ik,r?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I hope never. 2 funy

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
"But on the rape thing, it's like, how does putting more violence onto a woman's body and taking the life of an innocent child that's a consequence of this crime, how does that make it better?" Koster said in the exchange.

I wish I was aborted
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

Why do they keep talking about this stuff (in the run up to the election, of all times)? Are that fucing retarded?
Quote by Hydra150
Why do they keep talking about this stuff (in the run up to the election, of all times)? Are that fucing retarded?

Because it's a very hot issue, and voting is less than a week away, so they're doing a bunch of press stops and campaigning and are getting asked hot-button questions?

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
Quote by necrosis1193
Because it's a very hot issue, and voting is less than a week away, so they're doing a bunch of press stops and campaigning and are getting asked hot-button questions?

These guys are career politicians, why don't they have the sense/agility to dodge such questions without making the headlines?
Quote by Hydra150
These guys are career politicians, why don't they have the sense/agility to dodge such questions without making the headlines?

Considering the whole "Grassroots/real Americans/Joe Sixpack" movement in the Republican party over the last few years, probably not. They're probably some schmuck from Nowhere, South Carolina, that got elected to some local government thing and got a bunch of support to run for state senator/congressman/something else or something.

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
the whole reason is that if you think life begins as soon as the ovum is fertilized, then the fetus is a baby and needs to be protected regardless of parentage, the whole thing comes down basically to when you consider a person alive, pro-life=right away pro-choice=its up for debate, regardless of how you feel this argument it really only has minute effects on overall government policy and abortion (either way) is more an issue for the sake of your political base rather that the overall good of the country
Quote by Hydra150

The problem with such a broad democracy is that not everyone is a smart, sensible and trained person in politics.
Quote by Nelsean

The Rape Thing sounds Luke a cheesy b list lifetime made for TV movie horror.

"But on the rape thing, it's like, how does putting more violence onto a woman's body and taking the life of an innocent child that's a consequence of this crime, how does that make it better?" Koster said in the exchange.
koster pls
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by Hydra150

No, they quite possibly just genuinely care about this issue.

Look, I’m pro-choice, but the Abortion debate is such a cluster**** because no-one can be bothered to put themselves into the shoes of the other side. They speak completely different languages and thus don’t understand one another.

Imagine for a second that you believe that human life, and all the rights that go with it, develop at conception. You believe the foetus to be a perfectly conscious human being, same as an infant. If you thought that, wouldn’t you bring up Abortion all the ****ing time? Like, wouldn’t it be all you talk about? I know if I thought that then that’d be my single issue, because it would take a huge issue to outweigh what I would then consider to be the wilful slaughter of defenceless babies.

Pro-choice people don’t see that, because we don’t consider that consciousness, or sentience, or whatever you wish to label the factor that makes humans different from other animals and thus makes it not ok to kill them, occurs at the moment of conception.
However, if you put yourself in their shoes, you realise that their statements about rape are perfectly consistent. I despise the people who are anti-abortion but think that it’s ok in cases of rape. What the **** kind of position is that to hold? If you think abortion is murder, then you can’t ever say it’s ok, no matter what the excuse is (the exception being if the mother’s life were in immediate danger, in which case it’s analogous to murder in self-defence).

Calling pro-lifers who say these things stupid is, in itself, moronic. If you understand their positions, it makes perfect sense to believe that women should carry their rapist’s child.

Where they are stupid, is in their understanding of Biology. Many of them are wilfully ignorant of the facts of embryonic development, and much of the misunderstanding might be cleared up if they opened a bio textbook, but pro-choicers would want to be careful of throwing stones from that glasshouse.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Look, I’m pro-choice, but the Abortion debate is such a cluster**** because no-one can be bothered to put themselves into the shoes of the other side. They speak completely different languages and thus don’t understand one another.

Imagine for a second that you believe that human life, and all the rights that go with it, develop at conception. You believe the foetus to be a perfectly conscious human being, same as an infant. If you thought that, wouldn’t you bring up Abortion all the ****ing time? Like, wouldn’t it be all you talk about? I know if I thought that then that’d be my single issue, because it would take a huge issue to outweigh what I would then consider to be the wilful slaughter of defenceless babies.

Pro-choice people don’t see that, because we don’t consider that consciousness, or sentience, or whatever you wish to label the factor that makes humans different from other animals and thus makes it not ok to kill them, occurs at the moment of conception.
However, if you put yourself in their shoes, you realise that their statements about rape are perfectly consistent. I despise the people who are anti-abortion but think that it’s ok in cases of rape. What the **** kind of position is that to hold? If you think abortion is murder, then you can’t ever say it’s ok, no matter what the excuse is (the exception being if the mother’s life were in immediate danger, in which case it’s analogous to murder in self-defence).

Calling pro-lifers who say these things stupid is, in itself, moronic. If you understand their positions, it makes perfect sense to believe that women should carry their rapist’s child.

Where they are stupid, is in their understanding of Biology. Many of them are wilfully ignorant of the facts of embryonic development, and much of the misunderstanding might be cleared up if they opened a bio textbook, but pro-choicers would want to be careful of throwing stones from that glasshouse.

