Musicman48858
212 IQ

This guitar is easily the smoothest/fastest guitar I've ever played. The action came from the store/factory set up perfectly. It has a very solid feel to it, and the frets are completely level (as you'd expect). The upper fret access is insane for a bolt on guitar, easily beating my Ibanez RG 320FM. It's actually even a little easier to reach the high frets than on my Schecter C1+, which is amazing due to the Schecter's Ultra Access Set Neck.

The Crunch Lab bridge pickup is exactly what you'd expect. High output, yet it actually cleans up really well with a volume roll off. It's also surprisingly articulate for such a high output bridge pickup. The Liquifire neck pickup sings exactly the way you'd want it to, but what impresses me is that even with high gain, the chording on it is clear... the neck pickup on all my other guitars gets muddy with chording with even a little gain. The coil tap activated by switching to "both" pickups and then pulling out the tone knob is impressive. It uses the inside coils from the two pickups,
and pulls off a 2 or 4 position strat sound really well.

All of that said, the thing that really blew me away from a sound perspective was the piezo pickup. I plugged it into the PA at my church and was amazed at how much it sounded like an acoustic/electric guitar... it's not quite as good as the LR Baggs in my Babicz Dreadnaught, but it's a more than passable acoustic sound. In fact, I've taken to doubling the acoustic guitar (he plays a Taylor) when the electric part is out at my church, and in the mix, you have a hard time telling who is playing the Taylor and who is playing the electric guitar.

It's definitely a pricy guitar, but I think in that price range, you'd have a hard time finding something higher quality... I think it probably all comes down to preference. If the 3 grand price tag is too much for you, I played several Music Man guitars, not all BFR, and the quality and sound is consistently high across the board. I honestly don't know if I'll ever buy another brand... The only downside I see to owning this guitar is that I now have 6 other electric guitars which are just going to start accumulating dust.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,270 IQ
**** you. I must have one. NOW. I MUST EXPERIENCE OWNING IT!!

But at the same time, i'm reluctant to get one as my Gibson would be put in the attic forever.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 2, 2012,
jeleopard
Jackson Fanboy!
1,810 IQ
*Slowjerk*

HNGD
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Ibanez RG8
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
Schecter KM7
83 Gibson Explorer "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
Ibanez SR485
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line 6 POD HD500
Jacques-Henri
55 IQ
You lucky f*cker! It's a family reserve too... HNGD, you won't need a new one for a LOOOONG time.
oneblackened
Better Than You At Mixing
3,304 IQ
That top

Am I the only one who thinks these guitars are really small?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (BKP C-Bomb/VHII)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Focal Alpha 65 monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
No, they are really small. Well the JP6 is. The later models are slightly larger.

Also, get some oil on that board TS. It looks rather dry.
Heideck
719 IQ
..... great guitar, HNGD
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Musicman48858
212 IQ
It is pretty small, but so comfy...

And the picture made the fretboard look dryer than it was, but I oiled it right after I took those pictures.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
2,050 IQ
Amazing guitar, but that finish is just way too over the top and extra for my taste.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Maximus_2005
13 IQ
Amazing guitar! Love the shape, looks easy to play

Hngd!!!!!!
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
dat quilt!
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
griffin888
65 IQ
I love these guitars. I'm partial to the original models because of the bigger forearm contour that I find really comfy, but these ones are so beautiful. Ever see the BFRs with the koa tops? Those are also some amazing looking instruments. You got yourself a keeper there, brother. HNGD.
nickdohle
Let's a go Mario!
1,271 IQ
The longer I am on UG, the more I like the EBMM guitars. HNGD! Beautiful quilt and color combo
adamgur96
Not caring no more
867 IQ
*Drools*

*-* I must have one of these.....

I'm still saving up for an EBMM JPX7.....
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in