are you playing and yes you have to link the video here.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by TunerAddict
That was awesome. Although it would seem like that tuning peg manipulation would be hard as hell.

I actually got lucky on the intro. I practiced before the video for the tuning peg to see how the peg looks when it's back in tune. I usually get it a little off, but I got lucky in the video to have it perfect in one turn.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Republicans will probably accept Communism, gay marriage and pot smoking before you'll be done with that collab

Oh HAYYAL NAW!

Btw, QPC_Sam, I wanna change my Easy entry to Storytime by Nightwish
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC4mULkaBe4

I'm probably going to redo this since I kind of fucked up near the end

That seemed good to me.
But if you can do better, then you have the time.

Quote by MasterGuitar126

Or to an audio track. But, yep, post it in this thread.
Learning a new cover song? Feel like recording it? And have people listen to it? See the CATPM thread in the Pit. Here's the user group
Quote by leony03
Oh HAYYAL NAW!

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
First time ever for me - I'll learn a Mastodon track - Blood and Thunder - on guitar!

EDit:

Scratch that - I'm gonna take a swing at Bombtrack by RATM - I don;t think I'm gonna be able to get the main riff of Blood and Thunder down in time.

EDIT the Second: Bombtrack? I meant Freedom.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Last edited by metacarpi at Nov 8, 2012,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Thats a pretty badass jacket though

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Nov 8, 2012,
Blood and Thunder is surprisingly hard. The main riff is a pain.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Blood and Thunder is surprisingly hard. The main riff is a pain.

Getting the palm muting right on it is what's tripping me up - if only I was pissed up and didn't care about it being sloppy as shit - I'd be okay then!

Also - I might have to retract my submission - I did a rough first take of Freedom, and holy shit is the microphone on my webcam crappy. Ever have someone show you some shitty footage on a cellphone of a concert they went to? Where it just sounds like "BLARGHBUZZHISSBLARGHBANGBLARGHHISSBANG"? It sounds like that no matter what I try.

Lousy cheap ass webcam.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by QPC_Sam
That seemed good to me.
But if you can do better, then you have the time.

I probably will, the only thing holding me back is getting that tuning peg back in tune in one turn which might not happen again lol.

I guess for my Easy I'll record bass and guitar for Stone Temple Pilot's Interstate Love Song
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Good news everyone!

I'm doing a YouTube collaboration of my Nightwish cover! Doing it with a very popular drummer 800+ subscribers and won some YouTube awards

Quote by angusfan16
http://youtu.be/OfKlxbVv7rQ

Got my other cover up, it's kind of iffy in the solos, but I don't feel like rerecording a 10 min song.. Idk if I should just make this my intermediate cover instead of RATM, though since we're seeing a bunch of RATM covers, we could do a RATM off.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by TunerAddict
What kind of Telecaster is that, Horse?

http://www.fender.com/products/modernplayer/modern-player-telecaster-plus

Apparently the color mine is in is discontinued or something
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Hey guys!

Which guitar should I get?

The Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Special
http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Hellraiser-Special-C-1.aspx

or the Schecter Damien Elite Avenger
http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Guitar/Damien-Elite-Avenger.aspx

I really wanted the regular Schecter Hellraiser, but it's like $800. That's not happening.

Edit: I like Schecter because they're are one of the few companies that actually make all of their guitars left-handed too.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Tracking the guitars has commenced! Some of this shit is hard to double track perfectly (the fast down-picking sections and the wah section in particular). This is gonna take awhile
Get the Hellraiser Phils

Quote by DiminishedFifth
Tracking the guitars has commenced! Some of this shit is hard to double track perfectly (the fast down-picking sections and the wah section in particular).

I wouldn't double track wah, I have tried it and it never sounds in time.

If you have the gear you could record without wah and then send the signal back to your wah pedal and wah each track simultaneously.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Imo the Hellraiser seems cooler

That Avenger just looks like a very plain looking upside down Mocking bird to me
Quote by TunerAddict

I need it lefty

That would be amazing though

Though I did just find these

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-c-1-hellraiser-left-handed-electric-guitar?condition=used

Can't believe I didn't think to look used.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Nov 10, 2012,
See, if you started it 3 months ago instead of now, you could've used the time to learn it!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
See, if you started it 3 months ago instead of now, you could've used the time to learn it!

I've played tried to play it before a few times but not properly Its a bit different to my normal attempted lead playing I'll do my best Might have to slightly improv it

Quote by angusfan16
Dont worry, I think you have more of advantage than me considering the usual music I play is Clapton
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Been very busy (and ill) the last week so if I do get round to doing Surfing With The Alien then chances are I will just use a backing track and won't record the bass.

I have pretty much learned all the parts, haven't jammed them really yet though.

Might be getting a new delay pedal tomorrow though so will definitely be using that on it
I'm going to be doing Farewell Mona Lisa by The Dillinger Escape Plan instead of the PtH one for intermediate guitar
___

Quote by The_Blode
Because my 3.5 year relationship fell through and I am rebounding like a mother****er. Also, we're staying the night since there're no trains back to Cardiff that late, and since I think we're booking a hotel, what better thing is there to do?
Theres an Ibis Hotel near the city centre: http://www.eurobookings.com/portsmouth-hotels-gb/ibis-portsmouth-centre.html?as=g&aid=3701635899&dsti=182827&dstt=8&label=bh35648&akw=ibis%20portsmouth&asrc=Search&ast=&gclid=COHY5vDGx7MCFefMtAodlxoAig

You may find somewhere cheaper but that's the only one I know of.

As far as wenches go, the Guildhall Walk which is usually filled with booty on Saturday nights is about a 2 minute walk from the Ibis, no doubt you will hear it from there :p