I don't know that they are ignorant to the facts of embryonic development so much as they disagree on the inferences to be made from those facts. A fetus is most certainly a human being; the question is, as someone pointed out here in a debate a long time ago, is it a human person? To me that's more of a philosophical question that neither side can truly be "correct" on. The analogy I hear from many pro-lifers is not that a fetus is a human person necessarily, but that because we cannot know as a matter of fact we ought to err on the side of safety and assume it's a person.
#DTWD
Quote by captainsnazz
Does this political party literally go out and advertise: "RETARDS! IGNORANT RETARDS NEEDED! IF YOU'RE RETARDED, COME AND HELP US CAUSE PROBLEMS FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD!"

I'd vote for that party
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
The Tea Party hopefully is collapsing. People like this and Akin and Mourdock saying stupid stuff on live television. Michele Bachmann is most likely going to lose her seat in congress as well.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
I really don't get how America lets retards to lead their country.......

Is being retarded all the rage right now over there?
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Just read The Handmaid's Tale (first thing by Atwood that hasn't managed to piss me off). It's pretty crazy how people like these rape douches are relevant in the public forum yet their viewpoint on things like this aren't even very far off to the views presented by the fictional nutjobs in that book.
Quote by The_Casinator
The problem with such a broad democracy is that not everyone is a smart, sensible and trained person in politics.

Sometimes, even the "trained politicians" aren't smart or sensible.

Quote by due 07
I am so sick of republicans saying outrageous things about rape.

Yeah? Well, I'm so sick of you saying ridiculous things about misogyny, but I don't say I'm so sick of liberals saying ridiculous things about misogyny. Stop assuming these nutjobs represent the view of all conservative Americans/all Republicans, due.

And, for the record, I'm not a Republican.

Quote by adamgur96
I really don't get how America lets retards to lead their country...
I'm going to assume there's also retarded politicians in Israel, man.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Nov 2, 2012,
Quote by adamgur96
I really don't get how America lets retards to lead their country.......

Is being retarded all the rage right now over there?

A) These rapepublicans (patent pending) don't lead the United States.

B) You live in Israel. Retarded Americans sponsor your existence.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
B) You live in Israel. Retarded Americans sponsor your existence.

I know
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by Nelsean

The Rape Thing sounds Luke a cheesy b list lifetime made for TV movie horror.

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I'm just happy their constant pushing of this hurts them politically.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yeah? Well, I'm so sick of you saying ridiculous things about misogyny, but I don't say I'm so sick of liberals saying ridiculous things about misogyny. Stop assuming these nutjobs represent the view of all conservative Americans, due.

No.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I'm just happy their constant pushing of this hurts them politically.

Perhaps god intended them to lose their political relevance.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Yeah? Well, I'm so sick of you saying ridiculous things about misogyny, but I don't say I'm so sick of liberals saying ridiculous things about misogyny. Stop assuming these nutjobs represent the view of all conservative Americans, due.

That's not what he did at all. Reading is hard. He said he's tired of republicans saying idiotic things about rape. That doesn't mean he is saying all republicans say retarded things about rape.
Quote by due 07
No.

due, you're being an ignant. Stop being an ignant, due!

Quote by Thrashtastic15
That's not what he did at all. Reading is hard. He said he's tired of republicans saying idiotic things about rape. That doesn't mean he is saying all republicans say retarded things about rape.

I'm well aware. I was making fun of him. I wasn't saying he said all Republicans say that stuff. Reading's very hard.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

I'm well aware. I was making fun of him. I wasn't saying he said all Republicans say that stuff. Reading's very hard.

Well humour clearly isn't your strong suit if that's the case. I can read, you just can't write apparently.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Quote by primusfan
I don't know that they are ignorant to the facts of embryonic development so much as they disagree on the inferences to be made from those facts. A fetus is most certainly a human being; the question is, as someone pointed out here in a debate a long time ago, is it a human person? To me that's more of a philosophical question that neither side can truly be "correct" on. The analogy I hear from many pro-lifers is not that a fetus is a human person necessarily, but that because we cannot know as a matter of fact we ought to err on the side of safety and assume it's a person.

ITT: two posts of legitimate insight, preceded and followed by banal horse shit.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Well humour clearly isn't your strong suit if that's the case. I can read, you just can't write apparently.

Unfortunately, my humor doesn't translate as well as I want it to through the internet all the time.

Quote by WCPhils

Most insightful post in this thread.
Quote by primusfan

I agree, to some extent. I said many, because I know that there are a great many pro-lifers who are like, doctors and shit. I also know it's not as cut and dried (hence my saying the pro-choicers are often not much better). I personally find it somewhat ambiguous, but it does illuminate the debate in a key way, one realises that it is physically impossible that any reasonable conception of personhood occurs at conception or at any time shortly thereafter. I think we can also reasonably push the boundary back to at least 8 weeks after conception, at which time the Embryo is physically identical to other vertebrates (that we've no real problem killing willy nilly).

After that we can start to talk about what personhood means, whether or not we reckon it resides in the brain and CNS, and to what degree, and we can use that to further inform our decisions and talk about varying degrees of personhood.

The problem, as I said, is on both sides. I just see that one side, by understanding biology a little more (or just paying more attention to it) could realise that aspects of their position are untenable.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yeah? Well, I'm so sick of you saying ridiculous things about misogyny, but I don't say I'm so sick of liberals saying ridiculous things about misogyny. Stop assuming these nutjobs represent the view of all conservative Americans/all Republicans, due.
How many high profile Republicans have said stuff like this throughout the election season?

Hell, the Vice Presidential candidate did himself.

I'm not saying 100% of Republicans agree with this, but based on the pure number of dumb shit said by them, it's safe to assume that a large chunk of them agree.

Also, how is this anything but misogyny?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 5